Speculation: Parayko to Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
uh, no.
10 OA and Nuge is an overpayment for Parayko

One that we dont want or care for. But on a different front. Blues INsider just announced that Armstrong has requested permission to speak with Panarins agent to talk possible extensions. Panarin wants to play with his best friend Tarasenko and is looking for similar pay.

Get er done Army

So guess we dont need DRais rather keep parayko

Schwartz Schenn Kyrou/fabbri
Panarin Thomas Tarasenko
Berglund/fabbri Barbashev Thompson

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
uh, no.
10 OA and Nuge is an overpayment for Parayko
Shouldn't you be reading ESPN top 250 pre-season fantasy hockey rankings in order to properly determine player value?

Let me state this clearly and unequivocally: I do not value your opinion.

Reactions: Xerloris and Colt55

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
One that we dont want or care for. But on a different front. Blues INsider just announced that Armstrong has requested permission to speak with Panarins agent to talk possible extensions. Panarin wants to play with his best friend Tarasenko and is looking for similar pay.

Get er done Army

So guess we dont need DRais rather keep parayko

Schwartz Schenn Kyrou/fabbri
Panarin Thomas Tarasenko
Berglund/fabbri Barbashev Thompson
Who?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Honest question to all the Oilers fans offering Klefbom, Larsson, or Nurse, do you honestly think that makes sense for us? Why would we do that?

As an Oiler fan who isn't making an offer for Parayko, I would say that most of us know that it makes no sense for St. Louis to trade Parayko, thus it makes no sense for us to try to pry him away with an overpayment.

Reactions: Colt55

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Nurse + 10 for Parayko + 29th makes so much sense though I think we'd have to add a sweetener from the Oilers side

In terms of skill it goes

Parayko
Klefbom

Larsson

Nurse

IMO
Not to bust your balls on value, but I'm trying to understand the thought process here. From the Blues standpoint, they lose a RHD who they like and are short on and acquire a LHD, where they already have 2 (Edmundson and Dunn) that are top 4 LHD as well as JBo and Gunnarson with Walman and Mikkola also waiting in the wings. The 10OA is a player they won't see on the roster making any impact for 2-3 years. I just don't get that trade at all and the value from a Blues standpoint but I'd be interested in your take on it making sense as you say.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
As an Oiler fan who isn't making an offer for Parayko, I would say that most of us know that it makes no sense for St. Louis to trade Parayko, thus it makes no sense for us to try to pry him away with an overpayment.
I'm not lumping that group of fans in with who I was directing the question at. I know a bigger percentage of the fans know that there isn't a realistic scenario for either side unless it becomes a very big deal, which is pretty unrealistic.

I was just curious if there was any thought in those deals or just pure group-think.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm not lumping that group of fans in with who I was directing the question at. I know a bigger percentage of the fans know that there isn't a realistic scenario for either side unless it becomes a very big deal, which is pretty unrealistic.

I was just curious if there was any thought in those deals or just pure group-think.

Likely group think and wishful thinking, as with most trade discussions here. "We need your guy, and we have these parts, its a good deal for you guys, I promise". Ha ha ha.

Reactions: Colt55

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
He's not wrong though. Nashville had a very similar situation, a potential #1D playing behind a true #1 and a big need for a #1C. The difference being that Jones was due for a contract while Parayko is already locked up.
I think Drai is worth more than RyJo was but St. Louis has no reason to ask for less than Drai. Why would they trade Parayko otherwise?
Agreed, that should be the ask. Just saying that Oilers bias or not, no way in hell Drai is worth less now than Johansen was when he was traded.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Can I have a vote? My vote is Toronto. Toronto fans make the worst trade proposals. :D

No way. Ottawa has the worst proposals followed by Montreal.

Wonder how Hoffman for a first, roster player, and A prospect is treating them. Hahahaha

Montreal wants Thomas just as bad as Edmonton and parayko.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Payarko is starting to get overrated. He's been a second pairing Dman during his time in STL that still hasn't cracked 35 points in a season. He has potential to be a top pairing Dman but I wouldn't be adding a lot to the 10th OA to get him. Something like our 1st and 2nd, anything else is an overpay.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Payarko is starting to get overrated. He's been a second pairing Dman during his time in STL that still hasn't cracked 35 points in a season. He has potential to be a top pairing Dman but I wouldn't be adding a lot to the 10th OA to get him. Something like our 1st and 2nd, anything else is an overpay.
Your assessment is off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->