Post-Game Talk: Panthers play catchup with Jets but fall short 4-3 in 1st of 4 game home-stand

Who starts? Bob or Monty if you had the decision

• Bob

• Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
:jets @ :panthers
10-8-1 --vs-- 9-4-5

Well, here it is guys and girls, home sweet home.
After 12 of 18 on the road, the Panthers come home for 14 of 16.

Game 1 on the list is the Winnipeg Jets who continue to develop their defense on the fly :naughty: i'll see myself out
The Jets (5-3-0 on the road) start a 4 game road trip as the Cats open up a 4 game home-stand.

Winnipeg is without Byfuglien, Letestu, Appleton and Little. They've relied on Hellebuyck who sports a 2.40 GAA and .928 sv% to keep them in most games as they struggle to score, averaging just 2.56 goals for, currently 26th in the league.

Jets line rushes in practice today:

Jets.PNG

Offense:
20191113_211226.jpg

Defense:
20191113_211249.jpg

Can the Cats get Q his 900th win as a head coach, becoming just the 2nd coach in NHL history to do so, behind only Scotty Bowman (1.244)?

After a successful road trip collecting 4 of 6 points, the unpredictable Panthers come home with a 5-2-1 record in their last 8 outings. 4 of those needed extra time but continues to show the resiliency in this group.
They have won 3 of those 4 extra time sessions and they really believe in themselves when down by any score.

They need to continue some housekeeping in their own end but it's been an exciting first 18 games, this is now the time for them to make a stand and push for a top 3 seed in the Atlantic. They've done some heavy lifting against good caliber teams but probably left 4-5 points on the table, in saying that, they've also battled back for 3-4 as well, in comeback efforts.

Panthers lines will probably stay the same unless Weegar is back.

Huberdeau - Barkov - Dadonov

Hoffman - Boyle - Connolly

Vatrano - Trocheck - Malgin

Hunt - Acciari - Sceviour

Yandle - Ekblad

Matheson - Stralman

Pysyk - Brown

Only question left is...
Who is in net for the Panthers?

[marquee=] [/marquee][marquee=]LET'S GOOOO PANNNTHERRRSSS!! [/marquee]

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Visiting team is always spending time together, few distractions. They can focus better than home team.

Home team has fans and families behind them. They are cheered on better than the visiting team. (Unless it’s the Canadiens, in which case it’s a home AND away game for them at the same time, taking the best of both.)

Which one wins? I think it’s the Q-uestion of the day.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I would have Monty start.

I was looking at some of Bob's stats and game logs from last year, and the last game of the regular season for him he played the Rangers and had a good game. Also, two seasons ago he had a shutout against the Rangers.
Give him an extra day to unwind back home and get settled in and figure out a few things.
Monty played a good last game, so ride the hot hand (as much as I'm about getting back on the horse and getting to it. )

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
I would have Monty start.

I was looking at some of Bob's stats and game logs from last year, and the last game of the regular season for him he played the Rangers and had a good game. Also, two seasons ago he had a shutout against the Rangers.
Give him an extra day to unwind back home and get settled in and figure out a few things.
Monty played a good last game, so ride the hot hand (as much as I'm about getting back on the horse and getting to it. )
I feel like you're playing 4D chess on the back of a cereal-box. Bob is our starter and we're still winning with his abysmal stats. Q believes in his vets so Bob will do what hes getting paid 10mil to do.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

Billy having some nice words

You can tell Billy really loves this team, wish we kept him, happy to see him land on NHL network. I liked what he said and it's something I think we can feel too around this team, they don't quit and they play like a team. It's also a bit damning what he said about prior teams...never seen anything like that for his entire time there after retiring!

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
You can tell Billy really loves this team, wish we kept him, happy to see him land on NHL network. I liked what he said and it's something I think we can feel too around this team, they don't quit and they play like a team. It's also a bit damning what he said about prior teams...never seen anything like that for his entire time there after retiring!

This is the most talented team the Panthers have ever iced, and as long as Viola stays the course, this is the most stable we have ever been. Its a shame we couldn't have a bit more stability, and wealth, with our ownership groups back when we went into a new millennium, the fan base would probably be much stronger than it is now. What he said wasn't wrong too. The organisation from a complete mess from top to bottom for most of our existence, and Im glad he said what he said.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Hopefully some of our players start to be a little more selfish somewhat. Especially some key players. They don't have to be all about their teammates. They need to bring their own game to the table, and not just look to distribute passes. Because when you're in the wrong mindset, you don't even move your feet anymore. You just stop skating and look to pass. And most of the time, you just don't know what to do, because you're limiting yourself to only one option.
You have to bring something to the table first before you can contribute to a team. The teamwork will come together, they don't have to force it. This includes some key defensemen and forwards. Their first priority seems to be to look for a teammate, instead of just play the game.

Last edited:

dandandan

Nov 10, 2019
I think Ekblad is up for a big game; that snipe last game is probably the catalyst for him feeling confident in his shot again. He has been great this year, even if we focus on the negative, we have a few specific negatives to focus on instead of his whole play.

I like it. Billy needs to come back to FLA, even if I like that he's repping the Panthers on a bigger stage, having our backs.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

Interesting.

I thought Tro looked good with Malgin and Vatrano, but Hoffman wasn't working out with Connolly and Boyle. I think Hoffman needs to be with other skill players to be effective. Not that Boyle and Connolly don't have skill, I just see them as more of a hard working/using their size type players.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
ETL beat me to it
Q sees it. Trocheck is not a good center
trocheck is a very good center. can put up 40-50 in a season despite being one dimensional. he is a black hole for wingers tho, because his production breaks down the moment the defense stacks the blue line. he can't make it further than 5 feet inside the 0 zone without a turnover because he is trapped and had no business breaking in with his wingers in the position they are in.

CyBorg24

Apr 3, 2019
Been saying that Tro should play wing. I know he had the 70 point season at 2C but he hasn't looked anything like that since. I've always thought the way he plays was better suited for wing. Let's see how it plays out I think this is a good move. Q sees what we see.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

I will never understand why Malgin is being forced into center spot time after time. He is HORRIBLE at faceoffs.. I mean horrible. 34% this season
Often he also gets caught behind our own net when playing center when we already have 2 guys behind the net leaving the front of the net wide open

Trocheck while im not against playing him on wing he's a 50% on faceoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad