CFHF Fantasy League Part XXXIV - 2020 Off-season (Main Draft: July 28)

Who should win the H. Jay Feaster Award as GMOTY?

• Johnny Hoxville (GoodFellas)

• DatsyukToZetterberg (North Kariya)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
giphy.gif

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Wake up, fantasy people! @Flames Fanatic @Black Box @TooGoodreau @tfong @Johnny Hoxville @GoTkachukYourself @I Pity The Foo @King In The North @Fleury14 @TheHudlinator @Tkachuky @Unlimited Chequing @Yung Rotini @GAMO1992 @Janks @ChroniclesOfRittich @InfinityIggy @DatsyukToZetterberg @Kanye

Though this year is different in many ways, we're going to try to keep as many things the same as possible. Our main draft typically takes place on the first day of free agency, and for this year that means that we will begin the draft on October 9th, which is next Friday!

This year, UC has created a new and improved Available Players List where you can find not just the available players, but also all of their fantasy-relevant stats all in one place. Big thanks to UC.

Our 2021 Draft Board had already been made and used in the Prospect Draft way back when. I recommend bookmarking each of these two pages.

There have been some questions asked in the past few weeks about what the league will do in response to a cancelled 2020-2021 NHL season. I have been thinking about this. If this occurs, we will have drafted players for nothing, and we can't assume that all of the players drafted will have the same value going into the following season. This presents a problem, as simply rolling into the next off-season as normal would significantly penalize teams that invested assets into this 2020 Main Draft, only to cut loose those players without ever benefitting from them.

My proposed solution to handle this would be to push all future main draft picks back by one year, and then have an extended keeper allowance for the 2021-22 season to allow teams to keep more of the players they drafted in the 2020 Main Draft. This would then mean a shortened 2021 Main Draft created from scratch with no traded picks. I tell you this not because it's a finalized decision, but just to make sure that everyone is aware of the kinds of things that would be factored into a plan if the cancellation of the season does end up happening. Hopefully this helps you plan and makes everyone feel protected going into this draft. There should be no feeling that you should tank this draft in case the season in cancelled. The bottom line is that our goal will be to make sure that your the strength of your drafting is reflected in the next fantasy season, whenever that happens to be.

Could I get everyone to smash that like button to indicate that they are aware of the upcoming draft?

Last edited:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
In the available players list why is kakko there lol

Yeah, you'll need to double check before drafting, I noticed a few prospects: Kakko, Gurianov, Comtois, couple others.

Great list though, thanks for the effort UC.

Thanks for the info guys. If you see any discrepancies, please let us know. I was going with Anglesmith's Prospect List when I was generating the spreadsheet and if there were any spelling differences between it and Yahoo, I would have missed it. For example "Kaapo Kakko" vs "Kakko Kappo".

Reactions: WeegarUnderwood

I Pity The Foo

Jan 11, 2012
Victoria BC
Thanks for the info guys. If you see any discrepancies, please let us know. I was going with Anglesmith's Prospect List when I was generating the spreadsheet and if there were any spelling differences between it and Yahoo, I would have missed it. For example "Kaapo Kakko" vs "Kakko Kappo".
its all good thx you for your time doing the list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad