OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
TJ Lee has also been re-signed by the Lions.

Taylor Loffler, former UBC player and safety for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers is going to free agency Tuesday. Not sure if we could fit him in our cap structure though as he's reported to be seeking north of $200k.

And finally, Mike Reilly is expected to sign with the Lions shortly after free agency opens Tuesday morning, for an amount in the area of $700k per season.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
TJ Lee has also been re-signed by the Lions.

Taylor Loffler, former UBC player and safety for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers is going to free agency Tuesday. Not sure if we could fit him in our cap structure though as he's reported to be seeking north of $200k.

And finally, Mike Reilly is expected to sign with the Lions shortly after free agency opens Tuesday morning, for an amount in the area of $700k per season.

Excellent use of the vague passive voice. Who is doing the expecting? Inquiring minds want to know!

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
The majority of people around the CFL expect he will be a Lion when free agency opens Tuesday at 9am. Mike Reilly is signing with BC.

Well, I respect your wanting to be circumspect about your sources, and I know better than to doubt your prediction, but I'm still curious ...

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Well, I respect your wanting to be circumspect about your sources, and I know better than to doubt your prediction, but I'm still curious ...
It's pretty much common knowledge that Reilly was headed to BC for over a year now. He built a new house in Washington State and wants to be closer to his family. The only thing that would've put a wrench in this marriage was if Jennings somehow turned into Mahomes or if the Esks offered 7 figures.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It's pretty much common knowledge that Reilly was headed to BC for over a year now. He built a new house in Washington State and wants to be closer to his family. The only thing that would've put a wrench in this marriage was if Jennings somehow turned into Mahomes or if the Esks offered 7 figures.

I remain curious about the circle within which it's common knowledge. Is it media types saying this publicly? Is it just logical speculation, or does someone actually claim to "know" something about Reilley and the Lions' mutual plans? Are your and Y2K's connections just quietly giving you the word as you talk to people who are connected? Again, I'm not doubting, just trying to get some clarity about the nature of the prediction. Can you name, say, two people, media or league or Reilley connections, for whom Reilley's imminent signing with the Lions is understood as almost a given?

Edit: Ah, now I see it is in the conventional media: Willes has the story, as does Moddejonge out of Edmonton (although Moddejonge is relying on Willes).

Last edited:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I remain curious about the circle within which it's common knowledge. Is it media types saying this publicly? Is it just logical speculation, or does someone actually claim to "know" something about Reilley and the Lions' mutual plans? Are your and Y2K's connections just quietly giving you the word as you talk to people who are connected? Again, I'm not doubting, just trying to get some clarity about the nature of the prediction. Can you name, say, two people, media or league or Reilley connections, for whom Reilley's imminent signing with the Lions is understood as almost a given?

Edit: Ah, now I see it is in the conventional media: Willes has the story, as does Moddejonge out of Edmonton (although Moddejonge is relying on Willes).

Yeah I haven't been told this by any player or any manager with the team. There's been a lot of talk linking Reilly to the Lions since last October even when Reilly said he was going to free agency. Several more reports linking the Lions to Reilly and that has heated up as we have gotten closer to free agency day.

The Lions have held off from signing some of their free agents until they were aware of Reilly's cost, as told to me by Rick Dhaliwal. Now that they have started re-signing two key free agents I figure they have a number for Reilly and that's all sorted out.

Reactions: lindgren

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Hunter Steward also re-signed today.

Some speculation that Reilly's signing will get done very quickly tomorrow and he'll be working on getting other players here. My own speculation is Derel Walker is a possibility.

With the Lions not re-signing Shawn Lemon I wonder if they'll be in the market for Willie Jefferson? Micah Johnson is also a free agent, but with having Davon Coleman and Claudell Louis inside already I don't know that we need to spend what it would cost to get Johnson.

Also hoping we can re-sign Bo Lokombo, Otha Foster, Winston Rose, Anthony Orange and Anthony Thompson.

Reactions: lindgren

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Well, they definitely needed this to stoke some fan interest. I for one am going to buy tickets for the opener now.

I have zero knowledge about the CFL salary cap. Are the Lions still in decent shape to keep adding despite the 700k on Reilly?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Well, they definitely needed this to stoke some fan interest. I for one am going to buy tickets for the opener now.

I have zero knowledge about the CFL salary cap. Are the Lions still in decent shape to keep adding despite the 700k on Reilly?

Apparently. Rumours claim the Lions have agreed to a contract with Duron Carter.

They also are expected to sign top free agent offensive lineman Sukh Chungh, and are in on the top two defensive linemen Willie Jefferson and Micah Johnson. Oh, and we’re also looking at top receiver from Edmonton Derel Walker.

This could be a huge day for the Lions. If we land all those guys, I have no clue how they can afford the rest of the roster, but this also would set us up very nicely as favorites for the Grey Cup.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
More Canadian content: former SFU receiver, and Calgary Stampeders receiver Lemar Durant has signed a 1-year deal with the BC Lions.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Pretty good morning so far. Been a while since I was excited for an upcoming season but I'm already there.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Ok so Ed Hervey is going for it. Damn right. Im getting season tickets.

Fixed that for you ;)

Edmonton is also loading up, and Bo Levi Mitchell is back in Calgary. The West is going to be a dog fight, but at least we look to have some good talent to be able to slug it out with.

Still waiting for the official announcement of Duron Carter, and hoping for Derel Walker as well. And on D, if we can land Micah Johnson and/or Willie Jefferson it won't be fair for opposing offensive lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad