Post-Game Talk: Panthers @ Islanders: Holy **** a save percentage over .900

More likely outcome of tonight's game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
So why is Mamin out of the lineup tonight? Was he injured or do we just like putting less effective players on the ice?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Can't get out of the zone.. SMH. Can we get any offense going on other than off the rush

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
PP still slow as hell moving the puck and I will never understand why we have players playing on there off side. Taking away the one timer option. It's like there intentionally not wanting to have a chance to score on the PP

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Can't get out of the zone.. SMH. Can we get any offense going on other than off the rush

Been saying this all year about the offense. Can't sustain any consistent pressure. One and done chest snipes most of the time.

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Unbelievable how easy it's for NYI to get shots off from the blueline on our net with nobody within 10 feet

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Reimer looking sharp.

tenor.gif

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Islanders getting away with some blatant takedowns here. Kind of hard to generate offense when you're being hog-tied constantly.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Lol, give me a break. Bjugstad is doing fine. Same as most of last season.

The whole Hoffman on the top line reminds me when Kessel was traded to Pittsburgh, and people were saying he was going to score a crazy amount of goals playing with Crosby. Well, that didn't happen. Just because you put talented players together, doesn't mean they will click.

The first line is fine overall. It wasn't the best game for them yesterday, but that should be one of the last lines messed around with. Sure, if they hit a big slump, then possibly give Hoffman a chance there.

But at the moment, I see it as why try and fix something that is not broke?

Our offense is not the issue, and doing some tinkering with the top line isn't going to suddenly magically mean our goaltenders start making more saves. How many goals do you expect the top line to score if Hoffman was there instead?
How can you write these things as Bjugstad bounces a puck on a clear, cross-blueline pass to Weegar, then kills possesion with a blind pass behind the net to an Isles Dman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad