Injury Report: PAP green light to practice with team; Emelin min 1 week; Gonchar back next week

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Is it wrong of me to kinda wish PaP was on the IR for the rest of the year ? :help: He just brings down every line he's on speed wise.

Montreal+Canadiens+v+Philadelphia+Flyers+0tx2vevVDKbl.jpg

Guys wait for me !

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Is it wrong of me to kinda wish PaP was on the IR for the rest of the year ? :help: He just brings down every line he's on speed wise.

we need secondary scoring. if he can get going at all...eller and sekac both seemed to play better with him in the line-up, galchenyuk and gallagher too.

i think PAP will bring some life to the offense.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

I highly doubt PAP will bring anything to the table for the rest of the season. I hope MT realizes this and doesn't play him ahead of Sekac.

Baring a trade, I think our best bet for an infusion of offence is from Ghetto and or Hudon.

bentheprop

Oct 28, 2006
St Catharines, ON
I highly doubt PAP will bring anything to the table for the rest of the season. I hope MT realizes this and doesn't play him ahead of Sekac.

Baring a trade, I think our best bet for an infusion of offence is from Ghetto and or Hudon.

You're hoping that MT makes a smart lineup decision? Don't hold your breath.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Glad that Emelin is coming back soon, this guy is a tank! I'm also happy to see Parenteau back soon, hopefully he can play the way he was playing at the beginning of the season.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Glad that Emelin is coming back soon, this guy is a tank! I'm also happy to see Parenteau back soon, hopefully he can play the way he was playing at the beginning of the season.

Actually Parentau has been playing well below his regular season average. Assuming it was bad luck and considering the law of averages he is due for some good luck when he gets back.

But ya I still don't get that move. Bergevin basically had Briere off the books at the end of the season but instead it's like he extended it by another year by taking on PaP who has zero playoff experience. Anybody believe in miracles?

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I hope Emelin isn't rushed back, especially since the prospects are getting a good try out. 3-4 more games would be great.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Actually Parentau has been playing well below his regular season average. Assuming it was bad luck and considering the law of averages he is due for some good luck when he gets back.

But ya I still don't get that move. Bergevin basically had Briere off the books at the end of the season but instead it's like he extended it by another year by taking on PaP who has zero playoff experience. Anybody believe in miracles?

You're right about Parenteau shooting below his average. I noticed that awhile ago. In theory, as you said, he's due to have a few more pucks go in the net if he continues shooting.

Even if he's not exactly a powerhouse, he's still stronger on the puck than Briere and can generate more chances. Give him a couple of weeks to regain his form; he might bring more offence than many are expecting.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
I'm personally excited to have Parenteau back. Depth is a great thing to have, shootout points are important, as demonstrated vs. Florida. Another shooter to play with Desharnais could be beneficial...

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
I hope Emelin isn't rushed back, especially since the prospects are getting a good try out. 3-4 more games would be great.

I like Emelin but agree. In fact, I hope neither he or Gonchar is rushed back. I would like to see Pateryn and Tinordi get more ice time so they can be properly evaluated against NHL talent.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Dont like Parenteau in the top 6...

Me neither. But it does make sense for the rest of the lineup. And we know he will put it in the net from time to time.

I don't line PAP, but his presence will slightly upgrade the lineup, and maybe the Power Play a bit. Better than nothing.

Pricef*

We must do something to improve our top 6 and Sekac nor Eller are the answer.

ROSSter

Jul 5, 2011
Fingers crossed the boys stay healthy. Having Gonchar and Emelin back so soon is a nice surprise. Biggest plus is that it should help rest markov and subban. The two surely can't keep up this pace of heavy minutes and still be fresh to go in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad