CFHF Fantasy League Part IX- Offseason Ahoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

CFHF-Banner.png

Commissioner- TherapyforGlencross
Co-Commissioner- Anglesmith

Wiki- http://cfhffantasyleague.wikia.com/wiki/CFHFFantasyLeague_Wiki

[fieldset=""]
General Managers

MacDonald Division
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=""]
League Rules- General Settings

* Managers will have 25 players on their roster; 4 Left Wingers, 4 Centers, 4 Right Wingers, 6 defensemen, and 2 goaltenders. You will also have three bench spots and two IR spots. You may have a third goaltender, but one will be placed on your bench.

* We will be using Yahoo! Fantasy

* The stats we useg are: Goals, Assists, Total Points, Powerplay Points, +/-, Face-off Wins, Hits, Blocks, and Game-Winning Goals. For Goalie stats we will use: Wins, Losses, GAA, Sv%, and Shutouts.

* There is no salary cap.

* H2H scoring

* The league conducts a draft lottery which includes all non-playoff teams. We use a ball system in which all non-playoff teams get a certain amount of balls based on the regular season standings.

#1. 12 Balls
#2. 8 Balls
#3. 7 Balls
#4. 6 Balls
#5. 4 Balls
#6. 3 Balls
#7. 2 Balls
#8. 2 Balls
#9. 1 Ball
#10. 1 Ball

* The winner of the lottery will be placed first overall in the prospect and regular draft for the first round only. After the first round, it reverts back to the regular order.[/fieldset]

[fieldset=""]
League Rules- Trading

* There will be a one full day processing period for all trades.

* In order for a trade to go through, you must confirm the trade in the Calgary Flames fantasy hockey thread.

* The Commissioner and Co-Commissioner can only veto trades, if the trade seems unfair.

* Only players, draft picks, and prospects can be traded.

* If you trade a draft pick(s), the same amount of draft picks have to come back.

* If you are to trade a conditional draft pick, please state that when confirming the trade.

* A trade will not go through if the involved assets are not owned by one or both teams.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=""]
League Rules- Free Agency and Waivers

* There will be a full two day processing period for all free agency pickups.

* There will be a full two day processing period for all waiver pickups.

* You may pick up any player in the free agency pool that was not picked in the draft. Although, if a prospect is in the free agent pool and is owned by another team, you may not pick them up.

* Like the NHL, the worst team gets the first option, then will be moved to last after they have picked someone up on waivers.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=""]
League Rules- Prospects and Keepers

* Every offseason we will be conducting a three-round prospect draft. You may only pick a prospect from the current draft (ex: 2014 eligibles only). Once you draft a prospect, they will head go down to your prospect pool, where they will stay until you bring them up to your roster or until they play 100 games in the NHL. If you do not bring up a prospect after they have played 100 games in the NHL, they are considered free agents and any team can pick them up in the Free Agency Pool.

* HOWEVER, if a prospect has played an NHL game in the 2012-2013 season or before, he is your "property" until he has played 50 NHL games.

* You can pick up to 9 keepers every season; the winner gets to select 10.

* Prospects are "property", so you will not have to use a keeper spot; they will roll over onto the next season.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=""]
Miscellaneous

* In order for the league to implement a new rule, a league-wide vote has to happen. There needs to be a 2/3's majority for the rule and no more than five people against it.

* The same principle applies if there is interest in discontinuing a rule.

* You may only change your team name officially between the end of the playoffs and the beginning of the prospect draft.

* The CFHF Fantasy Hockey League has a 'GM of the Year' Award. Everyone chooses their top five managers who they feel should win the award based on trading skills, successfulness, and other things. The top three most popular managers wil then go into another vote; the managers who receives the most votes from that poll wins the award. You may not vote for yourself.
[/fieldset]

Past Winners
Year | Team | Regular Season Record | Points | Finalist
2012-2013 | Black Knights | 79-41-20 | 178 | Hamilton Slackberry

General Manager of the Year Award:
Year | Team | Votes | Finalists
2013-2014 | MVW | Eight | 2. Flaming Horseheads 3. Flaming Wings

Last edited:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Well boys, we made it to part ten!!!

In three years of me running this, I've had such a blast! Couldn't have done it without you guys!

KiwiFlamesFan

Aug 11, 2006
New Zealand
Well boys, we made it to part ten!!!

In three years of me running this, I've had such a blast! Couldn't have done it without you guys!

I must say, I didn't think I'd last this long but it's such a great league and bunch of guys that I can't see myself leaving now.

Can you post the key dates again please man?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
yeah if we can only draft current year prospects, unless they are top picks, I view them pretty much worthless.

but hey, I'm only a division champ two years in a row. I could be wrong. :sarcasm:

The league is still pretty new. Prospects will become more valuable once the prospects from last draft start to enter the league.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
TFG, would you mind going through and updating the team names in the OP? The front page of the wiki has the updated names, as do the other two resources you posted.

Available players for the main draft will be posted as soon as the keeper deadline has passed.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I'm for expansion the season after this one to 20 people. Everyone loses 1 or 2 keeper picks, some tough decisions to be made.

Edit: only if everyone else is alright with it.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
yeah I see the argument, but unless your strike gold you'll have to wait 2-3 years until they make an impact

Guess it's good to stock up early?

For the most part it's a crapshoot, but obviously they play a key role in the season. Practically a free keeper to use for 2 seasons.

I'll continue to hoard prospects/picks because they will make an impact eventually.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I must say, I didn't think I'd last this long but it's such a great league and bunch of guys that I can't see myself leaving now.

Can you post the key dates again please man?

Sure thing!

Keepers due tomorrow
May 1st: Prospect Draft
July 1st: Regular Draft

TFG, would you mind going through and updating the team names in the OP? The front page of the wiki has the updated names, as do the other two resources you posted.

Available players for the main draft will be posted as soon as the keeper deadline has passed.

sure thing! I'll update it later tonight.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If you get a draft like last year, and you pick up a guy like Mantha in the 20's, I'd say that's a pretty valuable pick. This year, we'll probably see a fair drop off in top guys after 12? Of course you'll get your surprises like Hertl with a later pick here and there. I personally value prospects 1-2 years in their development a lot, on average a prospect pick won't pay you any dividends for 2-4 years unless it's a top pick. What I like about it though is the dynamic it adds to the league. If your in it for the long term, it allows you to grow your own talent and see your boys develop, so that's a lot of fun for me.

I love this league, I don't plan on going any where. I'll retire once I 3-peat as the playoff Champ (which ain't happening lol).

Savoie92

Jul 5, 2012
Regina
just a thought, could every team drop everyone from their team except their keepers tomorrow after the keepers are locked in? this makes that all the player that arent keepers are in the yahoo Free Agency making it easier to prepare for the draft

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Minor deal:

Wheeling Dusters:
2014 15th round MD

Off The Post AINEC:
Daniel Sedin
2014 17 round MD

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Minor deal:

Wheeling Dusters:
2014 15th round MD

Off The Post AINEC:
Daniel Sedin
2014 17 round MD

Confirmed.

And with that, I'm gonna take Cammy off my keepers list once the powers-that-be give their blessings on this transaction if anyone wants a last minute deal before the deadline.

Last edited:

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
@BobMckenzie
Bob McKenzie (1) from GM nogger: Spent alot of time interviewing top prospects Ekblad, Bennett, Dal Colle and Ehlers. Says WD needs more talent up front.

@BobMckenzie
Bob Mckenzie (2) but would still pick BPA. #draft

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Confirmed.

And with that, I'm gonna take Cammy off my keepers list once the powers-that-be give their blessings on this transaction if anyone wants a last minute deal before the deadline.

That 'minor' deal could be a huge addition for you. I can't stand the twins but I think they'll both be hungry and rebound next year. Great deadline deal!

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Newb question: are we still able to do transactions after the keeper deadline as long as the teams still have 9 keepers? eg: keeper for keeper, keeper for keeper plus picks/prospects, etc? Or is the keeper deadline also a trade deadline?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Newb question: are we still able to do transactions after the keeper deadline as long as the teams still have 9 keepers? eg: keeper for keeper, keeper for keeper plus picks/prospects, etc? Or is the keeper deadline also a trade deadline?

Yes, the only difference is after the keeper deadline, each roster only has 9 players to put in play.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Last minute deals trickling in.

Ovechkin Persei 8 trades:
2014 11th round MD (Intangibles pick)
Milan Michalek

Off The Post AINEC trades:
Mike Cammalleri

Status
Not open for further replies.