Pre-Game Talk: Panthers vs the Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Figured I would get a pregame thread going. Hope we can stop the skid!

At least Barkov looked very good offensively yesterday from the highlights I watched yesterday.

It would be nice to find that defensive game we had before though.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Hartnell-Dubinsky-Anderson
Foligno-Johansen-Morin
Calvert-Wennberg-Atkinson
Tropp-Letestu-Skille

Johnson-Savard
Connauton-Wisniewski
Prout-Tyutin

McElhinney

Jackets lineup.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Must win. The math is a lot harder to catch the WC now. So we need to capitalize on teams lower in the standings.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hartnell-Dubinsky-Anderson
Foligno-Johansen-Morin
Calvert-Wennberg-Atkinson
Tropp-Letestu-Skille

Johnson-Savard
Connauton-Wisniewski
Prout-Tyutin

McElhinney

Jackets lineup.
Morin was reinjured last night, so it's questionable whether or not he makes the lineup. Atkinson's been on the Foligno-Johansen line.

On the bright side (for us), Anisimov and Murray are getting close to being back, so they might make it. We don't know for sure, tho.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
We really need to find a way to stop giving up the first goal. Which defensemen will it be with the blunderous error? We have campbell, olsen, and kulikov going on a pretty good rotation right now.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Morin was reinjured last night, so it's questionable whether or not he makes the lineup. Atkinson's been on the Foligno-Johansen line.

On the bright side (for us), Anisimov and Murray are getting close to being back, so they might make it. We don't know for sure, tho.

I just copied the lineup from your last GDT.

We really need to find a way to stop giving up the first goal. Which defensemen will it be with the blunderous error? We have campbell, olsen, and kulikov going on a pretty good rotation right now.

It's mostly been Olsen and Ekblad. Ekblad has had a few rough games in a row.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Damn Curtis McElhinney has won 4 straight starts.

At least ekblad has the excuse of being 18 and he more than makes up for it with his offense.

Last night yes, but against the Oilers and Canucks nope. Obviously not hating on him but to not include him in messing up defensively just isn't accurate.

Well, before last night.

The play on Miller's goal was really bad.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I think it's easy to point the finger at one or two guys, but as I've learned about the makeup of this team I've come to the conclusion that it's never just one or two guys. Gallant verbally admitted that the only way we win is every guy playing well and working hard. Is that the best recipe for success? Don't ask me. I don't know. But, that's what this team is from here on out. You can sit there and say well replace Olsen, he's bad for Guddy and sit [insert latest whipping boy]. It doesn't matter what modifications we make. Even if just one guy isn't on his game, the whole team suffers.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Was our record 13 games in a row without a win?

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Looks the Thornton "should" be in, but for who?

We really need a 7th Dman to get some competition for the 6th spot. Maybe call up Petro and have him in a few games.

Kevin4762

Jan 7, 2015
Olson was -1 last game and was +1 during an 8-2 beatdown against Winnipeg. He's been +/- 0 since the start of our 5 game losing streak. Just wanna throw that out there.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Olson was -1 last game and was +1 during an 8-2 beatdown against Winnipeg. He's been +/- 0 since the start of our 5 game losing streak. Just wanna throw that out there.

You mean OlsEn? And probably because Gallant barely gives him ice time cuz he sucks :laugh: Seriously though, he makes some junior hockey mistakes.

FlaPantherSwe*

Hello follow Panthers fans! Been browsing this forum everyday since my first live Panthers game in 2009. I finaly got myself too sign up and hopefully i get accepted by youre community of hardcore Panthers fans like myself. Will be joining the upcoming game talk tomorrow night. Hopefully we get to post many of those kermit gifs :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 19, 2006
Hello follow Panthers fans! Been browsing this forum everyday since my first live Panthers game in 2009. I finaly got myself too sign up and hopefully i get accepted by youre community of hardcore Panthers fans like myself. Will be joining the upcoming game talk tomorrow night. Hopefully we get to post many of those kermit gifs :).

Welcome aboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad