Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Last edited:

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Leafs would be interested if we could make the cap work...

When Dermott comes back we could have Sandin and Pysyk swap in the bottom RD depending on the team were playing (more defensive game - pysyk, more offensive- sandin)

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Leafs would be interested if we could make the cap work...

When Dermott comes back we could have Sandin and Pysyk swap in the bottom RD depending on the team were playing (more defensive game - pysyk, more offensive- sandin)

Doesn't work unless they're dumping Ceci

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Doesn't work unless they're dumping Ceci

I'd love if they dumped Ceci. He's made a couple of nice offensive plays but on a whole he's looked very uncomfortable. He belongs on the bottom pairing and the Leafs can't have a 4.5M defenseman there.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Yep, for some dumb reason.

Do they not get that they're in a "win it or quit it" situation with contracts for Hoffman and Dadonov coming up next year? Make the push, lose the player to FA. If you don't win it, oh well, at least you didn't p****-foot out of a prime situation.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Extremely overpaid #6, can't see any takers unless Florida retains a lot

$2.75 mil is a lot of a #6... but there's teams out there paying much more for much worse players. I bet someone bites but the return won't be anything great for sure. Might have to take back a useless player that's making a bit less.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Do the Panthers need to be cap neutral in a trade?

hockeyguru

Sep 10, 2019
the avalanche could be the team that gets him. they demoted timmins and have over 7 million dollars of cap space.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Brandon Manning expects to be a big hit with the Blackhawks

“When Stan and Joel talked to me, they talked about how they see me as a player. I was like, ‘That’s bang on,’” Manning said. “That’s who I am, that’s what I take pride in. Take pride in my defense, maybe chip in (offensively) once in a while, play physical. They’re like, ‘That’s what we need, that’s what we’re looking for.’”
It’s easy to see why Bowman and Quenneville were drawn to Manning, a 6-foot-1, 205-pound defenseman with a left-handed shot who made his NHL debut with the Flyers in 2012 and began seeing regular playing time in 2015-16. He’s a team-first, physical player whom teammates love and some opponents, well, don’t.

Everybody hates it but Manning for Pysyk.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Extremely overpaid #6, can't see any takers unless Florida retains a lot

Do the Panthers need to be cap neutral in a trade?

Pretty much, 800K in cap space.

Tallon has hinted he has a LD on the wishlist item. Were pretty deep with forward prospects, especially on the wing.

We do need C and RD prospects though. Anyway Zadorov is available if we add something to Pysyk?

Brendan Smith shoots left, plays either side.
Not convinced final pre-season and 1st two games = return to form when we extended him.
He is grit, tuffness, and can swing bottom 6 LW also if nec, but versatile.
One bottom feeder for another, in principle as to core of deal.

Smith is 4.35 x 2
Rangers eat half = 2.175
lose 2.75 - 2.175 added = 575 instant savings for FL
when you are ready to move on, you can eat up to half one mo time for the final yr and that is ridiculous 1+, you won't need to go there.

Brandon Crawley is a lefty shot D on last yr elc.
4th round selection, he is getting overtaken by primer beef.

Not saying this is final, but something along these lines....

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Brendan Smith shoots left, plays either side.
Not convinced final pre-season and 1st two games = return to form when we extended him.
He is grit, tuffness, and can swing bottom 6 LW also if nec, but versatile.
One bottom feeder for another, in principle as to core of deal.

Smith is 4.35 x 2
Rangers eat half = 2.175
lose 2.75 - 2.175 added = 575 instant savings for FL
when you are ready to move on, you can eat up to half one mo time for the final yr and that is ridiculous 1+, you won't need to go there.

Brandon Crawley is a lefty shot D on last yr elc.
4th round selection, he is getting overtaken by primer beef.

Not saying this is final, but something along these lines....

Would prefer to retain 700k to $1 million on Pysyk and get a 3rd round + 4th/5th in off-setting years or mid level prospect.
Feel if we were to go after a LD, it'd be an upgrade like a 2nd pairing D and we add pick and/or prospect.
Otherwise we're just shuffling deck chairs and don't see the benefit for either teams.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Tallon has hinted he has a LD on the wishlist item. Were pretty deep with forward prospects, especially on the wing.

We do need C and RD prospects though. Anyway Zadorov is available if we add something to Pysyk?

I'm not a Colorado fan, so I can't speak for the fan base on that.

Maybe Kamenev for Pysyk? Going with need and value?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->