Prospect Info: (Part 2) Round 1, Pick 22, German Rubtsov, C, Russia U-19 (MHL)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Is he playing in the AHL? Hextall acted like a genius when he traded back and drafted him. Big disappointment so far. Know he had injuries but should be out playing Bunny by now

He's a bust at this point.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Is he playing in the AHL? Hextall acted like a genius when he traded back and drafted him. Big disappointment so far. Know he had injuries but should be out playing Bunny by now
Hextall got himself in trouble when he drafted for need. The Flyers needed a future top notch center and gambled on Rubtsov. Hextall also made terrible picks when he tried to add size to the prospect pool.

Reactions: Rebels57

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Rubtsov, Laberge, Allison... yikes.
Hextall looked like a genius at that 2016 draft and except for Rubtsov those picks appeared like good safe picks. Hindsight is always 20/20.
And he still got us Carter Hart and some bottom of the lineup fill-ins.. pretty good complementary pieces actually.

Reactions: renberg

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Hextall looked like a genius at that 2016 draft and except for Rubtsov those picks appeared like good safe picks. Hindsight is always 20/20.
And he still got us Carter Hart and some bottom of the lineup fill-ins.. pretty good complementary pieces actually.

I would still take Laberge and Allison in their respective positions looking back. You can't really predict injuries and both are looking like career busts because of it

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Rubstov was not a risk where we took him...he was one of the top players available. He was who I wanted at that point. He just never progressed which sucks. But at the time, it was thought that he "should" be a 3rd line 2-way C with the upside to be a 2nd line C.

Now it's looking like he is not even an NHLer.

Reactions: phil162888

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
I would still take Laberge and Allison in their respective positions looking back. You can't really predict injuries and both are looking like career busts because of it
Other than Hart the obvious play in that round was Debrincat, but at 5'7" with skating ability there was no chance in hell the Flyers were going to pick him. Its just not in our DNA to go quick and skilled. So Laberge was a good pick

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->