Injury Report: PAP green light to practice with team; Emelin min 1 week; Gonchar back next week

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
*****ing aside, seriously what is the latest on Emelin and PAP?

I know PAP is really close. Probably back with the team next game even. If not within a game or two, he's 100% http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=755211 "“I don’t think I’m more fragile now. We were extremely careful and we followed the protocol to the letter. That’s why I don’t think I’m more vulnerable than usual. On the contrary, I’m feeling more confident on the ice and I’m excited to get back and play,”" from Feb 25th

Emelin I don't think there has been an update since the '1 week and then re-evaluated' and the 1 week is coming up today or tomorrow. So hopefully more news then since it was unclear if it was longer term or not in the early reports.

Gonchar I'm not entirely sure on, but thinking he could be back even against TO based on what I'm getting from this thread but I may be jumping the gun.

EDIT: Found this quote from Gonchar on the 23rd "“As it is right now we’re going day by day. Today was a big step. I started skating with the team – without any contact – but it’s only Day 1. We don’t have a set plan yet; we’re just seeing how my body reacts,” from here, http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=754788, so he's really close too. Looks like he rotated with Tinordi on D in practice before CBJ game so likely he'll be back very soon.

Pricef*

I know PAP is really close. Probably back with the team next game even. If not within a game or two, he's 100% http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=755211 "“I don’t think I’m more fragile now. We were extremely careful and we followed the protocol to the letter. That’s why I don’t think I’m more vulnerable than usual. On the contrary, I’m feeling more confident on the ice and I’m excited to get back and play,â€" from Feb 25th

Emelin I don't think there has been an update since the '1 week and then re-evaluated' and the 1 week is coming up today or tomorrow. So hopefully more news then since it was unclear if it was longer term or not in the early reports.

Gonchar I'm not entirely sure on, but thinking he could be back even against TO based on what I'm getting from this thread but I may be jumping the gun.

EDIT: Found this quote from Gonchar on the 23rd "“As it is right now we’re going day by day. Today was a big step. I started skating with the team – without any contact – but it’s only Day 1. We don’t have a set plan yet; we’re just seeing how my body reacts,†from here, http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=754788, so he's really close too. Looks like he rotated with Tinordi on D in practice before CBJ game so likely he'll be back very soon.

Thank you sir

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
With the return of PAP and the addition of DSP (dynamite), Weise will most likely drop to the 4th line.

RW : Gallagher-PAP-DSP-Weise
LW : Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Prust-Bournival
C : DD-Pleks-Eller-DLR

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Who does PAP bump?

Can't imagine its anybody but Bournival or Malholtra who take the hit here. Depends on the wing/center usage as its been all over the place lately. My guess.. probably Bournival sits and Chuck or Eller swap to left wing.

LW: Patches, Chuck, Eller, Prust
C: DD, Pleks, DLR, Malholtra
RW: Gally, DSP, PAP, Weise

That's my idea. But much can be done with our centers moving to wing or back and so Malholtra could easily be out too if they wanted.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I honestly forgot PAP was on this team.
Pz3KrGQ.gif

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Emelin is skating today!!!!!

Canadiens Montréal @CanadiensMTL · 1 h il y a 1 heure
Alexei Emelin patine en solitaire ce matin./Emelin skating alone this morning. #gohabsgo

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
With the return of PAP and the addition of DSP (dynamite), Weise will most likely drop to the 4th line.

RW : Gallagher-PAP-DSP-Weise
LW : Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Prust-Bournival
C : DD-Pleks-Eller-DLR

Eller at C and DLR moved down is so much better than having MM in the line up.
Now if we could just swap DD + something for Vermette and have Pleks,Vermette,Eller,DLR down the middle we'd be good to go. Dreaming.

HabsDieHard*

Eller at C and DLR moved down is so much better than having MM in the line up.
Now if we could just swap DD + something for Vermette and have Pleks,Vermette,Eller,DLR down the middle we'd be good to go. Dreaming.

It really isn't dreaming at all. It's a very plausible outcome.

It just depends on if Bergevin is actually interested in building a cup winning team or if he cares more about placating the Francophone fan base.

No GM in the world can possibly look at Desharnais play and feel he can be part of a teams' top 6 center group and have success in the playoffs.

So it really is just a question of what Bergevin cares about more.

And this deadline will be a big indicator.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
It really isn't dreaming at all. It's a very plausible outcome.

It just depends on if Bergevin is actually interested in building a cup winning team or if he cares more about placating the Francophone fan base.

No GM in the world can possibly look at Desharnais play and feel he can be part of a teams' top 6 center group and have success in the playoffs.

So it really is just a question of what Bergevin cares about more.

And this deadline will be a big indicator.

Vermette is from Quebec too though. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->