OT: Panthers Lounge the Sixth - We Talk About Games & Stuff

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
If anyone can help that would be great.

I’m looking to get NHL.tv to watch the Panthers games since I cut my cable last year. Apparently the only streaming service that carries Fox Sports is ATT Now and it’s like $80 so I’d rather just get NHL.tv.

But it seems like you can’t get the Panthers games if you live in Miami, which is the dumbest f***ing thing. What’s the work around? I know someone mentioned a VPN.

Any help would be appreciated.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
If anyone can help that would be great.

I’m looking to get NHL.tv to watch the Panthers games since I cut my cable last year. Apparently the only streaming service that carries Fox Sports is ATT Now and it’s like $80 so I’d rather just get NHL.tv.

But it seems like you can’t get the Panthers games if you live in Miami, which is the dumbest f***ing thing. What’s the work around? I know someone mentioned a VPN.

Any help would be appreciated.
A virtual private network might trick nhlTV into thinking you aren’t in Miami.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So along the same lines, are any Canadian fans thinking of getting NHL Center Ice this year for satellite? It's only $20 cheaper than a normal full season. And I'm assuming they have a one or two weeks free preview. Not sure if it makes Financial sense this year. I may just listen to all the games on the radio.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
A virtual private network might trick nhlTV into thinking you aren’t in Miami.

Yeah it just seems like a pain.

I was looking into AT&T Now, the streaming service for them, but they make it so damn complicated to figure out which plan carries Fox Sports FL.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
jokinenJH_jk.jpg

I like this pic.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
:laugh: that is awesome.
Now is there evidence they colluded in the reddit threads?
And wall street is trying to void the buys or something?
They talk openly about buying shit stocks, like Gamestop and never selling them. So they are egging each other to buy more and more stocks. It's a house of card and if enough of them bow out, it will crash in the most amazing fashion.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
They talk openly about buying shit stocks, like Gamestop and never selling them. So they are egging each other to buy more and more stocks. It's a house of card and if enough of them bow out, it will crash in the most amazing fashion.

I just enjoy the aspect that Wall Street doesn't like it when the little guys pull their trick on them.
Apparently Biden's treasury department is taking a look?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Can someone give me the shortform notes on what happened with Gamestop?
Cliffs:
- Gamestop is a dying company
- a hedge fund bought shorts of gamestop
-what is shorting? essentially, for easy math, you borrowed 1000 shares of a company from me and sold them at a cost of $100 each to Soupyfin. you think my company will do poorly, so when it's time to return the 1000 shares, they can buy them back from Soupyfin at a cost of $50 each, and when you return the shares to me, you make a 50% profit. But inexplicably my terrible company's stock rises, and guess what, I want my shares back. You now have to pay Soupyfin $2000 for all the shares, and you lose everything
- In the above scenario, I'm Gamestop, Soupyfin is redditors, and you're Melvin Capital

Melvin Capital has to pay to get the shares back from the redditors, but they're buying so much, the price is going insanely high and Melvin Capital is running out of money to buy them back.

It has nothing to do with the actual value of Gamestop stocks, it's a dying worthless company. It's just a troll attempt. They are starting to do it to other companies, Bed, Bath and Beyond, AMC, Blackberry etc

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Cliffs:
- Gamestop is a dying company
- a hedge fund bought shorts of gamestop
-what is shorting? essentially, for easy math, you borrowed 1000 shares of a company from me and sold them at a cost of $100 each to Soupyfin. you think my company will do poorly, so when it's time to return the 1000 shares, they can buy them back from Soupyfin at a cost of $50 each, and when you return the shares to me, you make a 50% profit. But inexplicably my terrible company's stock rises, and guess what, I want my shares back. You now have to pay Soupyfin $2000 for all the shares, and you lose everything
- In the above scenario, I'm Gamestop, Soupyfin is redditors, and you're Melvin Capital

Melvin Capital has to pay to get the shares back from the redditors, but they're buying so much, the price is going insanely high and Melvin Capital is running out of money to buy them back.

It has nothing to do with the actual value of Gamestop stocks, it's a dying worthless company. It's just a troll attempt. They are starting to do it to other companies, Bed, Bath and Beyond, AMC, Blackberry etc

Thanks!

I've watched enough movies (The Big Short) and my brothers father in law trades and specifically in put options to know that side.
Crazy to think people are waking up to the idea they can alter or shift the game even on that level.

Pump and dump schemes been going on for centuries it seems.
The great depression was a giant one.
They'd give you the deed/ownership for 10% down but if a run on the banks occurred, they needed the remaining balance within days.
Bankers pulled all their money out and shorted the market.

The housing market in 2008 is another example.
The Bernie Madoff story as well. The movie (Wizard of Lies) was well done with Deniro

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@ucanthanzalthetruth so what do they plan on doing now though? Try and make the company profitable again or just keeping the trolling going?

Edit- Guess its a dying business so troll it is lol

#2 EDIT - Holy shit, the one company had to take out a $2.75 billion loan to cover their losses?
:laugh: I love this story more and more by the minute

Last edited:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I just realized my sponsorship expires tonight.

Any discounts on renewing for existing members?
I don't recall there ever being discounts, but 10% of it goes to breast cancer research in memory of Fugu.

I don't even see where I can renew. Maybe I have to wait for it to expire first (~3.5hr)
IIRC old platform allowed you to renew as many times as you liked, but now yeah you need to wait for it to expire first.

Reactions: Cold Cat

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
No more gdt's?

Been so busy with fixing up my home, my aunts new home, and other things....haven’t been able to. Slowly everything is finishing up, so I should be able to get some in the next few weeks. I’ll be ready for playoffs, if we make it.

Anyone got a ps5? After 4 months I finally got mine. Love it so far, just for the simple fact that it’s faster and quieter than my PS4 pro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->