Friedman: Panthers trying to trade Keith Yandle

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
To FLA
Jason Demers

To ARI
Keith Yandle (25% retention)
I’d do that. We could taxi squad Demers, or just be the 7th D, for the season and then he comes off the books this offseason (ironically along with the retention we made in that deal). And then the next two years will just be retaining 1.58per on Yandle. It’s like buying him out but for just two years instead of four years on the books and it’s not a high hit. If he’s willing to waive for arizona which I’d like to think he would, then yeah I’d do this, personally

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Would the Cats retain to send Yandle to St. Louis? They desperately need help on the PP and he could be their guy.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Would the Cats retain to send Yandle to St. Louis? They desperately need help on the PP and he could be their guy.
Bruh....krug, Dunn, faulk, Parayko, scandella....wheres he fitting in?
and why would we give up other assets for that.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Bruh....krug, Dunn, faulk, Parayko, scandella....wheres he fitting in?
and why would we give up other assets for that.

Addition through subtraction. We need a PP that works and we don't have the parts. Yandle can do that and if the Cats retain, hell, why not?

D this season is an absolute disaster and bringing in someone like Yandle would be a step up, not a step-down... and did you really try to compare Yandle to Scandella? 0_0

In a hypothetical world, I'd take Yandle over some of what we got, and I doubt I'm the only one.

Binny is getting hung out to dry, it'd be nice to have special teams actually working like they're supposed to for a change, to help him out.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Addition through subtraction. We need a PP that works and we don't have the parts. Yandle can do that and if the Cats retain, hell, why not?

D this season is an absolute disaster and bringing in someone like Yandle would be a step up, not a step-down... and did you really try to compare Yandle to Scandella? 0_0

In a hypothetical world, I'd take Yandle over some of what we got, and I doubt I'm the only one.

Binny is getting hung out to dry, it'd be nice to have special teams actually working like they're supposed to for a change, to help him out.
Obviously I wasn’t comparing him to Scandella. I was just stating the absolute locks in our D-core.

Yandle doesn’t fill what we need and krug isn’t the issue on the top unit.

And if we need anything on D to help binner on special teams, it’s on the PK.

I’m not as worried about the PP right now, tho I’d like to see Hoffman and Perron on the flanks, krug at the top, ROR bumper and schenn net front which is what they had in camp and once the season started they switched it up since Hoffman was out for the first game.

and if you’re worried about binner being left out to dry....Yandle wouldn’t be the type of D you’re looking for.

tho I’d love the sonks

Reactions: GoldenSeal

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’d do that. We could taxi squad Demers, or just be the 7th D, for the season and then he comes off the books this offseason (ironically along with the retention we made in that deal). And then the next two years will just be retaining 1.58per on Yandle. It’s like buying him out but for just two years instead of four years on the books and it’s not a high hit. If he’s willing to waive for arizona which I’d like to think he would, then yeah I’d do this, personally
Fax the papers.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
I needed a laugh.

Why is he not worth a 1st to the point its laughable? We drafted him in the first and he's now finally developed into a solid power forward. I personally wouldn't make the trade as a Panther fan, but it's not laughable by any means.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Why is he not worth a 1st to the point its laughable? We drafted him in the first and he's now finally developed into a solid power forward. I personally wouldn't make the trade as a Panther fan, but it's not laughable by any means.
He's a sub .5 PPG 3rd liner at this point in his career who doesn't provide an elite defensive game. That's a guy you get on day 4 of free agency for 1.7 AAV. Only really dumb GMs pay a 1st rounder for a guy like Lawson Crouse.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
There was a rumor that Yandle was traded to Boston in a 3 way deal(including the Islanders) but he rejected it. Anybody have any clue what would have been involved. As an Islanders fan I don't see how we are involved unless Florida wants a defenseman back and we give them Hickey and Boston dumps a contract to us

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Not a fan of bumping old threads, but figured this fits the bill.

After a good start to the year, it's looking more and more like he's only in the line-up to keep the streak alive. Recently he's barely cracked 10 minutes TOI.

No idea what Zito plans to do with him, but there has to be a reason why Q hasn't scratched him by now. It sure as hell isn't because he's playing well, and I don't buy the public outcry excuse. Anyone that watches him play knows that streak is artificially kept alive, his fellow NHL players aren't stupid. And I bet Yandle gets chirped about it in every game now.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Was benched the whole third period tonight I believe. Our new college signing, kiersted, is getting nearly as much ice time (got 10 shifts in the 3rd to yandle’s 0)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad