Post-Game Talk: Panthers play catchup with Jets but fall short 4-3 in 1st of 4 game home-stand

Who starts? Bob or Monty if you had the decision

• Bob

• Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Which if the 4 goals tonight was on the D?

I get the inability to clear. But which of the 4 was on the D? The Ehlers goal? Ok sure, but that was still a very stoppable shot
Bon gave up and awful rebound but our D not only let the corral the puck but also pass it across with no attempt whatsoever to stop it. That’s pathetic

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
No, the quality chances we give up ARE crazy.

A lot of individual mistakes tonight, but those mistakes/bad plays didn't result in quality chances for the Jets IMO.Probably because they weren't playing really good themselves.

Would have been a walk in the park for a 28 years old Luongo tonight. Easy SO

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Bob got schooled tonight on clean shots with minimal traffic. From distance. Bob deserves 75 percent of the blame for his **** numbers period. That 3 goal off connors rebound was absolutely pathetic and comical
I watched Greiss shoot out rebounds all night but guess who was there for him? That’s why two mediocre garbage goalies play well.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
And personally I'm much less worried about Bob, he showed in the Tampa and Boston series that he's still one of the best in the world. He just needs to get his shit together.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
This was Bob description more than 2 years ago. I guess - "The Siege Mentality" is back in full force.

- 3rd paragraph.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
This was Bob description more than 2 years ago. I guess - "The Siege Mentality" is back in full force.

- 3rd paragraph.

Wow he doesn't trust his D and is second guessing himself. Wow who would've guessed. Here I was hearing how he just sucks.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Bon gave up and awful rebound but our D not only let the corral the puck but also pass it across with no attempt whatsoever to stop it. That’s pathetic
Most dmen in the league would be heading to the bench for a change. I place not a single
Ounce
Of blame on the d for that. Muffin shot with no traffic right in the logo From above circles.
Just laughable

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Most dmen in the league would be heading to the bench for a change. I place not a single
Ounce
Of blame on the d for that. Muffin shot with no traffic right in the logo From above circles.
Just laughable
Youre the poster child for blaming the goalie so I mean I would take that with a grain of salt.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Defense was good enough tonight to get a W if Bob was decent. But he lost the game on his own.

Passing was atrocious tonight, decision making with the puck was bad and effort wasn’t good enough but they still should have won. But Bob let them down.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
It’s cause we aren’t giving up a crazy amount of quality chances like u all claim. It’s simply not happening. Anywhere
The high quality chances that are rated soley by the area of the ice the shot came from? Some high quality chances are much more high quality than other high quality ones, no? While the Panthers have gotten better, when they make a mistake, it's usually a pretty bad one.
Bob will get his shit together, and I think the D coverage will improve. Both need to happen.

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I think Saturday is a good chance for a bounceback. First home game after a long road trip always has trap potential. I wonder who will start, should be interesting.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
This is also about D zone coverage, why do we leave guys open so often? Get that **** straighten out. It's like we don't have enough problems with the turnovers already.
This. Bob has his problems no doubt, but why the heck was Ehlers all alone in prime scoring position to cleanly one-time a pass on the 2nd goal, there should have been someone on him or at least stopping that pass from going through. Why did nobody prevent either of Laine and Scheifele from going to the front of the net and standing all alone on that 3rd goal regardless of Bob's major **** up rebounding? Lowry with the tip on the 4th goal, again nobody putting a body on him.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Find one GDT in any team forum that doesn't have reactionary negative posts. You're not special just because youve maintained the same mantra for years. That just means youre boring

I'd rather be boring than clueless or ignorant... John Wooden salutes you ! ;)

Edit: our captain must be pretty boring to you then, but I'm entertained by Barkov... Too bad you can't enjoy the greatest in life. :P

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Defense was good enough tonight to get a W if Bob was decent. But he lost the game on his own.

Passing was atrocious tonight, decision making with the puck was bad and effort wasn’t good enough but they still should have won. But Bob let them down.
This is pretty much it for me. Bob was not worth the money tonight but both statistically and just watching, it was a pretty even game/game they were slightly outplayed in considering 3-0 powerplay advantage. Effort was dissapointing considering the comeback they just had on Tuesday, but with games against bad teams (NYR and Anaheim) and a team Florida usually dominates against at home in Philly, a nice homestand is still a possibility. Who do you think starts Saturday?

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Over the last seasons with our old goaltending tandem, I would start cringing each and every time the opposition skated into our zone with the puck on the stick.

Either some Dman would have a breakdown or the goalie would mess up horribly. You could feel that the D had very low confidence that the goalie would bail them out in case of a mistake. So they started to adapt their play and looking nervous.

I can't help myself to feel that this situation is slowly starting to creep back in... Bob is not there often enough to bail the D out. Our D could be better but it is not bad. And the D should definitely not completely change their style/tactics to adapt to a not-on-the-top-of-his-game Bobrovsky.

I get everyone's concern, but no reason to panic yet. Bob will pull through as history has shown, and when this happens, we could see a lot more lopsided scores in our favour.

Reactions: PanthersHockey1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad