Past players that fell on draft day

Walrus*

Who are some past players that fell on draft day as Cherepanov and Esposito did? I'm just curious to see how they turned out. I seem to recall that Shremp was taken later than expected, but I'm more interested in picks from longer ago so we can get a better read on how they ended up.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Josh Holden
Dan Cleary
Petr Sykora
Jeff Friesen
Marek Schwarz
Brooks Orpik
Rob Schremp

... are the guys in the last 10-12 years who were consensus top 5-8 picks and had the same reaction on draft day to their ~10 pick falls as Esposito and Cherepanov today.

Mixed bag - some turned out well, others were spot on for the reasons they fell.

Hudler, Colagiacomo, and Latendresse were three 'mid-first rounders' who fell well past the first round - 2 turned out well, one horribly.

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
Josh Holden
Dan Cleary
Petr Sykora
Jeff Friesen
Marek Schwarz
Brooks Orpik
Rob Schremp

Keep in mind of the people on that list Sykora dropped because he had a broken leg and Holden busted in part because a skate blade cut through the tendons in his arm making his wicked wristshot not so wicked.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm not sure if Kopitar qualifies, but he was considered a top 5/6 pick, and he fell to 11th.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Josh Holden
Dan Cleary
Petr Sykora
Jeff Friesen
Marek Schwarz
Brooks Orpik
Rob Schremp

... are the guys in the last 10-12 years who were consensus top 5-8 picks and had the same reaction on draft day to their ~10 pick falls as Esposito and Cherepanov today.

Mixed bag - some turned out well, others were spot on for the reasons they fell.

Hudler, Colagiacomo, and Latendresse were three 'mid-first rounders' who fell well past the first round - 2 turned out well, one horribly.

At the risk of seriously dating myself, Colagiacomo is going to be the best playmaking winger ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->