Proposal: Parise + 1st for future considerations

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Barring being able to LTIR him, we’ll want to free up his 7.53 million/year cap hit in the coming years. He’s due 6 million in actual dollars next year, but just 2 Million, 1 million and 1 Million over the final three years. Could be enticing to a team that never pushes the cap ceiling like AZ and could get them a first rounder back. Would likely be our own first.

This is at the point where he’s not breaking into our lineup so he’s willing to waive his NMC

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
4 years of 7.5m cap hit? It's going to take more than that to move it IMO.

I could see Parise back to NJ but it would cost a 1st + a good player/prospect and maybe even a 2nd. The Wild are going to have to retain a chunk of that if they don't want to pay up.

Last edited:
Reactions: axlrose87

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Not many teams could fit that into the cap. And I don’t think that he would waive his nmc to go the teams that do have the cap space.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
4 years of 7.5m cap hit? It's going to take more than that to move it IMO.

I could see Parise back to NJ but it would cost a 1st + a good player/prospect and maybe even a 2nd. The Wild are going to have to retain a chunk of that if they don't want to pay up.

NJ is freezing cold, far from his family, high taxes, and the team stinks. I think if Parise waives its to go to a warm low tax state or somewhere he can win a cup.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Contract is tailor made for LTIR. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't some chronic condition that showed up in the next year or two. Then his contract will bounce around the league until it expires another successful circumvention of the laughable "salary cap".

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Wild aren't giving up any 1st round pick to move contract especially with Judd brackett aboard

The same way Guerin wouldn't buyout rask. He seems like one of those guys who has certain beliefs

Parise isn't waiving. It was reported he would have only played / waived for islanders due to his dad playing there

I know certain people want to move him, but our team front office seems to have different views about this

He isn't a waste of roster space to pay to move him

Guys seem to love him in locker room. . Him not playing in 2nd game vs. Vegas seems to have messed up funk of team

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
You would think Parise retires after 22 with the salaries diminishing so much. If this is the case 1 and 2 might be right.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
NJ is freezing cold, far from his family, high taxes, and the team stinks. I think if Parise waives its to go to a warm low tax state or somewhere he can win a cup.
Parise has been notorious for his strong disliking of warm weather he publicly said he hated traveling to the southern states because of the warm weather. I think Winnipeg would be his ideal place to be.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
His back issues will flare up again or he will develop an allergy to the equipment. Take your pick.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's buyout-proof with very little cap savings. Another reason for a team to not touch it.
The acquiring team can buy out the final three years easily, when Zach will only get 4M in actual money. The cap recapture penalties will have a very minor effect on any team but the Wild, who will get hammered with them.

That's why this trade is such a bad idea for MN. They will have no control on whether the other team will buy him out, whereas, if they keep him, they can arrange for a LTIR, similar to Seabrook and Hossa. The other team has no incentive to LTIR him, and will buy him out instead for a paltry 2.66M after next year.

It's not like Parise doesn't have physical issues. He could barely walk for a couple of years, and has already had a discectomy. The man's back doesn't allow him to skate.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Contract is tailor made for LTIR. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't some chronic condition that showed up in the next year or two. Then his contract will bounce around the league until it expires another successful circumvention of the laughable "salary cap".

Agreed, this is what I see happening as well.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
The acquiring team can buy out the final three years easily, when Zach will only get 4M in actual money. The cap recapture penalties will have a very minor effect on any team but the Wild, who will get hammered with them.

That's why this trade is such a bad idea for MN. They will have no control on whether the other team will buy him out, whereas, if they keep him, they can arrange for a LTIR, similar to Seabrook and Hossa. It's not like Parise doesn't have physical issues. He could barely walk for a couple of years, and has already had a discectomy. The man's back doesn't allow him to skate.

"Hey, I'm angry that this contract provided an unfair advantage to a club"
"SHAME ON YOU, look at this poor pitiable man"

Not directed at you, just how the LTIR discourse has always gone, and will continue to go.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
This is a weird argument to make since Minneapolis is colder.

WAY colder.

Thanks, I'm aware that Minneapolis is colder than NJ. I wasn't aware that Parise actually didn't like warm weather, haha, that's not one that I've heard a lot. Anyway, before I knew that my thinking was that if he was going to waive it would be to go to a more comfortable place to play than NJ and his priorities may have shifted since he signed that contract 9 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->