Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign Gusev to a 1M contract for the remainder of 2020-21

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Friedman reporting it too. Once all these guys start picking it up it’s usually a done deal

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
upload_2021-4-10_21-2-0.jpeg

These guys both have horrible numbers (even relative to their bad teams). At this point I’m down to say screw it let’s give it a chance because making no moves is clearly not going to work. Just don’t expect the defense to improve with these guys.

Reactions: Clint

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Hasn’t Gusev been on waivers? Must have cleared? Is this Gusev fromVegas to NJ? I thought he was pretty good at some point...

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Dang. Losing hope in the big moves though lol
I'm ok with this. This group isn't good enough to get much done.

Add some guys at low cost and see if they can pull off a miracle in the 1st round. No point in giving up a 1st rounder to lose in 5 games.

How long before Goose is in Q's doghouse? Lol

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Same as I said on the main boards:

Not surprising. Would imagine he signs at $1m, and if he doesn't play well, he just gets buried on the taxi squad.
Wouldn't be surprised if Q tries out Huberdeau - Barkov - Gusev. Neither Huby nor Sasha play with a ton of speed, and that might help Goose if his skating really is that bad. Huberdeau needs a shake-up anyway. And Verhaeghe proved that he doesn't need Barkov to produce.

Huberdeau - Barkov - Gusev
Verhaeghe - Wennberg - Duclair
Vatrano - Luostarinen - Hornqvist
Marchment - Acciari - Tippett

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Hasn’t Gusev been on waivers? Must have cleared? Is this Gusev fromVegas to NJ? I thought he was pretty good at some point...
He was on unconditional waivers and cleared, so he and NJD mutually agreed to terminate his contract. Kind of like a NBA buyout around their deadline that happens to NBA vets, but Gusev doesn't get paid. He's now a free agent and eligible for the playoffs if he signs before the Monday deadline.

Reactions: harv33173

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
Fill me in, Gusev went through waivers and no one picked him up. He only played in 20 games with the Devils.

Should I be excited?
I remember his play in SKA St. Petersburg and WC. He has excellent hands and creativity, maybe he is one of the most tricky players I know. But yeah, he is absolutely non-physical, he is not helping much in defense, so he is a specific player who can be effective in not every system and line.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
View attachment 420472

These guys both have horrible numbers (even relative to their bad teams). At this point I’m down to say screw it let’s give it a chance because making no moves is clearly not going to work. Just don’t expect the defense to improve with these guys.

Can you compare Montour to Nuti and Gusev to Lomberg? It's pretty much these two guys that the new players would push out of the lineup.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Can you compare Montour to Nuti and Gusev to Lomberg? It's pretty much these two guys that the new players would push out of the lineup.
Unfortunately I believe those charts require a subscription that I don’t have. Just pulled that one from twitter. I do agree that the net won’t be that bad because we have a lot of bad in the lineup right now.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
New Daddy.

How much worse could he be than what we are using? At least if he sucks we dont feel bad to bury him.

Upside play. Long odds though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad