Post-Game Talk: Panthers score a TD in Detroit, 7-2 W to start a 3 game heater

Can the Panthers get their first 3 game win streak started in Detroit?

• OT/SO needed - flip a coin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Red Wings win by 2 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
FLA LOGO GIF.gif

The Panthers look for their second 3 game win streak of the year while in Detroit on Friday night, this will be the 5th match of the season series with Florida up 3-1-0 on the year.
The teams will play the 2nd game of a back to back on Saturday.
Judge will be in net coming off two impressive wins vs TB and CAR.

TEAM STATS.PNG

STANDINGS.PNG

POSSIBLE LINEUP FOR PANTHERS:

FLA.jpg

*Only lineup change I could see is Hinostroza back in but why mess with the 4th line when it had a decent game in Carolina*

CHRIS "JUDGE" DRIEDGER IN NET

DRIEDGER.PNG

POSSIBLE INJURIES AND LINEUP FOR RED WINGS:

DET.jpg

EXPECT GREISS IN NET FOR RED WINGS, THEY'VE ALTERNATED GOALIES THE LAST 4-5 GAMES AND GREISS IS DUE

Last edited:

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I've said in another thread that I thought Judge would start on Friday (which Q has already confirmed.)
I see the B2B game on Saturday is an early start time, 4 p.m. EST. So now I'm thinking only if it's a low shot-count shutout will Judge start that game. If Judge has a 45 save shutout Friday, I don't think they start him Saturday.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
I've said in another thread that I thought Judge would start on Friday (which Q has already confirmed.)
I see the B2B game on Saturday is an early start time, 4 p.m. EST. So now I'm thinking only if it's a low shot-count shutout will Judge start that game. If Judge has a 45 save shutout Friday, I don't think they start him Saturday.

I think Bob goes Sat no matter what.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I hope it doesnt go like last Game. The lazy mentality of we meet the Team with 4-11 W/L stat, might be an easy Game.
The easy Game must be found first till someone call it an easy Win.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
what's going on with Chicago? I thought they were supposed to be terrible and running two backup goalies (yes i know the irony of this statement)

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
what's going on with Chicago? I thought they were supposed to be terrible and running two backup goalies (yes i know the irony of this statement)
Two backup goalies better than one backup goalie? :sarcasm:

Lankinen's been absolutely amazing - who knows if it lasts, but right now he's stealing games for them.
Kane is still Kane but Debrincat has rebounded from a meh season. Pius Suter looks like a very shrewd signing (overall, the Blackhaws have been amazing at finding free talent in Europe). Nashville sucks this year and it doesn't look like Dallas, CBJ are doing that much to grab the last playoff spot. Having the 3rd best PP in the NHL doesn't hurt either.

Last edited:
Reactions: drktmplr12

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Two backup goalies better than one backup goalie? :sarcasm:

Lankinen's been absolutely amazing - who knows if it lasts, but right now he's stealing games for them.
Kane is still Kane but Debrincat has rebounded from a meh season. Pius Suter looks like a very shrewd signing (overall, the Blackhaws have been amazing at finding free talent in Europe). Nashville sucks this year and it doesn't look like Dallas, CBJ are doing that much to grab the last playoff spot. Having the 3rd best PP in the NHL doesn't hurt either.
I watched most of the Columbus - Nashville game last night.

Nashville almost looked like they were sleepwalking through the game. They had a number of shots, but they all seem to be perimeter shots from the outside. They do not scare me one bit!

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
hi guys, your thoughts on Duke? only 1G in 13GP for a goalscorer (streaky but still goalscorer) while playing with heck of a playmaker in Barkov . just a bad luck or he can't score to save his life? GL tonight!

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
hi guys, your thoughts on Duke? only 1G in 13GP for a goalscorer (streaky but still goalscorer) while playing with heck of a playmaker in Barkov . just a bad luck or he can't score to save his life? GL tonight!

Bad puck luck. He's been very good offensively and gets his scoring chances but has had terrible luck burying them. He could easily have had 5-7 goals by now.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Bad puck luck. He's been very good offensively and gets his scoring chances but has had terrible luck burying them. He could easily have had 5-7 goals by now.

i.e. doesn't have the skills to be consider as a goal scorer. That wrap-around goal was easy deposit for a speedster like Duclair since it took two years for McBackup to switch to the other post.

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
Hello FloBros. Thoughts on Weegar this season? Couldn't find any threads about him and just wondering does he pass eye test as a legit top4?

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Friday is movie night in our house.

My son loves MJ because he has a jumpman tracksuit and I made a big deal about it once. This movie is going to blow his mind!

I'm recording the game and will start to watch around 8:30ish EST

Reactions: 16Skippy

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Hello FloBros. Thoughts on Weegar this season? Couldn't find any threads about him and just wondering does he pass eye test as a legit top4?

Top4 for sure. He's logging over 23 min per night on the top pairing with Ekblad. Ideally you'd probably have him as your #3.

Also has to play on his off side since both Ek and him are righties.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Man, Holland left that team with some horrid contracts.

I do trust Yzerman to turn that ship around soon, though

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Almost there. I’d like to see just a bit faster decisions with the puck and related finesse.... but he’s close. On the Panthers, he’s a legit top4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->