Paris' Notre Dame is on fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Anyway there is no doubt that Notre Dame is one of the best churches in Europe and maybe the World. In my travels all throughout Europe Notre Dame is by far in the top 3 and perhaps top 2. More people visit Notre Dame than the Eiffel Tower.

To me I would rank the European churches

Notre Dame

St Peters Basilica / Sistine Chapel

Sagrada Familia

Florence's Duomo

Cologne Dom

Never been to it but the outside of the Milan cathedral is breathtaking. A lot of the Italian churches were built in the Renaissance though. Notre Dame was around 1200-1300.

Milan_Cathedral_from_Piazza_del_Duomo.jpg

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
LMAO this really aged well. It's liderally going to be saved and restored, even though that's a complete and udder waste of money that could go towards solving world hunger or curing a disease. #PeopleOverBuildings #JustABuilding

Very true.

Some of that money could even be used to hire a spelling tutor for you to teach you how to spell “literally” and “utterly.” You actually made a great point with your illiteracy.

#LiteracyMatters
#HookedOnPhonics
#InvestInEducation

Seriously, if people want to donate money out of their own pockets, or if the government of France wants to aid in the restoration, what’s it to you?

Serious question.

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
Seriously, if people want to donate money out of their own pockets, or if the government of France wants to aid in the restoration, what’s it to you?

Serious question.
Oh I'll be fine, just sucks for all the children starving in Africa while people are worshiping a pile of bricks. Hopefully one day our civilization will be more enlightened.

Reactions: The Crypto Gal

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Oh I'll be fine, just sucks for all the children starving in Africa while people are worshiping a pile of bricks. Hopefully one day our civilization will be more enlightened.

Right, because God forbid the Africans take care of themselves, or the governments of those countries do more for their people.

Good for France and for whoever wants to donate to the restoration of this cathedral.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Hopefully one day our civilization will be more enlightened.

Hopefully one day our civilization will be more enlightened to the point where we respect other people to the point where their beliefs aren’t the subject of ridicule and derision.

Hopefully one day people of no faith will cease being bigoted against people of faith who work countless hours to feed and clothe the poor, and donate billions to end hunger and disease.

Hopefully one day it won’t be a shock when empathy and compassion are shown towards others when misfortune befalls them and it doesn’t affect you personally.

Your callousness is and lack of a shred of sympathy whatsoever are very evident.

Good day, sir.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Hopefully one day our civilization will be more enlightened to the point where we respect other people to the point where their beliefs aren’t the subject of ridicule and derision.

Hopefully one day people of no faith will cease being bigoted against people of faith who work countless hours to feed and clothe the poor, and donate billions to end hunger and disease.

Hopefully one day it won’t be a shock when empathy and compassion are shown towards others when misfortune befalls them and it doesn’t affect you personally.

Your callousness is and lack of a shred of sympathy whatsoever are very evident.

Good day, sir.

There is no sky fairy... grow up.

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014

Literally no one, prior to this post, was mocking anyone's beliefs. Get over yourselve.

Ah yes, empathy and compassion, like this gem:
Right, because God forbid the Africans take care of themselves
Thanks for showing your true colours. :shakehead

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
I will never understand how religion even needs to begin to enter into a debate over whether ancient buildings are more important to humans than actual humans and human suffering, I mean, are you kidding me? If it's literally architecture vs. starving people I know for a FACT that Jesus would go with the starving people over the burned up cathedral because the people are His church not the physical church building and I would bet that any religious scholar who studies theology would agree with me over some rebuilding advocates who would rather see a burned up ancient church be restored over feeding starving people. SMH

Reactions: Jiminy Cricket

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Jesus turnt water into wine and made bread loafs and fishes feed millions of people, and he did it for the PEOPLE. He literally trashed synagogues when he hulked out because of pharisees like some of you people. #checkmate

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Anyway there is no doubt that Notre Dame is one of the best churches in Europe and maybe the World. In my travels all throughout Europe Notre Dame is by far in the top 3 and perhaps top 2. More people visit Notre Dame than the Eiffel Tower.

To me I would rank the European churches

Notre Dame

St Peters Basilica / Sistine Chapel

Sagrada Familia

Florence's Duomo

Cologne Dom

I rank Kirche am Steinhof in Vienna number one, a thoroughly special atmosphere.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO

you of all people should know that if africa was any good at stuff, they'd fix the problem themselves. no sense in blaming france for not donating money to them to bail them out of their situation. i expect better from you, frankly.

Reactions: Cody Webster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->