Parise vs. Dawes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Parise by a helluva lot of miles.

He's bigger than Dawes and he's got that edge, drive and intensity that sets him apart from other smaller players. One of the many reasons he was taken rounds ahead of Dawes.

Parise will become captain of the Devils one day, Dawes will be lucky if he sees any NHL time at all. Which is a shame because he's such a great guy.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
us88team said:
Who do you think will have a better career in the nhl? They are both very good hockey players. :banana:

Parise always had good season. Dawes stock rise with the last U-20 tournement but before that, he didn't do much. So, Parise will have a better career for sure. It's not even close!

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
us88team said:
Who do you think will have a better career in the nhl? They are both very good hockey players. :banana:

I'll go with Dawes. Have to like both players.

HockyStr99

Jun 17, 2004
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Parise always had good season. Dawes stock rise with the last U-20 tournement but before that, he didn't do much. So, Parise will have a better career for sure. It's not even close!

I see so 47 goals and 23 assists in just 56 games this year in the WHL, and 47 goals and 45 assists last year is nothing much

Johnny

Mar 11, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
HockyStr99 said:
I see so 47 goals and 23 assists in just 56 games this year in the WHL, and 47 goals and 45 assists last year is nothing much

Not to mention leading team Canada's under 18's in scoring at the 8 nation's in 02, finishing only second overall to Ovechkin in tournament scoring that year...Leading a Canadian team that won gold and was represented well with players like Horton, Perry, Pouliot, Stewart, Richards, etc..... And if my memory serves me correct he was named top forward of that 02 8 nations.. As well he had a respectable rookie year in the dub where he won a Memorial Cup with the Ice, and was a definite factor himself...To say Dawes did nothing much before the Juniors this year is flat out ignorant...The Juniors is where he finally started to get a little recognition as it's the largest stage for Junior hockey and rather difficult to be unable to take notice when someone steps up and produces, but it sure wasn't the first place he showed he could step up and produce.

Last edited:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Freaky Habs Fan said:

While Parise is the obvious choice here, your statement concerning Dawes that "before that, he didn't do much" is just flat out wrong. The issue is not what Dawes has done but what he'll be able to do in the NHL because of a lack of size. Dawes has accomplished a lot for a kid his age, but he's not close to the prospect Parise is.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
parise is definitely the better prospect and is also much more advanced at this point...but i think dawes' play at the WJC showed that the gap is smaller than anyone would have thought last summer (hard to judge if that was because he has improved that much or if he was underrated a bit)

as a ranger fan though, the fact that people can even compare dawes (a 5th round pick) to parise is simply awesome...forget being better than parise, if dawes ends up even being comparable i'll be absolutely thrilled cause parise is gonna be a heck of a player

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Freaky Habs Fan said:

yes dawes in his 17 year old season in the WHL scoring only 47 goals and getting 45 assists was not much to be sure....also scoring 47 goals in his 18 year old season in only 56 games was pretty much nothing as well if only there were more players at the nhl level who showed so little :eek:

15+17=Cup

Jul 14, 2004
Parise by 8 country miles.

Dawes is a good player and I think he has potential to be a second-line player (best-case scenario) in the NHL, but Parise is a much better prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad