Proposal: Parayko trade for Simmonds (sign and trade)

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Hey guys

I´ve read that Hextall wants to add a right handed dman. We dealt with St. Louis before. Simmonds wants to play for a contender for sure. Why dont sign Simmonds to a good contract involving all parties. Lets say for the same Contract Parayko is making right now (6,5 for at least 4 years). And than trade Parayko for Simmonds. It would be in favor for both teams. St. Louis honors hard nosed power forwards and we could use a RH Defender coming in his prime! Simmonds should be able to play near his lvl for the next years and Parayko also. So it should be fair for both parties. Parayko should be satisfied with playing with Provo or Ghost the next years as Simmonds should accept a contract that gives him nearly double his salary and gives him a chance to going to another Stanley Cup Contender.

Colton Parayko - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Sure we could add a bit. I personaly would a 2nd this year. Or maybe you could add a prospect st. louis really wants but we dont value as high as they do?!

Or do you we need to add more?

Thoughts?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Why is everyone being signed to be traded. What’s the Blues motivation to do this deal?

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
My problem with this is the expansion draft will only allow 3 dmen to be protected. Factor in Parayko and they will likely lose a good one. Trade Simmonds for picks or young enough players that will be exempt from expansion protection is better asset management.
We most likely will be forced to make a deal with them in order to keep our players.

Reactions: Chuck Downie

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I would seriously explore his availability. There are whispers his name is out there. We hold their 14th pick. I would have no issues starting a package off with that and adding.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I can't see the Blues moving a 25 year old RHD with his track record.

Maybe UND alumni Jordan Schmaltz is available, though? He'll be 25 in October, but has only played 23 NHL games in the six years since he was drafted.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
If the Blues want to move him the Flyers should offer up a first and Simmonds. I'd love to see him paired up with Provy for the next ten seasons. Provy/Parayko, Morin/Ghost, Sanheim/Myers. Awesome three pairings in a couple seasons from now.

Last edited:

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
If the Blues want to move him the Flyers should offer up a first and Simmonds. I'd love to see him paired up with Provy for the next ten seasons. Provy/Parayko, Morin/Myers, Sanheim/Myers. Awesome three pairings in a couple seasons from now.
We have two Myers? Ghost just disappears.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->