Parise/Zajack Vs. Carter/Richards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARKSIDE

Nov 17, 2003
Just thinking how the rivalry will continue to be fierce with these future centerpieces of both teams. Even a regular season game with the Flyers feels like a playoff game. These kids should keep it going and keep it interesting for the next several years. I would have said decade, but who knows what next CBA will bring. Anyway should be fun to compare these kids in a few years or compare them now.

Last edited:

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
Sammy said:
Ditto moi, & imo at this point in time, it aint that close.

Yeah no kidding, it's a landslide victory for the Flyers not a knock against the Devils prospects but Carter and Richards are right near the top when it comes to prospects.

bruins4777*

Jason MacIsaac said:
I would take Carter and Richards right now but its really close.
funny how jason is the only one saying its really close

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
The way I see it right now.... Carter > Parise. Richards >>> Zajac.

EDIT: Of course, this is not to say Parise and Zajac are garbage. They simply aren't AS GOOD as Carter and Richards.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Matt MacInnis said:
The way I see it right now.... Carter > Parise. Richards >>> Zajac.

EDIT: Of course, this is not to say Parise and Zajac are garbage. They simply aren't AS GOOD as Carter and Richards.
Or if you match them the way they should be:

Parise > Richards
Carter >>>>> Zajac

adurn

Dec 22, 2003
wtf does Vrana have to do with this argument? Can we throw in Ruzicka just for ***** and giggles?

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
I'd probably take Carter over both of them combinded...add in Richards too..
I am very high on Carter.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Jason MacIsaac said:
Or if you match them the way they should be:

Parise > Richards
Carter >>>>> Zajac

Why the hell would you match them like that?

Match the top guys from each team against each other. Carter and Parise.

By process of elimination that means it would be Richards and Zajac.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Matt MacInnis said:
Why the hell would you match them like that?

Match the top guys from each team against each other. Carter and Parise.

By process of elimination that means it would be Richards and Zajac.
You match the players based on the type of prospects they are. Carter and Zajac are very similar, big, strong fast centermen who are both good two ways. Parise and Richards are both smaller playmakers with grit and vision. Its only common sense. If comparing Phaneuf/Nystrom with Seabrook/Ruutu you don't say Phaneuf>Ruutu and Nystrom>Seabrook.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Jason MacIsaac said:
You match the players based on the type of prospects they are. Carter and Zajac are very similar, big, strong fast centermen who are both good two ways. Parise and Richards are both smaller playmakers with grit and vision. Its only common sense. If comparing Phaneuf/Nystrom with Seabrook/Ruutu you don't say Phaneuf>Ruutu and Nystrom>Seabrook.

All players involved play the same position.

I see no reason why not to compare the best from each team. Other than you may get depressed seeing your boys beaten in both match-ups.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Matt MacInnis said:
All players involved play the same position.

I see no reason why not to compare the best from each team. Other than you may get depressed seeing your boys beaten in both match-ups.
They get beat up in a comparison by who......hockey fans? I think Lou Lams has an idea or two how he expects the two Devils to develop and by past results they have a very good shot at being better players then the two philly prospects. A lot of teams can draft talented prospects but the key is knowing how to develop them. Lets see what the Philly boys do next year with older compitition before we proclaim them the best.

FlyersFan10*

Ok folks, I'm a Flyers fan and I'll say this. If you think that Carter and Richards are a cake walk over Parise and Zajac, you're clearly mistaken. It's a lot closer than what most people will think. Fact of the matter is that there are four extremely talented players that play four completely different styles of games.

Carter is an offensive player with the traits of a goal scorer. Not many centermen anymore are goal scorers, but this guy is. I'd love to see a centerman pop 40 to 45 a season and add 40 to 45 assists as well. I'll say that will be Carter's high end. He'll be a 90 to 100 point player if the NHL decides to open things up. Parise is a pure playmaker. His vision is excellent and he excels in that facet of the game. Richards is the heart and soul, the conscience of a team. I consider him the second coming of Doug Gilmour and at this past World Junior tournament, many GMs said the same thing about Richards. He's also got a very underrated offensive game. No reason he can't pot 70 to 75 a season if the game opens up. Zajac is also an offensive player, but he's got a well rounded defensive game as well. He's a bit unpolished right now, but playing in WCHA will do him and his development a world of good.

So, don't everyone start tooting the Flyers horn as of yet when it comes to Carter and Richards. They are very good, but Parise and Zajac are close.

zeker

Mar 29, 2005
I have to say that I think Carter is probably the most overrated prospect in the game.

I know everyone loves him and all, but when you look at the hard stats, his offensive numbers since being drafted simply do not project to first line numbers in the NHL. You can dismiss the numbers all you want - but it's a simple fact that his actual production since being drafted simply has not been where it was expected to be. His junior numbers of around 35gls/70pts were certainly impressive for a 17 year old yet to be drafted.....but the fact is those numbers have stayed at the same level as a 18 and 19 year old, and he has fallen behind the pack in terms of offensive production.

Personally, while I think they are similar prospects, I'd take Richards over Carter myself.

That being said, Parise and Zajac are nothing to go crazy about either, and I'd probably take the philly pair.

I think the chances of any of these players becoming legit first liners is probably pretty small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad