OT: Panthers Lounge the Sixth - We Talk About Games & Stuff

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I’m probably. Gonna wait for Xenoblade to come out, then I’ll end up getting a switch. I do wanna play Mario Odyssey though, looks amazing.

Reactions: Rahooji

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I played the beta and very little has changed compared to 16 IMO. 17 was the first title I skipped since I started buying them yearly from 12 onwards (though I bought 14 & 15 on sale close to the end of the season for around 20 euros) and I doubt I'll buy it, unless it's dirt cheap on a sale.

BaP is where I spend most of my time and I can deal with the outdated rosters, than pay 60 euros for a roster update. It's been a couple months since I last played it too.
robin-crying-drunk-under-desk.gif

It wasn't even cheap and I bought it anyway. Why do I keep giving money to EA, damn it.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
Playing Yakuza Kiwami after playing Yakuza 0 makes the story of Yakuza even more sad.

0 is my GOTY by far, Kiwami is second simply due the lack of side content in comprison to 0. Next year with Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2 being released outside of Japan, I am pretty hyped.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Playing Yakuza Kiwami after playing Yakuza 0 makes the story of Yakuza even more sad.

0 is my GOTY by far, Kiwami is second simply due the lack of side content in comprison to 0. Next year with Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2 being released outside of Japan, I am pretty hyped.
Well, Kiwami is the "HD remaster" of Yakuza 1 on PS2. The lack of sidestuff is understandable as the original didnt have much, comparatively anyway.

I havent beaten 0 yet, though I am pretty far, but it is fantastic. All the Yakuza games generally are. I actually imported the Japanese only Yakuza that was set during the samurai age. I am using an english translation guide to play but it is also fantastic.

Yakuza 6 is going to be amazing.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
Well, Kiwami is the "HD remaster" of Yakuza 1 on PS2. The lack of sidestuff is understandable as the original didnt have much, comparatively anyway.

I havent beaten 0 yet, though I am pretty far, but it is fantastic. All the Yakuza games generally are. I actually imported the Japanese only Yakuza that was set during the samurai age. I am using an english translation guide to play but it is also fantastic.

Yakuza 6 is going to be amazing.

By the side stuff I mainly meant the Cabaret club game. Karaoke was on point. The Majjma everywhere addition to Kiwami makes the story a bit odd at times but is a really fun addition.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
By the side stuff I mainly meant the Cabaret club game. Karaoke was on point. The Majjma everywhere addition to Kiwami makes the story a bit odd at times but is a really fun addition.
Yeah. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Goro's history. He was so outlandish in Yakuza 1 heh.

Have you played the other ones? I think I just remembered I havent beaten 5. Or maybe I did I dont even know anymore. There are so many lol.

Fun fact, in the original Yakuza 1 on PS2....Eliza Dushku did the voice for one of the characters

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
Yeah. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Goro's history. He was so outlandish in Yakuza 1 heh.

Have you played the other ones? I think I just remembered I havent beaten 5. Or maybe I did I dont even know anymore. There are so many lol.

Fun fact, in the original Yakuza 1 on PS2....Eliza Dushku did the voice for one of the characters

I’d played 1 and 2 but barely remember any of 2, I had played Dead Souls when I still had a PS3 last gen (had it for all of 2 months) but hadn’t come close to completing it. My only real recollection of dead souls is Majima’s amazing version of get to the top. I don’t think I could ever go back to playing Yakuza 1 on ps2, the story has so much more emotion with the Japanese language.

The one thing that I had completely forgotten but was glad about was Amazing Grace being the credit song for 1/Kiwami. Eri Kiwai’s rendition is spectacular for it and it’s so fitting with the somber mood of the final chapter.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I finally got a chance to try nhl 18 enhanced on Xbox one x in 4k on a 55 inch Samsung curved screen. It was awesome. The game was smooth and the Jersey definition is pretty sick. Especially the goalies equipment. IMO it’s the definitive was to play the game. Now I must buy them.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I finally got a chance to try nhl 18 enhanced on Xbox one x in 4k on a 55 inch Samsung curved screen. It was awesome. The game was smooth and the Jersey definition is pretty sick. Especially the goalies equipment. IMO it’s the definitive was to play the game. Now I must buy them.
Go play again tonight.

It wasnt enhanced before. It was just super sampling.

As of today though, it is now officially X enhanced. Just saw it on Major Nelson's twitter

Last edited:
Reactions: Rahooji

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Still back and forth on splurging on a 4K tv and getting the One X. That Sony X900 looked pretty nice in store.

Recently beat Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada on PS4. I like the mindless button mashing of the Dynasty Warriors games so this one was good too. A little too long but still fun.

Started Nier Automata yesterday. Played for about an hour and I’m not sure if I like it. The art and music is incredible, but the combat feels sluggish. I know the reviews are all good so I’ll probably give it another shot.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Switched from Chrome to FireFox and this place loads so much faster now.
Probably just jinxed it

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It's been a while since I last got properly drunk, probably 1.5-2 years. Tonight I had 4 beers, an amount that in my younger days would barely get me buzzed, and now it did.

My tolerance is not what it used to be, old man Soup. On the positive side I don't need to spend as much money to get drunk lol.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It's been a while since I last got properly drunk, probably 1.5-2 years. Tonight I had 4 beers, an amount that in my younger days would barely get me buzzed, and now it did.

My tolerance is not what it used to be, old man Soup. On the positive side I don't need to spend as much money to get drunk lol.

I envy you living in Europe when it comes to beers.

It takes effort to find good european beers here. American is trash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad