Part XVIII: Phoenix -- Imminence Front

Status
Not open for further replies.

OthmarAmmann

Omnishambles
Jul 7, 2010
NYC
cbcwpg said:
Rule of thumb is to take anything posted on AZCentral with a grain of salt. It is a wide open forum where anybody can say anything.

and yet many posters choose to say drivel.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
Sisyphus had it easy ...

sisyphus-sign.jpg

05-05-2009 Balsillie puts in $212.5 mil offer for the Coyotes
05-07-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix part II
05-18-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix part III
05-22-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix part IV
06-03-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix part V
06-09-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix Part VI
06-12-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix Part VII: I'm just waitin' on a judge
06-16-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix Part VIII: It's dead, Jim
06-24-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix Part IX: 'Dorf on Hockey
07-25-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part X: The Truth? You Can't Handle The Truth!
08-03-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XI: A Fistful of Dollars?
08-07-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XII: For a Few Dollars More
08-12-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XIII: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
08-21-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XIV: The Wrath of Baum
08-27-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XV - SITREP: SNAFU
09-02-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XVI: Barbarian at the Gate
09-08-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XVII: Wake Me Up When September Ends
09-10-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XVIII: Is that a pale horse in the distance?
09-12-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy Part XIX: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Baum
09-21-2009 Phoenix Bankruptcy Part XX: There Will Be Baum
09-28-2009 Phoenix Bankruptcy Part XXI: 2009 -- A Sports Odyssey
10-26-2009 Phoenix Bankruptcy Part XXII: Long and winding road

11-24-2009 Keeping up with potential owners for NHL Phoenix Coyotes (UPD: Ice Edge signs LOI)
03-14-2010 Part II. Potential owners of NHL's Phoenix Coyotes
03-26-2010 Part III. Prospective Owners - Phoenix Coyotes (UPD Lease vote 4/13; IEH signs MOU)
04-10-2010 Part IV Phoenix Coyotes post bankrtuptcy; UPD COG approves Reinsdorf MOU, not IEH MOU
05-02-2010 Part V Phoenix Coyotes post bankruptcy UPD Reinsdorf out? IEH back in? else Winnipeg?
05-11-2010 Part VI Phoenix Coyotes post bankruptcy
05-23-2010 Part VII Phoenix Coyotes post bankrtuptcy
06-07-2010 Part VIII: Phoenix Coyotes Post-bankrtuptcy
06-22-2010 Part IX: Phoenix Coyotes Post-bankruptcy UPD: Pres Moss fired 6/30 with IEH input
07-26-2010 Part X: Phoenix Coyotes - Between Scylla and Charybdis
08-27-2010 Part XI: Phoenix Coyotes -- Greetings, Starfighter, You have been selected ...
09-16-2010 Part XII: Phx Coyotes - Still haven't found what I'm looking for
10-12-2010 Part XIII: Phoenix Coyotes - The Final Cut?
10-27-2010 Part XIV: Phoenix Coyotes - To Infinity And Beyond....
12-05-2010 Part XV: Phoenix - the battle of evermore
12-14-2010 Part XVI: Phoenix -- Money for Nothing
12-20-2010 Part XVII: Phoenix -- Thread Title Available For Lease
01-09-2011 Part XVIII: Phoenix -- Imminence Front

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Although not directly related, I just watched the clip of Shannon discussing the rumor of the Thrashers moving to Winnipeg

He said that there has been a lot of talk about it since the BOG meeting in December. I guess that means that the BOG supports Hulsizer's bid and believes it will not encounter any problems.

Otherwise why risk losing your safety net (Winnipeg)?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Although not directly related, I just watched the clip of Shannon discussing the rumor of the Thrashers moving to Winnipeg

He said that there has been a lot of talk about it since the BOG meeting in December. I guess that means that the BOG supports Hulsizer's bid and believes it will not encounter any problems.

Otherwise why risk losing your safety net (Winnipeg)?

Smoke and Mirrors....

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Whileee wrote:
"As I understand it, the CFD revenues don't come to the City of Glendale, so any additional CFD revenue would be in addition to the $197 million for Hulsizer, I suppose. Let's hope Hulsizer doesn't catch wind of this option."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

AIUI the CFD was created only with language that it encompassed city-owned land around the arena. Proceeds the district could generate were not earmarked to any outside entity in the motion to create.

One could argue it was implied as the CFD was created after the City signed its MOU with Reinsdorf, but without specific language in the motion I don't think that argument holds up. And there is nothing about a CFD in the Hulsizer deal. But the CFD was approved by the Council, and I see no reason the City cannot go forward with it now or in the future.

If pressed about what those "future" revenue streams the city could create or have access to, the CFD is certainly one that could be named.

***********************************************************************************************************​

Fugu wrote:

"Don't forget the arena management fee. I think I could figure out how to manage an arena if that much money was involved. I think Hulsizer and I would have the same amount of experience managing arenas at the outset as well."

I essentially responded Hulsizer, Fugu or I would have no intention of running the arena, so who cares what experience any of us had? To which...

Fugu wrote:

"You think if someone offered me $97m over 6 yrs to manage an arena I'd say no? I have as much experience as Hulsizer in arena mgt, so I too would hire some people to do it for me. Only I'd do it in a much more fiscally responsible fashion so that the real cost of managing an arena would be far less than the sum given to me.

"Oh gee..... ya think managing an arena could be subcontracted and done for far less than $100m for six years?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

So not sure why our esteemed moderator even responded as we seem to be in total agreement. Unless it was a desire to have the last word. :D

Moving on.

Fugu

So not sure why our esteemed moderator even responded as we seem to be in total agreement. Unless it was a desire to have the last word. :D

Moving on.

Just emphasizing the point. If I had to compete for the business, I'd have to show a bit more, and get a lot less. :laugh:

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Just emphasizing the point. If I had to compete for the business, I'd have to show a bit more, and get a lot less. :laugh:

Nonsense! You'd be as ruthless as me or any other businessperson seeking a deal like this: sell high (current costs to run the arena + all you'd need to spend to drive new arena business), knowing that because of your incredible business acumen you'd be able to control costs while maximizing revenues, and either pocketing the difference or investing in Brad Richards or Alex Semin. :D

Last edited:

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
I don't think this will change anything but now there appears to be 3 of 7 COG council members against this agreement.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/2010/12/21/20101221glendale-norma-alvarez.html

Political maneuvering. It is easy to say you will vote against when you know it will pass. You can then go "I knew it was a bad idea which is why I voted against it" but did they argue against it and try to sway other council members.

And bullseyes have been put on many things for many many years by EVERYONE for one reason or another yet there has not been a plethora of shooting of those people. So let's keep the political crap associated with a maniac away from this thread. Change the avatar back. It doesn't mean squat.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I don't think this will change anything but now there appears to be 3 of 7 COG council members against this agreement.

There be no turning back now Coach. Whistles been blown, over the top, deep into No Mans Land. And even if you could turn back the clock to last months vote in approving the dough & Alvarez was around, Scruggs controls the majority.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
anyone know how the bonds are doing?

I havn't heard a thing about anything being reported about the bonds with accurate sources. You would think that they would be coming to market very soon. Hopefully someone can post the news when it comes out. Surely that will mark an end to this situation.

crazycanuck900

Dec 11, 2010
Gods country
I havn't heard a thing about anything being reported about the bonds with accurate sources. You would think that they would be coming to market very soon. Hopefully someone can post the news when it comes out. Surely that will mark an end to this situation.

Hi hope the NHL makes a decision soon on how long there willing to wait..... because we waiting for a team here in the peg either way!

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

Fugu

MOD NOTE: The only politics we're interested in in this thread are Glendale's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad