Pascal Dupuis

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Except for the fact that Dupuis was healthy to start the season and was never put with Kunitz and Crosby. KCH was our top line when Dupuis was healthy. But who needs facts anyway?

If Dupuis were to magically become healthy and return to his old level (11-12 or 12-13 level) for the playoffs, I'd want to run with:

Perron-Crosby-Dupuis
Comeau-Malkin-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Sutter-Bennett
Spaling-Lapierre-Downie

I could be wrong, but I thought they went back to KCD for a while after Malkin went back to center and the Dupuis-Malkin experiment predictably failed.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Except for the fact that Dupuis was healthy to start the season and was never put with Kunitz and Crosby. KCH was our top line when Dupuis was healthy. But who needs facts anyway?

If Dupuis were to magically become healthy and return to his old level (11-12 or 12-13 level) for the playoffs, I'd want to run with:

Perron-Crosby-Dupuis
Comeau-Malkin-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Sutter-Bennett
Spaling-Lapierre-Downie

Duper was back on the top line right before his illness. So yea, he would be there right now as well. Sid gets his way and his way is Kuni and Duper.

penguins2946*

Duper was back on the top line right before his illness. So yea, he would be there right now as well. Sid gets his way and his way is Kuni and Duper.

No it wasn't, stop making crap up. Crosby was Dupuis's 10th most common linemate (Dupuis-Crosby-Hornqvist was a line for a game or 2), and Kunitz wasn't even in Dupuis's top-10. The only line with Dupuis that happened with any regularity was Comeau-Malkin-Dupuis. KCD simply didn't exist this year.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
No it wasn't, stop making crap up. Crosby was Dupuis's 10th most common linemate (Dupuis-Crosby-Hornqvist was a line for a game or 2), and Kunitz wasn't even in Dupuis's top-10. The only line with Dupuis that happened with any regularity was Comeau-Malkin-Dupuis. KCD simply didn't exist this year.

Are you sure on that? As for being the 10th most common linemate, I'm not sure on this, but it may have something to do with him being out of the lineup with a blood clot.

penguins2946*

Are you sure on that? As for being the 10th most common linemate, I'm not sure on this, but it may have something to do with him being out of the lineup with a blood clot.

No, Crosby was Dupuis's 10th most common linemate, not the other way around. Above Crosby for forwards were Comeau, Malkin and Sutter. Crosby and Dupuis were together for 19.7% of his time (roughly 40 ES minutes), which was about 3 games for Dupuis. The line in those 3 games was Dupuis-Crosby-Hornqvist, that was the top line that was made when Kunitz got demoted.

Edit: KCD was together for the November 14th game against the Leafs (where Dupuis had 2 goals) and November 15th game against the Rangers, and then Dupuis went down with the blood clot. So I stand corrected there. Still, playing together for 2 games is hardly enough evidence to say that Dupuis would be up on the top line with Kunitz and Crosby if he were healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I've been here for over a year and a half and have 18000 posts. I'm not new here. I'm just not expecting the management to make every wrong decision like most of this board expects.

Really??? We are playing our best wing on his offwing to make room for a guy who's play is spotty at best. If Duper were healthy, KCD would be alive and well.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
No, Crosby was Dupuis's 10th most common linemate, not the other way around. Above Crosby for forwards were Comeau, Malkin and Sutter. Crosby and Dupuis were together for 19.7% of his time (roughly 40 ES minutes), which was about 3 games for Dupuis. The line in those 3 games was Dupuis-Crosby-Hornqvist, that was the top line that was made when Kunitz got demoted.

Edit: KCD was together for the November 14th game against the Leafs (where Dupuis had 2 goals) and November 15th game against the Rangers, and then Dupuis went down with the blood clot. So I stand corrected there. Still, playing together for 2 games is hardly enough evidence to say that Dupuis would be up on the top line with Kunitz and Crosby if he were healthy.

So I was right. I thought they played together, you vehemently denied it and then were wrong. I like you VM, but you need to stop acting like the authority on everything unless you actually KNOW for sure what you are talking about. That will prevent you from flip flopping on things at times.

penguins2946*

Really??? We are playing our best wing on his offwing to make room for a guy who's play is spotty at best. If Duper were healthy, KCD would be alive and well.

Just repeating it doesn't make it any more true. KCD wouldn't be a thing if Dupuis were healthy. They would have been together for more than 2 games had MJ had any intention on keeping them together.

So I was right. I thought they played together, you vehemently denied it and then were wrong. I like you VM, but you need to stop acting like the authority on everything unless you actually KNOW for sure what you are talking about. That will prevent you from flip flopping on things at times.

Sorry, I thought the top line was DCH (which it was for a little) and not KCD. They were together for 1 and 2 games respectively. That's basically nothing, and it's not at all evidence that MJ would still have them together.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Just repeating it doesn't make it any more true. KCD wouldn't be a thing if Dupuis were healthy. They would have been together for more than 2 games had MJ had any intention on keeping them together.

Sorry, I thought the top line was DCH (which it was for a little) and not KCD. They were together for 1 and 2 games respectively. That's basically nothing, and it's not at all evidence that MJ would still have them together.

That's cool. I didn't mean to make a big deal out of it. In terms of what would hypothetically happen if Duper were healthy, I'm not 100% sure. If Perron weren't here, I do think KCD would happen if Duper was in good enough shape to handle the minutes. Given that Perron is here, I think you would see Duper either on L3 in place of Spaling or Bennett, or on L4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad