violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
It's day 1 of free agency and were 3-5 months from the season starting if then
I mean with cap space. As of now our roster is:

H-B-T
Connolly-Wennberg-Hörnqvist
Vatrano-Ver-Saarela
Lambert-Acciari-Hinostroza

not terribly exciting I must say. I think Horny and Tippett could do well though

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

H-B-T
Vatrano-Ver-Saarela

not terribly exciting I must say. I think Horny and Tippett could do well though

I trust Zito will somehow get rid of Yandle or Stralman. In the perfect both then sign Barrie to a cheap 1-2 year contract if we cant get Pietro

I think he has more tricks up his sleeve. I can see him signing Dadonov too

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

H-B-T
Vatrano-Ver-Saarela

Not exciting but this is what happens when you draft poorly for the last 10 years. You have to build a culture and when you have no one in the system you gotta go out and get guys that will play the right way. The team isn't going to be fixed in a span of a month or 2. It's going to take some more time. But this is a great start.

We may not score 5 goals every night but you can bet we'll be a pain in the you-know-what to play against, for the first time in a long time.

What's even better is all of these guys are on very good, low risk contracts. If they suck, no harm, can probably move them. If they're good, decide who you want or who you want to move for pieces. It's really a win-win.

Last edited:

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
I trust Zito will somehow get rid of Yandle or Stralman. In the perfect both then sign Barrie to a cheap 1-2 year contract if we cant get Pietro

I think he has more tricks up his sleeve. I can see him signing Dadonov too
Dadonov is declining and he is not “exciting”

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Not exciting but this is what happens when you draft poorly for the last 10 years. You have you build a culture and when you have no one in the system you gotta go out and get guys that will play the right way. The team isn't going to be fixed in a span of a month or 2. It's going to take some more time. But this is a great start.

We may not score 5 goals every night but you can bet we'll be a pain in the you-know-what to play against, for the first time in a long time.

What's even better is all of these guys are on very good, low risk contracts. If they suck, no harm, can probably move them. If they're good, decide who you want or who you want to move for pieces. It's really a win-win.
I somewhat agree: the difference with 2011 is that we have three studs To build around. Disappointing to see a worse offense than last year.

We will still have about 5.5M in cap which could be used to sign someone who doesn’t have the right offers or pull someone in cap hell

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Not exciting but this is what happens when you draft poorly for the last 10 years. You have to build a culture and when you have no one in the system you gotta go out and get guys that will play the right way. The team isn't going to be fixed in a span of a month or 2. It's going to take some more time. But this is a great start.

Lmao what? This is just what Tallon did in 2011 but now Florida would be losing 2 30 goal scorers. It is concerning your tone makes it seem like they are done as this roster is not good.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Lmao what? This is just what Tallon did in 2011 but now Florida would be losing 2 30 goal scorers. It is concerning your tone makes it seem like they are done as this roster is not good.
We aren’t done: we have 5.5m in space.

In 2011, we had no core: now we have a core. We are missing some auxiliary scoring. Looks like we need to bet on Tippett. Hopefully one more signing (I’m guessing Dadanov)

Reactions: MintyFresh88

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
So the strategy is to load up on 3rd and 4th line guys and hope for the best.

It’s probably frustrating to look at right now but you also have to keep in mind that guys like Tippett and Denisenko may be close to ready and you can’t commit to top 6 wingers to big money long term and end up blocking them. Barkov and Huberdeau also need contracts in a few years. I trust Zito has a plan.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
We aren’t done: we have 5.5m in space.

In 2011, we had no core: now we have a core. We are missing some auxiliary scoring. Looks like we need to bet on Tippett. Hopefully one more signing (I’m guessing Dadanov)
I can live with losing 1 of Hoffer or Dads for the price of better D but they will not survive losing both.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Where did I say we were done? This roster isn’t going to be rebuilt in a day. This is a process and there’s more work to be done. But let’s be clear, Zito hasn’t seen the team play a single game. There’s only so much you can or should do without overdoing it too soon.

This is a good start and assuming they make some more tweaks/moves here and there before next season, it will be a step in the right direction as we get the team thinking the right way and the opponents realizing that Florida will no longer be a team that is soft and easy to play against.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
VINNIE HINOSTROZA.png

Reactions: harv33173

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
GM Bill Zito confirms #FlaPanthers
are signing Vinnie Hinostroza, who played for Coach Q back in his Chicago days.

I was asking earlier if he was a Q guy back from the days

Q liked him as a 3rd line energy type who could plug into higher spot when needed and occasionally on PP

Alot of anti-Q people weren't happy thinking Hino was some gem that was a legit top 6 talent so when he was traded they blamed Q and talked up Hino as a future top 6 guy who was deprived chances to star for Hawks by Q utilizing him as a 3rd liner

Hino is not a top 6 talent and how Q utilized him was exactly the player he is

He has good speed and puts in honest effort on ice so that is something Q liked about him in Chicago so I expect you see him as a regular fixture on your 3rd line and occasionally popping into top 6 or on PP

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Another thing to mention about this guy is I’m pretty sure he’s solid in shootouts...a nice bonus.
Yeah, beat Lu pretty easily and beat another team using the same move (forehand-backhand). He can take Sasha’s spot since he completely forgot how to score, haha

-ghoste

Reactions: Cold Cat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->