Part 2- 2015 Draft - or ALL prior draft discussion here

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
100% on board with giving both Seny and Zboril a look next season. That's why I included them in my line-up. These guys both have to go through waivers this year. Let's not add insult to injury and watch them on another team. Neither will likely be stars but both have bottom pairing potential.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
100% on board with giving both Seny and Zboril a look next season. That's why I included them in my line-up. These guys both have to go through waivers this year. Let's not add insult to injury and watch them on another team. Neither will likely be stars but both have bottom pairing potential.
No reason not to give them a shot.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
The problem with regard to Zboril playing in Boston next season is Chara returning (which appears to be the case) and Moore still with the team. Add to them Lauzon and Grzelcyk. Something will have to give on the left side. For me, it’s all the more reason to move on from Chara. What will likely happen, though, is that Moore will be dealt and Zboril will be the seventh defenseman.

Reactions: Gordoff

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com

Well I wish Senyshyn well battle Clifton and Lauzon on the right side :naughty:. But I do think Senyshyn did well in his first stint up with Boston.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Sweeney, Neely and the scouting staff wanted to be the smartest guys in the room, and instead both at the time and 5 years later, they were the dumbest people in the room.

I'd like to think that there were some B's scouts who wanted Barzal, Connor, or Chabot. Assuming they scouted Zboril heavily, they would've seen Chabot as they were teammates.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
I'd like to think that there were some B's scouts who wanted Barzal, Connor, or Chabot. Assuming they scouted Zboril heavily, they would've seen Chabot as they were teammates.
The team interviewed both Barzal and Connor, but I can't speak for Chabot. In fact, you can even see the team interviewing Connor in "Behind The B." Elliotte Friedman wrote the below about Barzal, and it has been heavily implied on here that the mystery team was the Bruins:

Barzal is a confident lad. There is a story about him that made me want to talk to him. It goes like this: During one of his draft interviews, a team asked him, “Why should we pick you?” Word is he answered something along the lines of, “Don’t, and we’ll see how it works out.” I think he was surprised that I knew it, because he laughed but didn’t say anything. He didn’t want to cause a problem.

Reactions: Gordoff

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Where would the Bruins have been in the cup final last year and this year with near PPG in regular season and playoffs Barzal? The most obvious pick at 13 and they somehow missed with f***ing 13-15. This franchise doesn't deserve a cup any time soon for the absurd incompetence displayed that draft day. Don't care how many times it has been said and no, I won't "get over it".

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It is scary that they saw them both at the same time and picked Zboril... SCARY!

Reactions: Lo97

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I keep saying getting carlo in the 2 nd round was pure brilliance by donny but he gets no credit for it. So many teams passed him some twice. Give the man a break.
You know what they say about blind squirrels?
Just joking, he knows defensemen better than forwards and he's done well in that regard but the rest of his picks.....woof!

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

I think there is more than a 50/50 chance
Senyshyn is a complete bust.

I know u can't go strictly by stats but he has 1 assist
in 12 AHL PO games. Even in Jr he didn't light it up
in the PO, better than AHL but not impressive. Most importantly to many guys have moved past him in the last two years. Kuhlman, Studnicka and Frederic for certain and its looking like Steen and Lauko will also.

Zboril, you can give him a year in Boston and see what he has. D always develop later.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Where would the Bruins have been in the cup final last year and this year with near PPG in regular season and playoffs Barzal? The most obvious pick at 13 and they somehow missed with f***ing 13-15. This franchise doesn't deserve a cup any time soon for the absurd incompetence displayed that draft day. Don't care how many times it has been said and no, I won't "get

i remember so clearly the french tv animator s who was in total hapiness and cant stop laughing at bruins choices 15 seconds after ...they were perfectly in right to do it because it was one the most idiotic choices in all times

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I think there is more than a 50/50 chance
Senyshyn is a complete bust.

I know u can't go strictly by stats but he has 1 assist
in 12 AHL PO games. Even in Jr he didn't light it up
in the PO, better than AHL but not impressive. Most importantly to many guys have moved past him in the last two years. Kuhlman, Studnicka and Frederic for certain and its looking like Steen and Lauko will also.

Zboril, you can give him a year in Boston and see what he has. D always develop later.

You maybe right, I'm not expecting to see a 1st liner but I am hoping he could maybe be an effective 4th liner. I give him a shot unless he shows really poorly in TC.

Same for Zboril see if he can handle a 3rd pairing roll, we could definitely use some snarl on D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad