Parks and Rec or The Office

Which series do your prefer?

• Total voters

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Has Rashida Jones ever commented on which show she prefered being in?

Obviously she played a much larger role in Parks and Rec but I wonder if her time on The Office was just as enjoyable (if not more so).

Can't think of anyone else who appeared on both shows.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I watched a few episodes of Parks and Rec but didn’t find anyone funny except Ron Swanson. Maybe it was a few weaker episodes though. The main girl especially wasn’t funny.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I only saw a few episodes of Parks and Rec but it wasn’t very funny for me. Nobody was good except Swanson for me.

The Office has like ten plus characters that get a good laugh out of me almost every episode.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I only saw a few episodes of Parks and Rec but it wasn’t very funny for me. Nobody was good except Swanson for me.

The Office has like ten plus characters that get a good laugh out of me almost every episode.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Andy/Bert Maclin + Ron Swanson hands down. I watched both shows and on the office the only character that i consistantly enjoyed watching throughout the series was Michael Scott.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
It's funny to see people loved one and didn't watch/enjoy the other. They were such similar shows in so many ways. The Office wins by a small margin for me. I need to go back and Parks & Rec start to finish again though, my originally viewing of it was somewhat broken up throughout the series.

The Office really paved the way P&R, and others, with the mockumentary style of sit-com. Lots of great comedies owe a lot to the Office, like Community, Brooklyn 9-9, 30 Rock, Modern Family. Arrested Development deserves some love in this style as well.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Loved both. Office definitely ahead for me, but I think Ron Swanson is one of my favourite characters ever.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA

Parks and Rec was meh and I never got into it everytime I tried

The Office was great from years 2-7. 1 and 8 were meh at times but it ended well

If the episodes you guys watched were from Season 1, then move on to Season 2 and keep going. Seasons 2-7 are miles ahead of Season 1, it's like a completely different show.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
When you decide on your choice, do you take into consideration that The Office has two versions? Would be interesting to see how they fare against each other. The original had some great characters as well.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
British office is not that good IMO and the humor is not as good. Its a lot of the difference between US comedy/UK comedy to be frank

Frankly think comparison fails here since it is too slanted for UK

How they came to conclusion Jim/Pam was loser is absurd

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
British office is not that good IMO and the humor is not as good. Its a lot of the difference between US comedy/UK comedy to be frank

Frankly think comparison fails here since it is too slanted for UK

How they came to conclusion Jim/Pam was loser is absurd

I completely disagree the British version isn't that good

David Brent is one of the best characters in television history

Reactions: Plural

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
The Office. And yes, I'll be one of those obnoxious guys and say it. The Office UK was better.

Sep 19, 2008
I started watching Parks and Rec on Netflix / Amazon Prime and I got to admit it's pretty damn good. Would like this more than The Office. The Office was a show I watched regularly but never found myself laughing as hysterically as I did for Parks and Rec. ron Swanson :laugh:

Sep 19, 2008
Ron Swanson:
“Hello, my name is Ron Swanson. In general I try never to speak with people, but I have been drinking this Snake Juice thing and it’s damn good. You should buy it.”
(nonchalantly)
Bar Patron:
“Yeah, Ok.”
“Thanks, man.”
Ron Swanson:
“Son, you should know my recommendation is essentially a guarantee. Drink this. NOW.”

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I'll give Parks & Rec the edge on re-watch.

When I saw them the first time, I would have said The Office on the strength of the first 4-5 seasons. But The Office has two problems. The first is inconsistency. The second is that this show is too cringey to watch and its jokes often don't land well once you know the punchline. That applies to me personally, I know some people re-watch Office as much as people who re-watch Friends.

Parks & Rec though probably had the more consistency amongst jokes and is a great show to rewatch, it loses out on originality but who cares about originality, they're just sitcoms.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

"Video Unavailable, The Uploader has not made this video available in country."

f*** YOU NBC!!!!

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

"Video Unavailable, The Uploader has not made this video available in country."

f*** YOU NBC!!!!

200.gif

Damn, maybe somebody else will upload it as well.

Reactions: NyQuil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad