Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign Gusev to a 1M contract for the remainder of 2020-21

JEFFREY87

Oct 9, 2020
All we need now is Vatanen on waivers and my wish list is complete and all we gave up was a 3rd lol

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
There’s no risk. As others have said he’ll be cheap and can be buried whenever. Why not take the chance?

Yeah good point. Especially if it keeps Lomberg out of the lineup.

We didn’t give up anything, so I’m good with this. Let’s see what he can do.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
i love this get... its like malgin with more skill :P this kid should be able to find his minutes here.. but if we start putting him in the 4th line...

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I think we might have something great with Gusev Barkov and Duke. This has nothing but low risk high reward written all over it.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
People keep pulling charts on twitter

Like, buddy, it's 250 K for 15 games....and considering the forwards AND D that have been deployed for 7+ games now, why even complain

Lmfao

Like seriously, its 250K out of the 16+ million that was available.

Anyway, I'm still hanging on to false hope for Hall

Hall Barkov Gusev
Huberdeau Verhaeghe Duclair
Vatrano Wennberg Hornqvist
Marchment Acciari whoever

In before Swag won't be center

Last edited:

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida

Like, buddy, it's 250 K for 15 games....and considering the forwards AND D that have been deployed for 7+ games now, why even complain

Lmfao

Hall Barkov Gusev

Yeah I understand showing analytical stuff for impactful signings with multiple years to show how effective a player could be over the course of several seasons. For this, what's the point?

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
I think we might have something great with Gusev Barkov and Duke. This has nothing but low risk high reward written all over it.
They say Gusev is slow. Hubey and Duke switch so that you have Shaggy Duke and Vinny, then Horny Cookie and Tippett,

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

Lmfao

Hall Barkov Gusev

Seriously who cares? Is it your money? People are weird lol

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
View attachment 420472

These guys both have horrible numbers (even relative to their bad teams). At this point I’m down to say screw it let’s give it a chance because making no moves is clearly not going to work. Just don’t expect the defense to improve with these guys.

And Keith yandle has good numbers, so I’m not inclined to take them at face value.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
And Keith yandle has good numbers, so I’m not inclined to take them at face value.
Which is fine but they’re just the on ice results turned into a chart. With Yandle on the ice in the small sample of games we have this year we tend to outshoot the opposition and outshoot them in areas where you’re more likely to score.

Not worth pretending that any of us have ever closely watched Montour and Gusev so we can let the numbers speak. Reading feedback from fans that have watched them closely, the numbers are painting an accurate picture as they tend to (but not always) do.

I’m all for hoping for a turnaround given a change in scenery but I’ll acknowledge that it would definitely be a turnaround and not a continuation of what they’ve been doing.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
A very good signing. Panthers pay little for a player that might help in scoring goals and winning games. A lot of things can happen after this season but it's nice to see that they want to improve the roster for this spring too. Zito is showing us and the team that they really want to become successful. Barkov seems to be very excited about what the GM is doing and this signing is again a step to the right direction.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I feel really good about this signing. If anyone can rehabilitate Gusev, it's Barkov. This adds sorely needed depth to our forward group and is a super low risk/high reward type transaction. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad