GDT: Panthers @ Stars 07:30 CST

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
We were a better team last year . With seguin , radulov and bishop . no Robertson and a not as good hintz . Next year we will have a healthy radulov and seguin plus sophomore Robertson and hintz 2.0 , there’s no reason to think we have to make major moves to be in contention IMHO.

Nobody doubts that Dallas is good when healthy. The real question is whether or not they have a system and coaching staff that will maximize the roster's talent. Progression's not linear. They have one more season with Pavelski and Radulov. What then? Is a roster without both enough to compete with Tampa/Carolina/Colorado? Nill has always traded (Seguin, Spezza) or bought (Radulov, Bishop, Khudobin, Pavelski) his way into a competitive window. It'll be interesting to see how he responds when it's finally the core driving the team's success.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Nobody doubts that Dallas is good when healthy. The real question is whether or not they have a system and coaching staff that will maximize the roster's talent. Progression's not linear. They have one more season with Pavelski and Radulov. What then? Is a roster without both enough to compete with Tampa/Carolina/Colorado? Nill has always traded (Seguin, Spezza) or bought (Radulov, Bishop, Khudobin, Pavelski) his way into a competitive window. It'll be interesting to see how he responds when it's finally the core driving the team's success.
When pavelski and radulov are gone he will no doubt be spending on other ufa’s . Anyways , I’m in the group that thinks we should more or less forget about this season . The whole project was f****d from the get go . I don’t think we shouldn’t try to add in the off season if we can though , and I doubt nill isn’t going to try .

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
When pavelski and radulov are gone he will no doubt be spending on other ufa’s . Anyways , I’m in the group that thinks we should more or less forget about this season . The whole project was f****d from the get go . I don’t think we shouldn’t try to add in the off season if we can though , and I doubt nill isn’t going to try .

With what money? By the time Pavelski and Radulov are gone, Benn and Seguin's contracts will still be cap anchors until the sun dies, and Miro and Klingberg will have gotten their raise. He's been able to "flash his cheese" because the cheese has been available. Dallas is never gonna be in cap hell or anything, but they're have gonna have a lot less freedom.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
With what money? By the time Pavelski and Radulov are gone, Benn and Seguin's contracts will still be cap anchors until the sun dies, and Miro and Klingberg will have gotten their raise. He's been able to "flash his cheese" because the cheese has been available. Dallas is never gonna be in cap hell or anything, but they're have gonna have a lot less freedom.
If they can get klingberg to sign for less than 7m a year , and get miro on a bridge for less than 6 . Even with oleksiak still around at 4-4.5 m a year they will have about 10 mill in space to sign Robertson , guryanov , whatever other Rfa’s that year . Not a ton of space but if there are good ufa available it shouldn’t be hard to shed faksa .

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
If they can get klingberg to sign for less than 7m a year , and get miro on a bridge for less than 6 . Even with oleksiak still around at 4-4.5 m a year they will have about 10 mill in space to sign Robertson , guryanov , whatever other Rfa’s that year . Not a ton of space but if there are good ufa available it shouldn’t be hard to shed faksa .
with this roster they would have 6 m to upgrade dowling and/or Gardner . That with today’s cap .

Attachments

• 5B6EA2B5-9BD4-4480-B2E2-8CF14A0A8D14.png
    5B6EA2B5-9BD4-4480-B2E2-8CF14A0A8D14.png
    548.3 KB · Views: 11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad