Proposal: Parayko for MacKinnon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This is probably the cost it would take for the Avs to get a true high end Dman realistically. But, the Avs cant afford to move Mackinnon right now though. As much as we desperately need a #1D, we cant move Mackinnon to make that happen.

Duchene for Parayko sure, but not Mackinnon. Blues would probably(And rightfully so) decline that idea though.

FrodoBeggins

Jun 26, 2016
Kerch
As soon as I read the exchange so I just laughed. If Parayko is Mackinnon (worthless Yakupov), I'm afraid to imagine how many defenders are better than him. For Spurgeon Crosby can then barter or McDavid

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
MacKinnon's numbers have stagnated, and his shooting% has been consistently bad for the past 3 seasons. He's no where close to what some people in this thread are implying.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
As soon as I read the exchange so I just laughed. If Parayko is Mackinnon (worthless Yakupov), I'm afraid to imagine how many defenders are better than him. For Spurgeon Crosby can then barter or McDavid

Parayko is better than Spurgeon...

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'll defer to St.Louis fans more but Parayko looks awesome....but is still on the 3rd pairing not facing the other team's best defenseman?

Obviously he's going to get more responsibility when Shattenkirk goes on but just thinking his value should be more in line with a top 4RD then a top pairing defenseman like some fans are asking....

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
MacKinnon's numbers have stagnated, and his shooting% has been consistently bad for the past 3 seasons. He's no where close to what some people in this thread are implying.

Mackinnon isn't without his flaws, but you're still underrating his value.

He's shown in the WC that he has the potential to be one of the best players in the league, especially when he's away from the ****show of an Avs team.

Not to mention, he's still only 21. His floor is a 60 point center, and his ceiling is PPG+. I have no doubt he'd be in a better position to succeed if he managed to get on a team that has defenseman that can make a breakout pass, or players that can keep up with him.

So just curious, can you point me towards centers that are worth Parayko?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'll defer to St.Louis fans more but Parayko looks awesome....but is still on the 3rd pairing not facing the other team's best defenseman?

Obviously he's going to get more responsibility when Shattenkirk goes on but just thinking his value should be more in line with a top 4RD then a top pairing defenseman like some fans are asking....

He faces harder competition than Shattenkirk. He's already taken that responsibility. He's on the Pietrangelo track. He's our 2nd best defenseman.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge

I would have happily traded Hall for Parayko and I really hated the trade for Larsson when it happened (really happy with Larsson now). I consider Parayko second to Ekblad in terms of up and coming D in the NHL. He has the full package and looks to be a future #1 all around RHD. The crazy cost for D right now is what gives Parayko the edge is value as they are both in a similar spot among their peers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->