OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I tell ya, this team needs Duron Carter. Ed Hervey talking like he doesn't want to take that gamble right now...what exactly are you gambling? The team is seeing a playoff spot slip away. With Toronto 2-0 under MBT and looking to surge, it's entirely possible there won't be a cross-over this year. That means we not only have to pass Saskatchewan but we also have to catch Winnipeg or Edmonton. If you bring in Carter and he doesn't work out and disrupts the team then you're right where you started. But if he comes in and turns the team around that's a huge win.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Also, and I hate to say this because I know him, but do the Lions really miss Solly? Yes he's the leader on defense, but our run defense while he was out there was atrocious. Since Herdman has stepped into the middle linebacker position the opposition has run for only 240 yards on 57 carries (4.21 yards per carry average). In the 4 games Solly was in the opposition rushed for 478 yards on 63 carries (7.59 yards per carry average). The opposing RB has not had a 100 yard game since Solly has been gone; however, in Solly's 4 games this year the opposing RB has rushed for over 100 yards in 3 of those games.

Solly's games came against CJ Gable, Andrew Harris twice, and Tyrell Sutton, while Herdman's games came against William Powell, Romar Morris, CJ Gable, and James Wilder Jr. the discrepancy in talent isn't that far off.

I think our linebacking group has been fine without Solly and Biggie. Herdman and Lokombo have stepped up nicely, and both being nationals provides us greater flexibility elsewhere. Might make some sense to use Solly's SMS money towards shoring up the DB's or perhaps bringing in a certain gamebreaking receiver.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Also, and I hate to say this because I know him, but do the Lions really miss Solly? Yes he's the leader on defense, but our run defense while he was out there was atrocious. Since Herdman has stepped into the middle linebacker position the opposition has run for only 240 yards on 57 carries (4.21 yards per carry average). In the 4 games Solly was in the opposition rushed for 478 yards on 63 carries (7.59 yards per carry average). The opposing RB has not had a 100 yard game since Solly has been gone; however, in Solly's 4 games this year the opposing RB has rushed for over 100 yards in 3 of those games.

Solly's games came against CJ Gable, Andrew Harris twice, and Tyrell Sutton, while Herdman's games came against William Powell, Romar Morris, CJ Gable, and James Wilder Jr. the discrepancy in talent isn't that far off.

I think our linebacking group has been fine without Solly and Biggie. Herdman and Lokombo have stepped up nicely, and both being nationals provides us greater flexibility elsewhere. Might make some sense to use Solly's SMS money towards shoring up the DB's or perhaps bringing in a certain gamebreaking receiver.
Agree completely

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Not sure why we're spending more money on our linebackers. Gabe Knapton was released, presumably to clear cap space and due to poor performance, but I question why we're spending more money at a position where Lokombo and Herdman have proven to be more than capable. If Awe were a DB then it would make sense, but I think we're spending too much money on a position of strength when we have holes elsewhere in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad