Post-Game Talk: Panthers outlast the Flames in a 3-2 SO win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
High danger chances 14-8 in our favour. Against a great team. Reimer was avaerage allowing two questionable goals

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Future looks okay.

As long as we get a coach.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
High danger chances 14-8 in our favour. Against a great team. Reimer was avaerage allowing two questionable goals

The 2nd flames goal, I view as their best players making something happen / we allowed two players to get to the front of the net in transition.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Watching us play right now is like the mid 2000's NJ Devils. What a snooze fest.

Everytime I show up at the arena it is depressing. It is 70% empty and the 30% that is full is lifeless.

Reactions: Clint

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Watching us play right now is like the mid 2000's NJ Devils. What a snooze fest.

Everytime I show up at the arena it is depressing. It is 70% empty and the 30% that is full is lifeless.

It sucks, but are you surprised though? This is such a depressing season. Probably the biggest let down season, which is saying a lot given our history.

I can't imagine the players being very excited either. They know the playoffs are basically out of reach.

My guess is after the trade deadline we might start looking forward more and things get better. But for now we are all basically in depression mode. That's why I want to give the young guys a better chance towards the end of the season. At least give them something to play for and for us to cheer for.

Reactions: PanthersHockey1

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Tampa is going one way and we’re going another. Lest we forget Tampa won the cup in ‘04, sucked bad, drafted high end talent then decided to hire a great GM and a good coach. This is the cycle that creates cup runs and eventually cups. Floridas mediocrity is bearing it’s fruits now in combination of poor drafting, poor development and poor coaching. We’ve had just enough talent to keep us on the bubble and unless you have a stellar development program, drafting in the mid-teens isn’t a recipe for success. In the salary cap era, it honestly pays to "tank" when there’s a good draft class and get cheap high ceiling talent that way. It’s very unfortunate and quite frankly a dumb way of thinking but it’s proven to work as long as you have the FO, development and coaching to finish the job.

Reactions: Haj

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018

When was this not the case..... When it is filled its because the visiting team shows up.

I have not been to a game in a very long time where the crowd was not pretty lifeless for hockey standards. Every time I attend the game seems like I am the loudest one there. Feels almost embarrassing to chirp at the other team. Like its uncalled for behavior to talk trash. Last time I went to a game that was full of life was......... Miami Arena days. Hope moves are made to ft laudy or Miami. Maybe a younger demographic little more rowdy wouldn't be the worst thing.

Reactions: PanthersHockey1

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
Tampa is going one way and we’re going another. Lest we forget Tampa won the cup in ‘04, sucked bad, drafted high end talent then decided to hire a great GM and a good coach. This is the cycle that creates cup runs and eventually cups. Floridas mediocrity is bearing it’s fruits now in combination of poor drafting, poor development and poor coaching. We’ve had just enough talent to keep us on the bubble and unless you have a stellar development program, drafting in the mid-teens isn’t a recipe for success. In the salary cap era, it honestly pays to "tank" when there’s a good draft class and get cheap high ceiling talent that way. It’s very unfortunate and quite frankly a dumb way of thinking but it’s proven to work as long as you have the FO, development and coaching to finish the job.

Agree 100%. On the positive note I am happy to see the new owners spending some money on players. It does seem like they are trying. Unlike every other sports team in S. Florida aside from the Heat.

Reactions: Multigrain

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

There's really no creativity in their play, it's just attempts to play fast north-south game but only like four, five guys can pull it off and they don't try to get towards the net from the board play, just floating in the perimeter which results into some blind pass to nowhere. I'd reckon that if they don't go big in the next off season, those attendance figures will sink into lower digits.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
There's really no creativity in their play, it's just attempts to play fast north-south game but only like four, five guys can pull it off and they don't try to get towards the net from the board play, just floating in the perimeter which results into some blind pass to nowhere. I'd reckon that if they don't go big in the next off season, those attendance figures will sink into lower digits.

I agree, we very rarely create high danger chances in the slot. Everything is either a quick transition or cycle game resulting in a hopeful point shot (like Pysyk for example banking it off Dadonov).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad