Injury Report: PAP green light to practice with team; Emelin min 1 week; Gonchar back next week

eastcoast72

Sep 19, 2011
He may have less than average speed but he is still an upgrade on Christian Thomas

PAP
1 goal in last 22 games
averaging 16 mins of top 6 ice time incl. power play time

Thomas
1 goal in last 17 games
averaging 9 mins of 4th line ice time, zero power play time

An upgrade ? Really ? Where ?
If you wanna keep PAP in the line-up solely for his shoot-out skills, fine.
But I'll take Thomas' hustle, speed and determination over PAP any day.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Great news about the guys not being out too long. Makes me more excited about the trade deadline too. Parenteau back won't hurt. He's about the only guy with finishing skills outside of Chucky, Patches and Plecky (somewhat) and this team can only score when they're completely overwhelming opponents. They need to score more dirty goals.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Actually Parentau has been playing well below his regular season average. Assuming it was bad luck and considering the law of averages he is due for some good luck when he gets back.

But ya I still don't get that move. Bergevin basically had Briere off the books at the end of the season but instead it's like he extended it by another year by taking on PaP who has zero playoff experience. Anybody believe in miracles?
I think they were hoping for him to be more injury prone so some of the young guys get a look :sarcasm:

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Great news about the guys not being out too long. Makes me more excited about the trade deadline too. Parenteau back won't hurt. He's about the only guy with finishing skills outside of Chucky, Patches and Plecky (somewhat) and this team can only score when they're completely overwhelming opponents. They need to score more dirty goals.

Reread what you posted. So we put him back in and hope whoever is the other winger is busting tail in the corners all game..bring on The Weise

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
PAP
1 goal in last 22 games

Thomas
1 goal in last 17 games

Thomas is a good kid with a nice shot and some hustle, but his one goal doesn't leapfrog him over an established, productive NHL winger. Sure, we all want more from Parenteau, but there's a better chance of getting decent production from him than from Thomas.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Mostly a wasted season for PAP and he never really got it going.

Season ain't finished. Post-season hasn't begun. Not saying Parenteau is going to pull a 2010-Briere out of his helmet, but I think we're underestimating the value he could bring for this goal-starved team.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
PAP
1 goal in last 22 games

Thomas
1 goal in last 17 games

I'll take PAPs NHL quality game personnally. I think you're too focused on the shiny young players and miss out on how well veteran players play the game.

Dec 2, 2010
Season ain't finished. Post-season hasn't begun. Not saying Parenteau is going to pull a 2010-Briere out of his helmet, but I think we're underestimating the value he could bring for this goal-starved team.
Crazy how much people **** on certain players for just about nothing.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Put Parenteau back with Galchenyuk and Plekanec when he's back and he'll produce. The most productive he's been all year was with those two, we need offence badly and he can help a lot when he comes back.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
I don't get the debate PAP vs Thomas. We can have both and sit Malhotra.

PAP slots next to Plekanec and Chucky, putting Eller back on the third line with Sekac and Thomas, DLR takes Manny's spot on the 4th line with Prust and Weise.

You can't argue we're not a better team with PAP instead of Manny...

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Thomas is a good kid with a nice shot and some hustle, but his one goal doesn't leapfrog him over an established, productive NHL winger. Sure, we all want more from Parenteau, but there's a better chance of getting decent production from him than from Thomas.

Stop that! Too much logic and wisdom!

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Anybody hear any news about Emelin returning shortly? Surprised they sent down Tinordi if they are planning to play Weaver over him on his wrong side. It's been a week so that fits that Emelin could be close.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Anybody hear any news about Emelin returning shortly? Surprised they sent down Tinordi if they are planning to play Weaver over him on his wrong side. It's been a week so that fits that Emelin could be close.

Weaver needs the audition. He was a beast last year.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Pap is terrible, a buyout candidate imo. I really hope we can upgrade wing without having to rely on that out-of-shape, washed up, bum.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Weaver needs the audition. He was a beast last year.

Man I fell in love quick with Weaver last year. No arguments there. But I don't know if he's ever played on his left much, but I think Vets have a better chance of being able to do that than young kids so he may pull it off. Haven't seen him the same way as much this year but yeah he won me over so huge last year. He was a warrior for sure.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa

It could be Gonchar comes back and plays on the left to help audition Pateryn and mentor him like he did for Beaulieu.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

If it's dirt you're looking for, PAP ain't gonna get it for you. I don't think he ever scored a dirty goal.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Why not? Have you seen the size of PAP's nuggin? Imagine what he can hide in that helmet.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
The negativity over Parenteau is so embarrassing. Some of you are actually clamouring for Thomas (who's been good, admittedly) over a proven NHL veteran? Give me a break...

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
It could be Gonchar comes back and plays on the left to help audition Pateryn and mentor him like he did for Beaulieu.

Oh if Gonchar is coming back that easily explains it, I have more faith in him playing both sides. I'm a bit out of the loop on his timeframe but it I hope he is back vs Toronto. No Clarkson to hurt him again, Horton's ghost won't be hurting anybody.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->