Parenteau or Deslauriers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nordique

Deslauriers...it's not close.

However, comparing a forward and a goalie isn't so easy.

And why in the world are you picking these two guys? Seems totally random.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
nordique said:
Deslauriers...it's not close.

However, comparing a forward and a goalie isn't so easy.

And why in the world are you picking these two guys? Seems totally random.

Probably cause both are former Chicoutimi Sagueneens

Jason Allison

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
because, i have a fantasy draft and another GM offer to me Deslauriers for Parenteau.

2 prospects players.

Wich players have the most potential

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
JDD would definetaly be my pick. He's probably two years away still, but he has the higher ceiling of the two IMO.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
I see Parenteau maxing out around the 40 points make
though it's hard to say
he wasn't a 9th round pick for no reason and there are some flaws in his game
he's one of those players who could be an AHL star or could be a solid NHL contributor
high-risk, IMO

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
forbesy said:
I see Parenteau maxing out around the 40 points make
though it's hard to say
he wasn't a 9th round pick for no reason and there are some flaws in his game
he's one of those players who could be an AHL star or could be a solid NHL contributor
high-risk, IMO

Getting drafted in round has nothing to do with it. Players develop after their drafts, that is the reason for 1st rounders being busts and players like Michael Ryder who was an 8th round pick in 1998 go on to have be stars (not saying Ryder is a Star, just making a point).

That said Deslauriers IMO has the higher celling. I see Parenteau making the NHL as a solid player who is capable at putting up 40 to 50 points a season.

Vyse64

N64
Feb 13, 2003
Calgary AB
kruezer said:
JDD would definetaly be my pick. He's probably two years away still, but he has the higher ceiling of the two IMO.
i think its Jeff Drouin Deslauriers still 3-4 years away he is only 19
a year or 2 in the AHL would really help him.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
HemskyFreak83 said:
i think its Jeff Drouin Deslauriers still 3-4 years away he is only 19
a year or 2 in the AHL would really help him.
Thats true, it normally takes goalies longer, but I was meaning more until he should get some NHL games in a couple years while he's in the AHL. I would doubt he's given a starter or even back up role for another 3 or 4 years though.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Saw both a lot and I'll chose Deslauriers in a heart beat.

Parenteau was awesome in the Q and I think he will make it to the NHL but Deslauriers will be a #1 goalie.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
moosefan said:
Getting drafted in round has nothing to do with it. Players develop after their drafts, that is the reason for 1st rounders being busts and players like Michael Ryder who was an 8th round pick in 1998 go on to have be stars (not saying Ryder is a Star, just making a point).

Most definitely draft round has something to do with it. Scan through any draft year at hockeydb.com, and you'll see that as the rounds pass, fewer and fewer players end up playing any significant time in the league (say 150+ games).

Yes, there are the odd exceptions, but they are rare.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
I've seen Deslauriers in the net a few times since he's playing for my hometown, and I can say he's a good goalie, he has talent.. but for some reason I don't think he will be #1 any day.

I noticed he lacks consistency, he makes some incredible saves but at the same time can be weak on so many shots.. Maybe he'll stop doing those mistakes.. experience may make the difference.

As for Parenteau, he's one damn good player, he has good hands and good size, which could get him a spot in Anaheim sooner than later. I didn't see him play often but he looked good.

Parenteau15

I don't know where i found that but Parenteau is compared to Alex Tanguay with the Avalanche.

Hitman*

Parenteau could be an NHL contributor, but won't be anything more. Won't be a real scoring threat or top 2 line guy IMO. Whereas Deslauriers has an excellent shot at being a #1 goalie and being a star in the league.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
SCHL Commish said:
I'll second, or more, the motion about Deslauriers. I love Parenteau, don't get me wrong, but guys who are 5'9, 155, aren't impact players on the whole. Yes, he does have sick skills but 155 is 155.

he is 5'11 180

But i agree, he is small, but that hasnt stoped other players. However his main problem is he is small and not overly quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad