Proposal: Parise + 1st for future considerations

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
He already has chronic back issues. He'll go LTIR whenever the team/Parise feels its time.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
He already has chronic back issues. He'll go LTIR whenever the team/Parise feels its time.

Yeah this is what I think will happen too. Wild have no incentive to trade him, they would actually be foolish to do so.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
and if he doesn't?
Then you worry about it when it actually causes some kind of a cap problem. At the moment all Minnesota really needs to do is continue drafting/developing their guys and avoid stupid free agent "investments", which they should be doing anyway.

The main issue with Parise up until this season was coaches continuing to cram him into the top-6 despite his performance. As long as his usage is commensurate with his play it's not a big deal for now.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Ladd whose not even playing in NHL?

Wild aren't trading parise or buying him out. Wild didn't buy out Rask this past summer. Doesn't seem like we have a GM who will buy out players, or trade assets with them

Yes. Parise to the Islanders was rumored last deadline, presumably Ladd was going to the other way.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Nothing. It's just funny to imagine NJ dodging a bullet when the last 9 years have been so awful. Like, would I have traded having to deal with that crap contract now for getting 9 years of enjoyable hockey in the interim? I don't know. Maybe.

They are independent of one another.

The opposite can be true too.

Seabrook helping the Hawks win 3 cups doesn't mean his contract was a disaster that negatively affected the team.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Yes. Parise to the Islanders was rumored last deadline, presumably Ladd was going to the other way.

& it never happened. People speculated it would happen in the off-season, but never did

It should tell you maybe our GM wasn't interested in revisiting the deal.

This was media hyped driven

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Something around Ladd + for Parise

Parise-Pageau-Wahlstrom third line for NYI.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I see the Wild waiting until 2022 and then moving him. He'll have no real $$ owed at that point. It's that or he'll be on LTIR by then.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Barring being able to LTIR him, we’ll want to free up his 7.53 million/year cap hit in the coming years. He’s due 6 million in actual dollars next year, but just 2 Million, 1 million and 1 Million over the final three years. Could be enticing to a team that never pushes the cap ceiling like AZ and could get them a first rounder back. Would likely be our own first.

This is at the point where he’s not breaking into our lineup so he’s willing to waive his NMC

Minnesota could be facing as much as a $20m cap recapture penalty should Parise decide to retire before the end of the contract. I don't think they can risk it trading him away.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
They are independent of one another.

The opposite can be true too.

Seabrook helping the Hawks win 3 cups doesn't mean his contract was a disaster that negatively affected the team.
Parise has averaged 24 goals per season since he signed with the Wild. That's even with his injuries and the two shortened seasons he's been a part of. He's scored 30 goals per 82 games with the Wild. His contract was far from a disaster.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Contract is tailor made for LTIR. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't some chronic condition that showed up in the next year or two. Then his contract will bounce around the league until it expires another successful circumvention of the laughable "salary cap".
Oh no, I've come down with overpaidulitis!

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
We've seen players just about forced onto LTIR by their clubs. I would not be concerned about this. 38 year old Zach Parise is not going to fight tooth and nail to stay in the league as his abilities are declining and fans are turning hostile. Just not going to happen.

Then why are you trying to trade him? Force him onto LTIR yourself and save the multi 1st round picks.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Minnesota could be facing as much as a $20m cap recapture penalty should Parise decide to retire before the end of the contract. I don't think they can risk it trading him away.

He’d be public enemy #1 if he did that and he’d kiss any goodwill the fan base has for him goodbye. I wouldn’t be too worried about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad