Speculation: Parayko to Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
There's like literally 1,000 threads of this from last off-season.
Last offseason? I cant remember any Blues fans saying yes. That's pre marner breakout and Nylander was still a budding 1C(to leaf fans)

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
If you go onto the oilers board, a lot of them don’t want to give up more than Klefbom + 10 overall for Erik freaking Karlsson.

Of course they’re gonna lowball for Parayko.
This is only because he is a ufa next summer. Most would do Drai one for one if was signed long term.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Trades Draisaitl to St Louis for Parayko.

Draisaitl goes on to win the Hart.

Whitsmith803

Jul 11, 2016
St. Louis, MO
So far the rumors have been "Other Teams really want Parayko." with no statement if the Blues are actually planning to move him. The Blues RHD depth reads "Pietrangelo, Parayko, Robert Bortuzzo, Jordan Schmaltz, and absolutely nothing". We aren't trading him unless you are gifting us a cost controlled No.1 Center, because anything else just opens up a bigger hole then we had anyway.
Make trade -

Nugent-Hopkins/Puljujärvi/#10 pick

Parayko, Berglund, Sanford

Sign John Carlson 7.5m/6yr/45m deal

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
there's no point arguing with oiler fans. lol. they believe their players are worth 3x more then other teams. Just take a peek at their board and see what I mean.

But just as a comparison.

Parayko has more value compared to jones when he was traded. Since jones got johansen, parayko should get someone better (draisaitl).

And parayko still has a ton of potential. He plays behind petreangelo and as a result of this barely get's any pp time and if he does it's always with the second unit so he still has a lot of untapped potential.
Hmm, you say Oiler fans overvalue their players and then you turn around and say Jones was worth less when he was traded. Huh? And how was Johansen worth more than Drai is worth mow? What the fuhhh

Reactions: DasKaiser

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Doubt Tavares goes to STL though and he would cost atleast 10m+ and that's at his lowest
I doubt it too but St. Louis can go 12m+ if he's interested.

My point was more too if all we have to do is sign a FA, let's just sign a 1c and not trade a core player

Reactions: Colt55

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Oilers cannot afford to trade Draisaitl for help on D. they are so thin upfront after trading Hall and Eberle.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
For you to say that drais has more value than a 40 goalscorer is a joke. A good one but a joke.

A one-time 40 goal scorer.
The past two seasons Draisaitl has been the better player, and he's a center. Is also 4(?) years younger. Definitely has more value.
Nothing against Tarasenko, more about how good Drai is.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Doubt Tavares goes to STL though and he would cost atleast 10m+ and that's at his lowest
we get that. He is best friends with petro, would be centering a 40 goal scoring machine in tarasenko possibly pushing him to 50, and he would have phenomenal defense that can jump in the play, get the first pas off and skate it up and in if needed. These are things he didnt have in NYI

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
A one-time 40 goal scorer.
The past two seasons Draisaitl has been the better player, and he's a center. Is also 4(?) years younger. Definitely has more value.
Nothing against Tarasenko, more about how good Drai is.
1)Tarsenko performed with Schenn or statsny and still put up better numbers in his career than drais has with Mcdavid.
2) Drais played wing 47% OF EVEN STRENGHT TIME with mcdavid. I dont care how you want to spin it thats not centering your own line
3) tarsenk has had 37,39,40, and 33 goals seasons he has had 73,74,75 and 66 point seasons with less talent than drais. for crying out load his center was jori freakinf lehtera and statsny. Drais has mcdavid.
4) Nobody in the league has the deadly wrist shot that vlad has. Yeah ovechkin has the one timer but Tarasenkos wrist shot is a freaking laser.

Once again you show your ignorance of hockey by stating that drias is better. Good luck withthat

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Hmm, you say Oiler fans overvalue their players and then you turn around and say Jones was worth less when he was traded. Huh? And how was Johansen worth more than Drai is worth mow? What the fuhhh

He's not wrong though. Nashville had a very similar situation, a potential #1D playing behind a true #1 and a big need for a #1C. The difference being that Jones was due for a contract while Parayko is already locked up.
I think Drai is worth more than RyJo was but St. Louis has no reason to ask for less than Drai. Why would they trade Parayko otherwise?

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
1)Tarsenko performed with Schenn or statsny and still put up better numbers in his career than drais has with Mcdavid.
2) Drais played wing 47% OF EVEN STRENGHT TIME with mcdavid. I dont care how you want to spin it thats not centering your own line
3) tarsenk has had 37,39,40, and 33 goals seasons he has had 73,74,75 and 66 point seasons with less talent than drais. for crying out load his center was jori freakinf lehtera and statsny. Drais has mcdavid.
4) Nobody in the league has the deadly wrist shot that vlad has. Yeah ovechkin has the one timer but Tarasenkos wrist shot is a freaking laser.

Once again you show your ignorance of hockey by stating that drias is better. Good luck withthat

1) Drai has NOBODY to pass the puck up to him like Tarasenko had/has in Shattenikrik, Pietrangelo and Parayko that's 3 #1 defenseman to get him the puck.
2) Guess who Drai plays with the other 53% of the time? Scrubs like Lucic, Strome, Camamleri and Aberg. He still produces at a decent clip with them.

I love how you are claiming i'm ignorant when basically your entire argument is "Drai plays with McDavid so he sucks!"
Tarasenko is one of my favorite players, I have his jersey, the only current player who isn't an Oiler, but Draisaitl is just as good (IMO better) and easily has more value around the league.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
1) Drai has NOBODY to pass the puck up to him like Tarasenko had/has in Shattenikrik, Pietrangelo and Parayko that's 3 #1 defenseman to get him the puck.
2) Guess who Drai plays with the other 53% of the time? Scrubs like Lucic, Strome, Camamleri and Aberg. He still produces at a decent clip with them.

I love how you are claiming i'm ignorant when basically your entire argument is "Drai plays with McDavid so he sucks!"
Tarasenko is one of my favorite players, I have his jersey, the only current player who isn't an Oiler, but Draisaitl is just as good (IMO better) and easily has more value around the league.
What are you talking about he has Nurse and Larson whom , (by some of your fan base) are both better than colt. Also he had Mcjessus on his team. Are you freaking kidding me with this filthy garbage right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
What are you talking about he has Nurse and Larson whom , (by some of your fan base) are both better than colt. Also he had Mcjessus on his team. Are you freaking kidding me with this filthy garbage right now.

1) The vast, vast majority of the fanbase however does NOT think he is better than Parayko tho
2) Yes he has McJesus, we have discussed this. This is your only argument
3) No I am not kidding....

4) Tarasenko had a 70p center this year in Schenn an a ppg LW in Schwartz. Please don't act like he doesn't have help offensively. Plus the two #1 dmen that help him throughout the game.
5) Draisaitl played the majority of the season with Lucic as his LW. He had one goal since Christmas. Enough said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->