Parent refusing to wear mask

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So violent confrontation is the answer? The “mob” should attack this guy, and tear him apart? No, this has two layers. First some people refuse to accept responsibility for the safety of others, and will be selfish and childish with their behaviours. Second, and because of the first one, we have rules which order society to keep people safe. Clearly masks wearing needs to be a mandated health order with policing, which is now the law (health order) in BC, so selfish crying adult diaper wearers, who refuse to wear masks, won’t be attacked by the “mob”, but rather will be levied fines.

No you misunderstood. You could have good intentions to confront the anti masker, but then they could become violent back toward you. There are new videos of this appearing online everything day I feel like.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
:huh: If public health guidelines aren't followed, then hockey gets shut down. Then the girls don't get to play hockey. That's everybody's problem. The rinks have probably been paid for a little while, but eventually it becomes their problem too. As a hockey parent, I'm not really worried about how they perceive their business outlook with regards to being shut down... I just want my kid to keep being able to enjoy the game.

I mean, I also don't want my kid to get Covid from his kid either. But that's not exactly the first line of concern. People flouting the guidelines is what's going to get the whole thing shut down, rightfully so, and everybody loses in that scenario.
I’m not in any disagreement. All i said is that it’s better to let the rink deal with it and not risk putting yourself in harms way to confront the guy.

Reactions: zeeto

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Way to just read the first 2 words. Hey if you want to start arguments with people with your child around, then go for it.

This is pretty comical given that you obviously haven’t read any of the thread.

If you had, you would already know I decided agt confronting this guy directly and explained what the issue is several times.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Sick people and these same germs existed 2 years ago, why didn’t you wear masks then??

Reactions: hn777

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
This is pretty comical given that you obviously haven’t read any of the thread.

If you had, you would already know I decided agt confronting this guy directly and explained what the issue is several times.

ok... says the guy who writes “I saw him doing it again at her practice yesterday and I wanted to grab him by the throat and smash his head into the wall.”

That is pretty damn alarming that these are the types of thoughts that pop into your head over a guy who has a mask down a bit. I’d be more afraid of you than a guy who pulls his mask down while standing by himself if we are being honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
ok... says the guy who writes “I saw him doing it again at her practice yesterday and I wanted to grab him by the throat and smash his head into the wall.”

That is pretty damn alarming that these are the types of thoughts that pop into your head over a guy who has a mask down a bit. I’d be more afraid of you than a guy who pulls his mask down while standing by himself if we are being honest.

Reading comprehension definitely isn't your strong suit.

I was perfectly honest in my post that I was raging, and wasn't going to lie and pretend I wasn't ready to lose it on the guy.

It's convenient that you ignored how I admonished myself for thinking that way and decided how I was feeling wasn't going to lead to anything positive and backed off going to talk to him.

I then decided along with my wife to speak to the coach about a way to handle the situation without confrontation.

And no, he didn't have his mask "down a bit". It was under his chin, as I've explained over and over (again, reading comprehension). Which is why he's been asked no less than three times (once by the rink owner, once by the owner's son, and now by the team manger) to wear it properly.

Yet he still sneaks off into the stands and pulls it down under his chin.

He also doesn't stand by himself (you missed that to I guess). He stands right next to the other parents and breathes all over them while he endlessly yaps away.

Last edited:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This is exactly why my wife pulled me back because she knew it would get confrontational when I was going over to tell him.

The biggest layer here as I keep pointing out is that we are trying to find a way around not having him banned... as it hurts his daughter.

I know we could easily have him banned because of the repeated warnings and video of him on LiveBarn being a moron.

The owner has now told him, as well as the owners son, and now the team manager... and he’s still being a sneaky asshole and taking it down when he goes into the stands.

So it’s a shitty issue where we have to weigh his daughter getting banned vs him putting everyone at risk.

He’s literally the only person we have been around at this rink not following the rules.

Everyone else gets it, including the kids.
What happened here (I think this health order came down yesterday) was kids still get to play, but there are no spectators. So parents drop their kids off, and pick them up.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
What happened here (I think this health order came down yesterday) was kids still get to play, but there are no spectators. So parents drop their kids off, and pick them up.

At the start of the season we had that with practices... no parents allowed in the rink. But the rink owner let people in for games.

The last month or so he’s been letting parents in for practice which I think is nuts, but whatever.

A couple rinks in the area aren’t allowing spectators, however.

Reactions: Luckylarry

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Reading comprehension definitely isn't your strong suit.

I was perfectly honest in my post that I was raging, and wasn't going to lie and pretend I wasn't ready to lose it on the guy.

It's convenient that you ignored how I admonished myself for thinking that way and decided how I was feeling wasn't going to lead to anything positive and backed off going to talk to him.

I then decided along with my wife to speak to the coach about a way to handle the situation without confrontation.

And no, he didn't have his mask "down a bit". It was under his chin, as I've explained over and over (again, reading comprehension). Which is why he's been asked no less than three times (once by the rink owner, once by the owner's son, and now by the team manger) to wear it properly.

Yet he still sneaks off into the stands and pulls it down under his chin.

He also doesn't stand by himself (you missed that to I guess). He stands right next to the other parents and breathes all over them while he endlessly yaps away.

You are really all up and arms over this huh? Maybe it would be better if you just locked yourself in the basement until it’s all over so you don’t stress yourself out so bad and give yourself a heart attack.

Reactions: thebus88

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
You are really all up and arms over this huh? Maybe it would be better if you just locked yourself in the basement until it’s all over so you don’t stress yourself out so bad and give yourself a heart attack.
You are clueless

The guy has done everything right here and you find a way to make a negative out of it? Go troll another thread

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I know it tough when someone calls you out for not being able to read well.

You will get over it.

Or not... small matter to me TBTH.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I know it tough when someone calls you out for not being able to read well.

You will get over it.

Or not... small matter to me TBTH.
Lmao wow. I really feel bad for people like you during this. How many people felt the need to post an entire thread because someone doesnt wear their mask properly all the time and talk about fighting them. Guess who, just you.

Look in the mirror. You are much worse than that guy.

And you literally attacked me cause all I said was it’s better to just ignore the guy and let the rink handle it. Get a hold of yourself and take a breath.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

imo it was a pretty message to (certain) hockey parents, saying you couldn’t be adults about behaveing safely so now you don’t get to watch your kids play. unfortunately everyone suffers because of the actions of some.

the province is also basically saying with new guidelines, this is your last chance. if you don’t shape the ff up we’re closing the schools and good luck having jobs when we do that.

probably the kinds of ultimatums that need to be made by the rink authorities to the dad in question here. unfortunately, as i said upthread, i’m not sure he doesn’t ff it up anyway.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Lmao wow. I really feel bad for people like you during this. How many people felt the need to post an entire thread because someone doesnt wear their mask properly all the time and talk about fighting them. Guess who, just you.

And you literally attacked me cause all I said was it’s better to just ignore the guy and let the rink handle it. Get a hold of yourself and take a breath.
Naw, literally everybody else here recognizes the mask dude is firmly in the wrong. Except you. So we wonder why that is. Hm. Feels like maybe you're kind of on the side of that kind of attitude. Maybe you're not. But you found a weird way of showing it. And basically just keep digging the hole deeper with every followup.
:huh:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Naw, literally everybody else here recognizes the mask dude is firmly in the wrong. Except you. So we wonder why that is. Hm. Feels like maybe you're kind of on the side of that kind of attitude. Maybe you're not. But you found a weird way of showing it. And basically just keep digging the hole deeper with every followup.
:huh:
I never said the anti mask guy was right?

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

It’s honestly pretty sad that your reading comprehension is this low. You can’t even get numerous simple details already discussed multiple times, sorted out.

I would feel sorry for you except it’s obvious you are trying to derail this thread, so I’ll kindly ask you to see your way out of here.

I’m looking for solutions, not to keep debating with someone who struggles with the very basics of reading.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It’s honestly pretty sad that your reading comprehension is this low. You can’t even get numerous simple details already discussed multiple times, sorted out.

I would feel sorry for you except it’s obvious you are trying to derail this thread, so I’ll kindly ask you to see your way out of here.

I’m looking for solutions, not to keep debating with someone who struggles with the very basics of reading.
Reading comp? Maybe go back and re-read what you said. I just said it not worth getting involved with the guy and you went off your meds. I’m done with you, you are clearly bit unhinged based on your original post, goodnight.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Reading comp? Maybe go back and re-read what you said. I just said it not worth getting involved with the guy and you went off your meds. I’m done with you, you are clearly bit unhinged based on your original post, goodnight.

I know what I wrote, then even took the time to break it down for you again as you were struggling with even the simple details of what I wrote.

And now you just did it again, continuing to be completely oblivious to the discussion and showing your alarming lack of reading comprehension.

Please stay out of the thread - thx.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
The biggest layer here as I keep pointing out is that we are trying to find a way around not having him banned... as it hurts his daughter.

I think you and the rest of the parents are being too kind. There's just so many chances you can give someone before they should face the consequences. And, IMHO, if part of those consequences is him having to explain to his daughter why she can't play hockey anymore, that could be a good thing. It might make him smarten up or at least start following protocols. If no consequences come down, what incentive does he have to follow them?

Yes, it'll suck for his daughter, but in terms of big picture, it's not like she's being denied something vital. Imagine your daughter coming up and asking you "Why won't you wear a mask, so I can play hockey?"

If he's not the type of parent that would make that small sacrifice for the happiness of his daughter, maybe it's good that they learn that sooner rather than later.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
It's a shame this person is a parent. It's also no wonder he's divorced.....

The solution seems really simple to me. You speak to the rink, and based on his behavior, you get him banned from attendance. Period. He can still drop his daughter off for practice, but he's not allowed inside at all.

I'm not sure where the disconnect is, to be perfectly honest. People are too cordial and accepting of asshole behavior. He's breaking public health orders. He's breaking USA Hockey guidelines. He's breaking the rules of the rink. He's breaking the rules of the club. He's putting the entire club in jeopardy with his actions. f*** him. He's a selfish f***ing loser, and should be banned from the rink until he shows that he can FOLLOW THE RULES, like any functioning adult does. This guy is a piece of shit, and I would not feel bad in the least about reporting him to all levels of authority, including USA Hockey. If he gets a USA hockey suspension or a ban, good. He deserves it.

I just recently did exactly the above with a fellow coach, who was also a COVID denier, and knowingly putting the kids at risk with his behavior.

Rules are rules, and they are there for a reason. I'll be damned if I let a single individual ruin it for all of the kids I coach, and the families who support those kids. He honestly deserves an ass kicking, and people that behave in this manner, have typically never had their ass kicked. I'll be perfectly honest. There's about a 5% chance that I wouldn't have beat the ever living shit out of this guy already.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It's a shame this person is a parent. It's also no wonder he's divorced.....

The solution seems really simple to me. You speak to the rink, and based on his behavior, you get him banned from attendance. Period. He can still drop his daughter off for practice, but he's not allowed inside at all.

I'm not sure where the disconnect is, to be perfectly honest. People are too cordial and accepting of asshole behavior. He's breaking public health orders. He's breaking USA Hockey guidelines. He's breaking the rules of the rink. He's breaking the rules of the club. He's putting the entire club in jeopardy with his actions. f*** him. He's a selfish f***ing loser, and should be banned from the rink until he shows that he can FOLLOW THE RULES, like any functioning adult does. This guy is a piece of shit, and I would not feel bad in the least about reporting him to all levels of authority, including USA Hockey. If he gets a USA hockey suspension or a ban, good. He deserves it.

I just recently did exactly the above with a fellow coach, who was also a COVID denier, and knowingly putting the kids at risk with his behavior.

Rules are rules, and they are there for a reason. I'll be damned if I let a single individual ruin it for all of the kids I coach, and the families who support those kids. He honestly deserves an ass kicking, and people that behave in this manner, have typically never had their ass kicked. I'll be perfectly honest. There's about a 5% chance that I wouldn't have beat the ever living shit out of this guy already.

I think you and the rest of the parents are being too kind. There's just so many chances you can give someone before they should face the consequences. And, IMHO, if part of those consequences is him having to explain to his daughter why she can't play hockey anymore, that could be a good thing. It might make him smarten up or at least start following protocols. If no consequences come down, what incentive does he have to follow them?

Yes, it'll suck for his daughter, but in terms of big picture, it's not like she's being denied something vital. Imagine your daughter coming up and asking you "Why won't you wear a mask, so I can play hockey?"

If he's not the type of parent that would make that small sacrifice for the happiness of his daughter, maybe it's good that they learn that sooner rather than later.

It’s just a shitty situation and like I mentioned, I got along quite well with the guy before this pandemic brought out his true colors.

I know the owner would ban him if he was made aware he’s still doing this shit and we showed him the LiveBarn evidence... but again, I’d feel extremely guilty about his daughter not getting to play.

On the flip side he’s had three warnings and is putting the operation of the rink and everyone inside it at risk.

The obvious solution is to basically get him banned, but being the guy responsible for getting him banned would be an extremely heavy burden.

I’d feel like an asshole.. a snitch.. an ogre screwing over his daughter (I get he’s the one doing it... but man).

I don’t know why he can’t just follow the rules like literally everyone else, including little kids.

They have a practice today and I’m hoping like hell he just wears his mask, but it’s probably just a fools hope obviously.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
It’s just a shitty situation and like I mentioned, I got along quite well with the guy before this pandemic brought out his true colors.

I know the owner would ban him if he was made aware he’s still doing this shit and we showed him the LiveBarn evidence... but again, I’d feel extremely guilty about his daughter not getting to play.

On the flip side he’s had three warnings and is putting the operation of the rink and everyone inside it at risk.

The obvious solution is to basically get him banned, but being the guy responsible for getting him banned would be an extremely heavy burden.

I’d feel like an asshole.. a snitch.. an ogre screwing over his daughter (I get he’s the one doing it... but man).

I don’t know why he can’t just follow the rules like literally everyone else, including little kids.

They have a practice today and I’m hoping like hell he just wears his mask, but it’s probably just a fools hope obviously.

Why does him getting banned from entering the rink mean his daughter can't play? He can't drop her off??

It would be no different from the no spectator rule.

You would have no reason to feel guilty. He has no one but himself to blame.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Why does him getting banned from entering the rink mean his daughter can't play? He can't drop her off??

It would be no different from the no spectator rule.

You would have no reason to feel guilty. He has no one but himself to blame.

Ya that’s probably true, but I suspect he will pull her out of the program if the owner bans him, just as an FU.

She plays for another team, under a different association, so he would probably just keep her there going fwd out of spite.

Again, just me speculating based on what I know about him...

Just many angles I have to consider or I would have already told the owner.

The good news is he had his mask on yesterday.

So I don’t know if the team manger said something to him again or what, but I’m hoping he finally got the msg through his thick skull.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->