Post-Game Talk: Panthers play catchup with Jets but fall short 4-3 in 1st of 4 game home-stand

Who starts? Bob or Monty if you had the decision

• Bob

• Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I don't have the time, patience or stamina to keep up with you guys on bob. It's the same discussion we were having last year and it's tiring. I'll be curious to see the response when our defense tightens up and Bob's numbers look better, but we end up scoring less. I wonder how many will then talk about how much better Bob is playing and thank god he's returned to normal because we can't score our way to wins.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
This is pretty much it for me. Bob was not worth the money tonight but both statistically and just watching, it was a pretty even game/game they were slightly outplayed in considering 3-0 powerplay advantage. Effort was dissapointing considering the comeback they just had on Tuesday, but with games against bad teams (NYR and Anaheim) and a team Florida usually dominates against at home in Philly, a nice homestand is still a possibility. Who do you think starts Saturday?
I think Bob starts. Eventually he’ll get back on track

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I don't have the time, patience or stamina to keep up with you guys on bob. It's the same discussion we were having last year and it's tiring. I'll be curious to see the response when our defense tightens up and Bob's numbers look better, but we end up scoring less. I wonder how many will then talk about how much better Bob is playing and thank god he's returned to normal because we can't score our way to wins.
I don’t think we are scoring a lot because of the way we are playing d. There’s no reason the offense should decline with better team defense.

As someone has pointed out, we are puck watching in our own zone. We are not covering the front of the net well enough. And we are making bad decisions at the blue lines. None of that has any effect on offense.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I think Bob starts. Eventually he’ll get back on track
Was talking to a co-worker and he made the point of, even if it takes the rest of the season for Bob to play through this, we have to keep throwing him out there and have him figure it out. He's too important for us. It sucks, but we have to hope he turns it around. Coaching staff and Tallon need to make sure he's mentally good but shouldn't push a sports psychologist on him

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Was talking to a co-worker and he made the point of, even if it takes the rest of the season for Bob to play through this, we have to keep throwing him out there and have him figure it out. He's too important for us. It sucks, but we have to hope he turns it around. Coaching staff and Tallon need to make sure he's mentally good but shouldn't push a sports psychologist on him
This is the truth and what makes his start so very frustrating. We have to continue to ride him because for the foreseeable future, he's the guy.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007

That's it. We really have no choice.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

This is the truth and what makes his start so very frustrating. We have to continue to ride him because for the foreseeable future, he's the guy.

That's it. We really have no choice.

There's no harm in giving him a night off once in awhile, especially during a tough stretch

I think last night's game was perfect for Monty to start.

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
Honestly, the defence is much better this year in my opinion. Breakdowns happen to every team or every game would end 0-0.

I’d reckon 3/4 goals scored last night were stoppable, especially the Mathewson turn over, Jesus that one is bad. These are shots most AHL goalies would have. Is our defence perfect? Far from it, but Bob has to be better, but like Lil Bobby Boo said, we have almost no choice but to ride it out and pray.

WaitingForThatCab

Gas up the Lombo
Mar 11, 2017

The defense can tighten up, but the #1 thing that's going to get the GAA down is for Bob to not let in multiple softies like what happened last night. I mean, I don't really care who's right or wrong here, or who gets blamed for what, but what I do know is that we can't sustain 4 goals against every single game.

I thought the defense was the bigger problem October. In the last two games, Bob was the problem. It's not a good situation.

Reactions: pantherbot

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
The defense can tighten up, but the #1 thing that's going to get the GAA down is for Bob to not let in multiple softies like what happened last night. I mean, I don't really care who's right or wrong here, or who gets blamed for what, but what I do know is that we can't sustain 4 goals against every single game.

I thought the defense was the bigger problem October. In the last two games, Bob was the problem. It's not a good situation.

I agree, but for the last while you would think Bob has been the problem letting in multiple soft goals. He hasn't. He is getting blamed here for defensive miscues or deflection goals. Unnecessary.

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So today's game marks the quarter pole of the Season.

If you would have told me at the beginning of the year that we would be one of the top three teams in the Atlantic (outcome of the team's game today dependant) I would be very happy. :nod:

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Well, I think because of his contract we need him to figure it out. But there has been multiple samples of "lesser" goalies taking teams deep in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->