Prospect Info: Parker Kelly (C)

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
When you are not good enough they call you - Great locker room guy, swiss knife type of a player, he's got a great character, he never dies, he is a team player, he walks the walk, he gives 100%, he will do anything for the coach, dependable in all three zones, physical player, he puts the team first, hardest working player and so on LOL

Most of these lines have been said about Brady...

Reactions: milkbag

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I'd love for him to prove me wrong, but I just don't see a long term fit for this guy on the big club. Who does he replace?

Anyway sounds like he put in the work and deserves tonight's debut at least.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
When you are not good enough they call you - Great locker room guy, swiss knife type of a player, he's got a great character, he never dies, he is a team player, he walks the walk, he gives 100%, he will do anything for the coach, dependable in all three zones, physical player, he puts the team first, hardest working player and so on LOL

Actually the opposite, those attributes is what got him to the show & if he keeps it up could keep him there. No team in the NHL has all goal scorers on their team, it's these kind of guys that help teams win, that help teams reduce their goals against & it's these type of guys that usually come up big in the playoffs & help teams win championships.

C. Brown started as a player like that & look at the season he had this yr, Paul is like that & again had a good yr, Formenton is like that & my guess is that Greig will be like that too. Every team would love to have tenacious forecheckers that run down pucks & create havoc in the other team's D-zone.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
The only concern about the guy is his size. Hopefully he's not another Max McCormick.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Actually the opposite, those attributes is what got him to the show & if he keeps it up could keep him there. No team in the NHL has all goal scorers on their team, it's these kind of guys that help teams win, that help teams reduce their goals against & it's these type of guys that usually come up big in the playoffs & help teams win championships.

C. Brown started as a player like that & look at the season he had this yr, Paul is like that & again had a good yr, Formenton is like that & my guess is that Greig will be like that too. Every team would love to have tenacious forecheckers that run down pucks & create havoc in the other team's D-zone.
Nothing against Kelly, but these two players aren’t in the same ballpark.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
This team is going to be such a pain in the ass to play against and I absolutely love it.

We might be short on skill but we'll make it up in speed, effort, and ass-hattery.

Reactions: aragorn

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
The only concern about the guy is his size. Hopefully he's not another Max McCormick.
Isn't he 6' 200 lbs? He is bigger than guys like Sean Avery and Darcy Tucker and about the same size as a guy like Steve Ott. He seems right in line with the typical size of superpests from the past. As long as he stays dedicated in the gym I think he should do just fine.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008

I feel like management deserves credit for going in this direction. Guys freaked out when we took tkachuk over zadina, traded for Norris, or chose Pinto over Kaliyev, and even White and Bowers were supposed to fit that same two-way mold to some extent.

It's their type of guy and they've been flooding the roster with them. We're a team of tenacious 2nd liners.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Nothing against Kelly, but these two players aren’t in the same ballpark.
One has been in the league for a number of yrs & the other one just played his first game, so yea, Kelly has a long way to go. But Kelly hustles all over the ice like C. Brown & will get his pts through hard work, steals & maybe on the PK which he seems destined to play.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Happy for him. Easy player to like.

All Kelly’s should wear #22, like a family number. Chris Kelly wore #22 to honour Van Allen. Parker Kelly should wear #22 to honour Chris Kelly.

although I do like his #45 it suits him. With #22 Parkerwill be channeling so much ju-ju and bottom 6 good will

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Isn't he 6' 200 lbs? He is bigger than guys like Sean Avery and Darcy Tucker and about the same size as a guy like Steve Ott. He seems right in line with the typical size of superpests from the past. As long as he stays dedicated in the gym I think he should do just fine.

Is he? He looks small out there. Also Avery/Tucker/Ott were more skilled than Kelly. I just want to pump some breaks on this guy as he's not that big nor skilled enough. I see him very similar to McCormick. But I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Is he? He looks small out there. Also Avery/Tucker/Ott were more skilled than Kelly. I just want to pump some breaks on this guy as he's not that big nor skilled enough. I see him very similar to McCormick. But I'll be happy to be proven wrong.
Definite doesn't look like a 200 lb guy. Maybe he came in at the start of the season at 200 but lost some over the course. Looks like a 180ish Turris body.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
The Boro of forwards.

Bust his butt but isn't all that skilled. Wish he was bigger so he could male more of a physical impact.

I'm good with him being our 4th line or 13th forward next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad