Recalled/Assigned: Panthers Recall G Sam brittain

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
With the team for practice purposes. Need 2 goalies and Al is in Florida for his child's birth.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Smart move as Ellis may not clear waivers.

Ellis already cleared waivers this season so he wouldn't need to clear again unless he was up for more than 30 days.

To me, this signals how serious the Panthers are about icing a winning team in San Antonio. The Rampage play tomorrow and Wednesday and, by recalling Brittain, instead of Ellis--who would do nothing more than practice for those 2 days--it shows they want the Rampage to do well and Ellis is needed here.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Ellis already cleared waivers this season so he wouldn't need to clear again unless he was up for more than 30 days.

To me, this signals how serious the Panthers are about icing a winning team in San Antonio. The Rampage play tomorrow and Wednesday and, by recalling Brittain, instead of Ellis--who would do nothing more than practice for those 2 days--it shows they want the Rampage to do well and Ellis is needed here.
Mmmm. Forgot about 10 games or 30 days. My bad.

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

I'm glad to hear that. I had thought that Ellis could/should be at least an above average AHL goalie. Thankfully you guys aren't hurting in net.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
I'm glad to hear that. I had thought that Ellis could/should be at least an above average AHL goalie. Thankfully you guys aren't hurting in net.

That's debatable. Ellis has had some damn good stretches this season. Unfortunately, they are few and far between. The Rampage have the worst save% in the league and, if not for their top 5 offense, would be struggling to be anywhere near a playoff spot right now.

A lot of that also falls on the suspect defense and complete inability to transition the puck out of their own end, but the goalies have been pretty average this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad