News Article: "Part of the Pack" Rink Partnership

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=869030&navid=DL|ARI|home

Through the agreement, the Arizona Coyotes will provide the Valley rinks with the following:

• Co-branded rink advertising

• House and developmental amateur league jerseys

• Coyotes “AZ†shoulder patches for travel teams

• Arizona Coyotes player visits to each rink (4 visits have already taken place this season)

• Sponsorship of Mite Jamboree tournaments

• Sponsorship of the new Little Howler Learn to Play program

• Local rink clinic hosting

• Rink promotion videos, social media recognition, dedicated web site content and more

In support of these partnerships and their continued efforts to grow the game, the Coyotes will launch a landing page dedicated to hockey development at ArizonaCoyotes.com/amateurhockey.

diceone

Aug 14, 2006
tempe
This is great news!

My 2.5 year old son is starting the 16 week program at AZ Ice Gilbert next week. We got him all of his gear and he's SUPER excited.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Sure does sound like a team getting ready to leave the state, don't it??? :)

There has been signs that the ownership really do care about this market and want to be here. If they were cashing out, why do they do the jersey swap program, why support youth hockey (they just gave Doan $100k for youth hockey development in AZ), why do several of the owners have houses here including one recently purchased?

The thing that scared many of us and provided the biggest evidence to the BOF crowd was the 5 year exit clause and later 2 year deal. Hopefully soon a long term deal will be signed and all the speculation will finally disappear.

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ
Man, our owners are so terrible.. working on 3 separate and very serious new arena deals in a sustainable part of the valley, enhancing the gameday experience, marketing, local hockey movement, jersey swap's for kids.

TERRIBLE, Fire them all!!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Man, our owners are so terrible.. working on 3 separate and very serious new arena deals in a sustainable part of the valley, enhancing the gameday experience, marketing, local hockey movement, jersey swap's for kids.

I know this is sarcasm, but I bet someone will agree that they are bad and should be fired.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I know this is sarcasm, but I bet someone will agree that they are bad and should be fired.

First of all, we can't fire the owners. :sarcasm:

Second of all, people can do good things like this rink partnership and the "Raising Coyotes" program and still be sketchy as all hell in terms of their finances.

I like these initiatives. I still have many questions about IceArizona and I don't trust Anthony Leblanc whatsoever.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
First of all, we can't fire the owners. :sarcasm:

Second of all, people can do good things like this rink partnership and the "Raising Coyotes" program and still be sketchy as all hell in terms of their finances.

I like these initiatives. I still have many questions about IceArizona and I don't trust Anthony Leblanc whatsoever.

I didn't say we could.:) You have a right to your own opinion, just like everyone else.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

These initiatives are dirt cheap relative to owning a sports team. If our expectations weren't so low, these moves would be considered the bare minimum effort.

As for the arena, they can "work" on the proposals all they want. They still need to bring something to the financing table. I remain skeptical.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
These initiatives are dirt cheap relative to owning a sports team. If our expectations weren't so low, these moves would be considered the bare minimum effort.

As for the arena, they can "work" on the proposals all they want. They still need to bring something to the financing table. I remain skeptical.

I hope you like crow.:) you will be eating it for a year, maybe two.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Interesting comment since you seemed to be selling a potential ASU/Coyotes partnership pretty hard over in BoH not too long ago. ;)

But in all honesty I don't blame anyone for being skeptical. I choose cautious optimism myself. :)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Interesting comment since you seemed to be selling a potential ASU/Coyotes partnership pretty hard over in BoH not too long ago. ;)

But in all honesty I don't blame anyone for being skeptical. I choose cautious optimism myself. :)

I have no real reason to doubt Kylo. I also haven't found a reason to trust Leblanc. It's a tossup.

I won't be worried about the future unless there's nothing announced by the draft.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I have no real reason to doubt Kylo. I also haven't found a reason to trust Leblanc. It's a tossup.

I won't be worried about the future unless there's nothing announced by the draft.

Agree with you there...

Anything coming out in the media right now is worthless at this point unless they say "we have entered into an agreement". And even then I'd want references.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

I don't like them, not one bit. Prior to their taking the reins you could get a large bucket of popcorn for the same price you now pay for a dinky as Canadian size cup of popcorn.
I would recommend they be fired for this infraction alone.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
It's a great idea...
I have no idea what these owners are doing but Im sure glad they SEEM to be still enthusiastic about this market despite all the signs that the hockey fans of the valley have let them down.
Ive seen it. Every game (except 3 ) over the last 4 years.
5000 empty seats at Doan bobblehead
6000 empty seats at Tips 1000th game.
STH's selling their tickets and chickening out of going to the Blackhawks game because of the fear of the big bad Blackhawk fan..(they were great)
The ownership still apparently believes in us, I don't know how or why, but they do and so does the marketing department.
They are GREAT folks and utterly committed.
So, it docent surprise me that they are full speed ahead and in two weeks when season tickets are being sold again, we'll see what thanks they get.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
It's a great idea...
I have no idea what these owners are doing but Im sure glad they SEEM to be still enthusiastic about this market despite all the signs that the hockey fans of the valley have let them down.
STH's selling their tickets and chickening out of going to the Blackhawks game because of the fear of the big bad Blackhawk fan..(they were great)
The ownership still apparently believes in us, I don't know how or why, but they do and so does the marketing department.
So, it docent surprise me that they are full speed ahead and in two weeks when season tickets are being sold again, we'll see what thanks they get.

They have made no tangible commitment to he valley. Fans have been ****ed with enough over the years to support a team that will have no building to play in in a year.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Even though I think they are committed if they don't announce plans for the season after the next one soon then I will probably not renew my half-season plan. Even if they stay in Glendale and make a multiyear agreement with no exit clause then I would be contented. I wouldn't be happy about paying for tickets for a lame duck season before they go to Vegas.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
So, buying the team wasn't a tangible commitment?

Buying the team was an incredible investment which has already doubled in value. They might be personally committed to the area, but when you don't have the funds to build a rink and you have nowhere to play, that personal commitment doesn't mean anything.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It's a great idea...

I agree with what you are saying, but the fans have been screwed over for so long, the team has to become a winner to gain support. The team is going in the right direction and if they can somehow get back to the playoffs starting next year the excitement for the team will increase and hopefully so will attendance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad