parise & re-draft threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
can someone PLEASE tell me why parise, in all the "what if we re-drafted 2003" threads, always goes up to the top 10 pick? am i the only one that thinks parise has done NOTHING to prove he's anymore worthy of being higher then with what he did last year? his size is still questionable and he didn't have any "outstanding" season to make him seem like he was anymore a steal then at draft day. should he have gone higher? SURE! but would he go higher now that we got to see another year of him play? probably not. i still doubt the teams would think any different of him and would still question his size.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
You know, to an extent I agree.

Mr. Zach Parise has caught the Jani Rita Post WJC syndrome. Most of the public mass get's their first look at a player and then he does well and he becomes a god after one tournament. And we now see that maybe, just maybe Jani Rita just wasn't the player that everyone had hyped him to be. That maybe just maybe he had a really great tournament.

Parise is having an outstanding year though, second in the nation in PPG (behind Sens monster Bochenski), add the whole WJC thing to this year as well. So you can't hold that against him at all, like you did in your post.

The problem is, is that all the guys who were drafted ahead of Mr. Parise are having just as good of years.

And I'm fairly certain that if the draft were held again today, that most NHL teams wouldn't change their picks yet and that Zach would still fall to where he did.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
KingPurpleDinosaur said:
can someone PLEASE tell me why parise, in all the "what if we re-drafted 2003" threads, always goes up to the top 10 pick? am i the only one that thinks parise has done NOTHING to prove he's anymore worthy of being higher then with what he did last year?

Don't know what you mean by "all the 2003 re-draft threadS", really. Because I see only one such thread.

The premise of a list is pretty important. If this is a draft wondering what NHL teams would do (which is pure speculation, really) then I don't think Parise could go much higher than he did. Although you never know. It takes only ONE team to change its mind.

There are other threads sometimes where people make their own rankings and the order they would draft the prospects in. In those, Parise was already high and probably would stay high.

Trying to predict how NHL teams will draft is utterly pointless, as is trying to build fantasy proposals on the thread board but those are two favorite activities apparently. My guess is Parise would not go much higher but I couldn't care less.

However, I remain extremely high on him and rank him much higher than 17th overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->