Panzer, Sherman, Tiger, T-34, Abrams

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Like it or not, the Wild are going where no Wild team has gone before, right to the bottom.

Last in the division last year, perhaps the conference this year?

Feel bad for Bruce, not his fault at all.

Reactions: Aceofspades

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'll give it 5 games of line tinkering before I start worrying. I'd also like to see them play at home a few times, but it'll be November before we see 5 of those.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i feel bad for bruce & billy. im not ready to throw in the towel just yet but nobody outside of wild fans are picking us to do anything. what are the vegas odds of the wild winning the cup?

Aceofspades

Mar 24, 2017
Finland
Greg-Foot-Scientific-Adventure-Deep-Ocean-Lab-3-Sub-Ext-closer-against-blue-OPTIMISED-100-1024x559.jpg

Here we come, will harvest only the best prospects.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I would speculate that if there is no promise in the game in the first half a full tanking operation will commence, my guess this has also been communicated to the veteran core at least.

Highly doubtful. Spurgeon doesn't or isn't re-signed (with a full NMC) if this is the case. I don't see any of Parise, Suter, or Zucc playing not to win. The GM saying something like that to the players will probably make him unpopular in the locker room. The Wild just got rid of an disliked GM. I don't see BB going along with this plan either.

The only non-RFAs that with any value that could be traded are Zucker (partial NTC), Brodin, Staal, Foligno, and Dumba.

If the season goes bad the GM will probably ask if the players with NMCs will be willing to be traded to "x" team.

P10p

May 15, 2012
1. Teams too good to tank
2. We played one game against a team that has won b2b division titles in their home opener. Grow up.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Even if we make the playoffs this team is still flawed. Our veterans are now at the point where they are getting to be too old. Our young forwards don't appear to be very good. We have the defense of a playoff team and Spurgeon, Dumba and Brodin are in or near their prime but that isn't enough. That said, if Kaprizov and Boldy are as advertised and we are bad enough to get a great pick this year we might not be bad for very long.

Aceofspades

Mar 24, 2017
Finland
Even if we make the playoffs this team is still flawed. Our veterans are now at the point where they are getting to be too old. Our young forwards don't appear to be very good. We have the defense of a playoff team and Spurgeon, Dumba and Brodin are in or near their prime but that isn't enough. That said, if Kaprizov and Boldy are as advertised and we are bad enough to get a great pick this year we might not be bad for very long.

Most likely so but there is potential for a miracle run.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Thread title in order...

Panzer
untitled-design-20-1.jpg

Sherman
A_Sherman_tank_of_8th_Armoured_Brigade_in_Kevelaer_Germany_4_March_1945._B15145-5ee92fd41e4040bab305638b2f6b8fcf.jpg

Tiger
Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-022-2935-10A_Russland_Panzer_VI_Tiger_I.jpg

T-34
Soviet-T-34-tanks-abandoned-after-a-battle-with-German-forces-01.jpg

Abrams
5320036.jpg

4 famous WWII tanks and one modern tank.

Last edited:

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Should remove the Abrams, Panzer, Sherman, and T-34 since they were quite reliable. The Tiger on the other hand is fitting. When everything is working it is one of the best out there, but they are seldom ever even close to 100%.
b14n8nalp0611.jpg

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Way too early to say anything about this season.

Agreed. Geez only one loss here guys. They have depth everywhere. As long as Duby is at the top of his game they will be just fine.
I remember the early days of the franchise when there were hardly any expectations. Things have changed.

How did the Wild improve from their last place finish in the division last season, besides most of their cap getting older?

Not gonna grind your way to many victories in this highly skilled division, full of younger, better players.

Agree, feel sorry for Bill too. He has a chance to rebuild the team tho, Bruce is likely to be a scapegoat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad