Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign goalie Christopher Gibson to 2-way contract (1 year?)

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

2nd finnish goalie ever in Panthers system? After Jani Hurme

edit: nevermind.. forgot the legend Säteri

Played goal in Syracuse last year so our guys saw him play a lot. Wont ever be a NHL goalie but depth

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I wonder if Bob gets healthy scratched again in the playoffs and Gibson ends up playing a couple games.

Our goaltending situation isn't the best...

SatanicToedrag

Apr 15, 2017
He's been horrible every time he's been up. I love finnish tendies but this guy just isn't cut out for it.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
He's been horrible every time he's been up. I love finnish tendies but this guy just isn't cut out for it.
Let's be honest, the team is probably expecting two things from him.

1) Solid veteran 1b in Charlotte for Monty (or Bednard if we circle back)
and 2) Solid bench warmer with the Panthers when Knight gets his weekend games with Charlotte

I was fully expecting Gibson to sign in Europe, because European goalies don't tend to stick around this long to be stuck in the veteran NHL/AHL tweener role, but I guess this is what he prefers. :dunno:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Let's be honest, the team is probably expecting two things from him.

1) Solid veteran 1b in Charlotte for Monty (or Bednard if we circle back)
and 2) Solid bench warmer with the Panthers when Knight gets his weekend games with Charlotte

I was fully expecting Gibson to sign in Europe, because European goalies don't tend to stick around this long to be stuck in the veteran NHL/AHL tweener role, but I guess this is what he prefers. :dunno:
Maybe he thinks this is his best chance at earning a backup position if Knight falters?
I imagine he's also really cheap. I'd have preferred a better 3rd stringer, but at least we have one now.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Maybe he thinks this is his best chance at earning a backup position if Knight falters?
I imagine he's also really cheap. I'd have preferred a better 3rd stringer, but at least we have one now.
It's good to have hope, but at this point usually players have realised they aren't making it.

I think it's actually good that the 3rd stringer is a wildcard type, because he would get claimed on waivers if he was more established and well known.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
How could you forget the Panthers legend Harri Sateri?
3NLARWWWMBDQTPI5BZCO6Z3W4U.jpg

:bow:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad