Pre-Game Talk: Panthers vs Stars 2-13-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
So, we probably could use a win I guess.. Probably gotta shutdown Seguin+Benn.

It's interesting how I actually am pretty bummed about Kulikov potentially being out for this one. Last year he was so terrible at this point I think a lot of fans wanted him gone just to be gone regardless of the return of a trade. Kulikov definitely looks like he's trying to do less this year and its made him better, imo.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

It's interesting how I actually am pretty bummed about Kulikov potentially being out for this one. Last year he was so terrible at this point I think a lot of fans wanted him gone just to be gone regardless of the return of a trade. Kulikov definitely looks like he's trying to do less this year and its made him better, imo.

He's really starting to get into the offensive game after getting his defensive end sorted out being paired with Mitchell. I think he's understanding that he has one wicked shot, and he needs to utilize it more, especially as a go to shot on the #2 PP unit (by utilize it, I mean hit the net consistently!)

I am assuming Al is in net tonight?

Is Mitchell back? Assuming so, our D is?:
Campbell - Ekblad
Mitchell - Guddy
Petro - Kampfer

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Don't think Mitchell made the trip.

Hope Kuli isn't out long, he's been IMO our #1 guy.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Were going with 3 AHL dmen? Tallon needs to make a move for NHL dman NOW

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

Too late to trade for anyone really.

Just got to suck it up tonight and hope Mitchell's day to day isn't month to month. :(

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
So assuming Kulikov's out, the Panthers are playing one of the best offensive teams in the league, that's rested, while they are playing the second of a b2b with their backup in net and 3 AHL defensemen. This could get ugly.

Mitchell will be back Tuesday.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Kulikov has improved since last year. But if kampfer keeps playing this way. I would argue that one of campbell/kulikov can easily be replaced by him in order to net us a JVR/Kessel/Etc.

Just saying.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Dan Weiss just tweeted that all Rampage defensemen are in Grand Rapids and were at morning skate so no one has been called up. Assuming this means Kulikov is ok.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Dan Weiss just tweeted that all Rampage defensemen are in Grand Rapids and were at morning skate so no one has been called up. Assuming this means Kulikov is ok.

Here's hoping. The injury happened with under two minutes left in the game, so hard to really tell. He was limping towards the bench after really going into the end boards awkwardly.

So this means if Mitchell is with the team, he is good to go, or Kuli is going to tough it out and go tonight.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida

This is why I'm glad fans are just fans, and Dale is the GM.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
no one was called up yet...all of the Rampage players were at practice today. Maybe Mitchell flew in to Dallas?

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
Here's hoping. The injury happened with under two minutes left in the game, so hard to really tell. He was limping towards the bench after really going into the end boards awkwardly.

So this means if Mitchell is with the team, he is good to go, or Kuli is going to tough it out and go tonight

Mitchell didn't make the trip

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
lehtonen in net tonight

Hopefully Lehtonen will be letin 'em in tonight!

QzkPlLG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad