Past starting lines

uwresearcher

Aug 7, 2014
Ken Dryden recently wrote: Before Orr, defencemen were defenders. Orr decided you could defend by having the puck or by being quick enough to get back when things went wrong. He forced his teammates to go up the ice with him, forced average skaters to be better skaters, forced bad passers to learn how to pass.

This idea that players upped their game in response to stars fits nicely with a project I've been working on. Specifically, I'm investigating the effect that star players have on the performance, salary, and movement (between teams) of other players. But what I still need is a way to get at which guys actually played with the stars. I think looking at starting lines, game by game, is a good start.

To that end, can anyone direct me to a website or resource that might have this information for the seasons in and around 05/06 to 10/11? My searches have come up empty. All I can think of right now is to go through game day threads on this board and websites like SBNation, but I'm hoping there's a more efficient option.

Thanks for any help!

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
First, welcome to the board!

For this time period in particular, I'm sure that there's something more accurate than this, but Strat-o-Matic develops their lineups (supposedly) based upon most common lines (post trade deadline where appropriate). A friend of mine has them collected here:

http://www.strat-hockey.net/

(under "Rosters").

Like I said, I'm sure that someone will chime in with a game-by-game log or something like that.

uwresearcher

Aug 7, 2014
First, welcome to the board!

For this time period in particular, I'm sure that there's something more accurate than this, but Strat-o-Matic develops their lineups (supposedly) based upon most common lines (post trade deadline where appropriate). A friend of mine has them collected here:

http://www.strat-hockey.net/

(under "Rosters").

Like I said, I'm sure that someone will chime in with a game-by-game log or something like that.

Thanks! The idea here is to get a sense of how much exposure a player has had to the star over the season, so this is very helpful. A game-by-game account would be better, of course (or something like what is collected at leftwinglock.com). So if anyone has leads there, I'm all ears. But this is a nice start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad