Prospect Info: Part 3: Oskar Lindblom -- round 5 #138 overall 2014 NHL Draft

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He had a top 9 role his first 11 games this season & had 2 points. To hear you tell it, he’s been automatic whenever he gets top 9 minutes. Not true last season. Not true in the playoffs. Not true for the first 11 games this season. I’m pulling for him, btw. Just saying it hasn’t only been about opportunity.

:damnpc:

lol...you have become pathetic.

:laugh:

Reactions: ajw12

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It's almost like if your team consistently has the puck more than the other team when you're on the ice, you start to outscore the other team, and you pick up some points along the way.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
34 GP. 4 goals. 4 assists. 13:59 TOI. Can’t blame that lack of production on opportunity.

And 0 goals & 1 assist over a 23 game span isn’t excusable because of usage. He still averaged 9:54. Even Jody Hull topped that.

Every point Lindblom has scored recently must have been agony for you. :laugh: I’m sure Jtown can help you with ways of coping with unwanted scoring. God knows how hard the last two years have been on him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
A little self-selection bias there, Appleyard.
Player plays well, TOI goes up, ppg is higher.
Player struggles, TOI goes down . . .

Though I think Lindblom can be a 40+ ES player if he gets better at finishing, he does a great job of getting the puck, passing it to a more skilled player and going to the net, but he flubs too many scoring chances right now. That should improve with experience.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

That's isn't what happened though, lol.

He was playing well, but then Hak out of the blue demoted him in favor of Dale freaking Weise for no discernible reason. Immediately his production tanked.

Gordon puts him with actual talent, and bam, suddenly he starts producing again.

I know you can't wrap your head around this, but coaches make idiotic decisions all of the freaking time.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

That's isn't what happened though, lol.

He was playing well, but then Hak out of the blue demoted him in favor of Dale freaking Weise for no discernible reason. Immediately his production tanked.

Gordon puts him with actual talent, and bam, suddenly he starts producing again.

I know you can't wrap your head around this, but coaches make idiotic decisions all of the freaking time.

Reactions: Philly Phish

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
TOI absolutely does NOT go down if a player struggles.

See: Hagg, MacDonald

It doesnt even support their logic in other arguments... Because Ghost is supposedly playing very badly, yet somehow his TOI went up by 10 minutes in the Tampa game (just no. 1 team in the league though...) compared to the Detroit game. I am very surprised by this inconsistency

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It doesnt even support their logic in other arguments... Because Ghost is supposedly playing very badly, yet somehow his TOI went up by 10 minutes in the Tampa game (just no. 1 team in the league though...) compared to the Detroit game. I am very surprised by this inconsistency
Hold on... you mean a false statement was intentionally made?

d0602a4ad19bfcf8fcb1327926987706.jpg

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Anyone who watches the Flyers objectively knows that Lindblom can hockey. He'll probably settle in as a real nice 3rd line winger who can move up when needed and not look out of place for a few games.

Dudes a keeper or, if he doesn't progress further, will be a real solid place holder until a younger cheaper guy replaces him.

Lindblom can do things away from the puck. He is solid in all 3 zones. I think he is perfect in the role he is in now.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lindblom's only limitation is well, in the open ice he's just not that fast.
Pair him with Patrick or Frost and no one will ever notice!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lindblom isn't Raffl, to me he's more like a JVR who can play defense and will go get the puck, not just wait in the slot for a pass. Now if he can just develop JVR's hands . . .

Reactions: Fragmuffin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lindblom got demoted both because they wanted to get JVR with a better center (they were spending a lot of money on him) but also because he had a cold spell where he was trying to do too much, you see that with young players all the time, TK especially, they start pressing and get out of their game. Veterans get more patience b/c they've shown in the past they can get themselves out of a funk (or they wouldn't be veterans, they'd be in the AHL).

One advantage on the 4th line is you're there to forecheck, there's no pressure to score, so it lets a young player "just play" and stop overthinking.

With Lindblom, we're seeing the game slow down for him, he's no longer trying to score too quickly and blowing scoring chances - and that's where advanced metrics come in - they're basically predictive metrics, so when someone like Couts or Lindblom has great advanced metrics, the scoring usually comes at some point, When someone like Weal has good advanced metrics, but the scoring never comes, well sometimes the numbers lie. :naughty: Actually, what you're probably seeing is the player is setting up opportunities but lacks the skills to close the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->