Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign Gusev to a 1M contract for the remainder of 2020-21

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Better than Marchment
Probably, because March’s hands are a downgrade from Duke’s, who also has trouble handling the puck. Barky could use a bit of mini-magic when he does his mega-magic and gets the puck to the guy. March, no matter how hard he tries, just can’t hack it.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
New Daddy.

How much worse could he be than what we are using? At least if he sucks we dont feel bad to bury him.

Upside play. Long odds though
That’s how I view it actually: he’ll be fine. In the ideal world Tippett would play but Q doesn’t trust him. After this Marchment experiment I’m excited for more depth

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Zito definitely going from hero to zero pretty quick.
I disagree: he saw the prices, recognizes Ekblad is out and is making smart moves

Montour is a fine addition. Would I have preferred Savard? Yeah but I’d prefer to keep the first given the situation.

Gusev is a good player who had a tough season; we will sign him for a million. Gusev wants to be here as well (loves Miami area) and should help out Bob.

The big change this weekend is that the top guys (Foligno, Savard and Hall) are all likely to be traded for first round picks and that’s not smart given our situation

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Agreed. Don’t think we are there yet to be trading our 1st round pick away (even if it is towards the end of the round). I mean maybe if Ek wasn’t injured but even still just a maybe.

Z still needs to trim fat to get us to the next level but will most likely be during the off-season. So even though we are in a good position now, don’t think we are close to ‘going for it’ yet.

-ghoste

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Agreed. Don’t think we are there yet to be trading our 1st round pick away (even if it is towards the end of the round). I mean maybe if Ek wasn’t injured but even still just a maybe.

Z still needs to trim fat to get us to the next level but will most likely be during the off-season. So even though we are in a good position now, don’t think we are close to ‘going for it’ yet.

-ghoste
Yep: we can afford to invest B pieces. I think we’ll have a chance to win our first round series. I just think beating four teams is too much to ask with Hiby’s current play and Ek’s injuries

There’s a good chance that by Tuesday we will have added two top nine scoring forwards with great offensive talent in Duke and Gusev. That will be nice

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Zito definitely going from hero to zero pretty quick.
Man, this team cannot realistically stand up to Carolina or Tampa.

We are a decent team this year propped up by an easy schedule and good injury/COVID luck until Ekblad went down.

This board needs to accept reality and enjoy watching games that matter.

Spending assets on a first round loss is pointless... remember Purcell and Hudler?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

We are a decent team this year propped up by an easy schedule and good injury/COVID luck until Ekblad went down.

Spending assets on a first round loss is pointless... remember Purcell and Hudler?
Agree on asset spending; disagree zero chance

Except for Hall maybe, us beating Tampa or Carolina depends on three names: Barkov, Huberdeau and Bobrovsky. If they play up to their potential we can beat them. Hall at his best could, but the other guys aren’t ther.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

In a way, we were perhaps “lucky” to find out just before trade deadline how far behind CAR/TBL we actually are. If Z had any thoughts of grandiosity before the last 3 games, he’s surely back on solid ground now, and won’t do something foolish, only to lose in the first round anyway, and be down a couple of high picks and a key prospect or two.

That’s my positive spin.

Reactions: Vilam and Cold Cat

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Maybe Barkov can do to Gusev what he did with Dadonov. Dadonov is pretty useless without Barkov this season

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Honestly, I don’t mind the move. Gusev has more to give offensively than stone hands Marchment so I’ll take it

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
His highlights from last season look good:

He’s a natural left winger. I wonder if Verhaege could play on the right side with Barkov effectively so we can go Gusev-Barkov-Swaggy/Huby-Wenn-Duclair?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013

Realistically, next year we won't be better than Tampa or Carolina either. Should we also pre-emptively give up on that year as well?

Reactions: I am not exposed

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Realistically, next year we won't be better than Tampa or Carolina either. Should we also pre-emptively give up on that year as well?
I think you can be closer. And hopefully close enough that you can get on the right side of the bounces in a 7 game series. I think right now it would take a lot of bounces.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
our problem is defenders! for many years! look at the content of the game, how many good passes from the defenders? compare the play of Dallas defenders and ours ... what passes come from them for forwards ... and ours! how many good passes did Barkov get? Hubi? ... for comparison: how much did Hintz get? ... we are looking for reinforcement in the forwards ... I think we need people like Heiskanen! or Makar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->