Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Right now Reimer is not even playing like .900

Ill take .896 to be honest.

Want to hear something crazy? If you even care about PDO, which I generally don't....but the team would need to have a 15% shooting percentage to be at an even 100.

That's nearly 2% higher than the Washington Capitals who is sitting at the top. :help:

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Only problem I’ve ever had with Tallon is he will never make that crazy trade to help this team. Or give up futures... our D core is wretched.

Yeah the goaltending has to be addressed either way next year the latest, can't see Lou playing past this year especially when his salary drops off the cliff. It's been nothing but injuries the last couple of years with him.

After 2012 playoffs which basically resulted him getting Lou, one would imagine he's seeing what everyone else here is. You need good goaltending to win in this league. The problem is I don't see any help out there, Bob is an option as an UFA though.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Yeah the goaltending has to be addressed either way next year the latest, can't see Lou playing past this year especially when his salary drops off the cliff. It's been nothing but injuries the last couple of years with him.

After 2012 playoffs which basically resulted him getting Lou, one would imagine he's seeing what everyone else here is. You need good goaltending to win in this league. The problem is I don't see any help out there, Bob is an option as an UFA though.
I would love Bob but I don’t want to put 10 mil into goaltending considering we’re wasting around 2.5 mil on ekblads bloated contract. Plus reimer is the most expensive backup in the league.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I would love Bob but I don’t want to put 10 mil into goaltending considering we’re wasting around 2.5 mil on ekblads bloated contract. Plus reimer is the most expensive backup in the league.

I don't think getting rid of Reims is that difficult. But yeah, if Bob wants 10mil then it's a tough deal to make.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I would like to see them ride Reimer until Luongo is back.

I mean, I know he sucks but at least there’s a small chance of him getting hot. With Hutch there is no chance of even that.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Reimer in net lol. Time to get boat raced again. I'll be sure not to get excited after we lead at 1st intermission.

6-2 isles.

PS: Vinny wasn't tripped.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Was reading an article on tsn about the new goalie equipment that featured complaints from reimer and some other guys. He talks about flinching at pucks now. I wonder how much of reimer and other's bad play this season has to do with the new equipment.

Last edited:

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Lol at the continuing Bjugstad hate on here. We have issues, but he isn't one of them.
Bjugstad isn't producing beside two point per game players. Hoff has spent half of his games in the bottom six and has better numbers.

If Bjug was a Hyman-typer player who freed up space for his linemates, beat out icings, was physical, threw the body, and wasn't producing at or close to a ppg -- fine.

Bjugstad is supposed to be a finisher. He isn't. He handles the puck like a grenade and has a low hockey IQ, decent speed and doesn't use his big frame. I'd rather see Hoff there for a couple games to see if it works.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Bjugstad isn't producing beside two point per game players. Hoff has spent half of his games in the bottom six and has better numbers.

If Bjug was a Hyman-typer player who freed up space for his linemates, beat out icings, was physical, threw the body, and wasn't producing at or close to a ppg -- fine.

Bjugstad is supposed to be a finisher. He isn't. He handles the puck like a grenade and has a low hockey IQ, decent speed and doesn't use his big frame. I'd rather see Hoff there for a couple games to see if it works.

It will work. Whoever is the 3rd guy will always work.

However, that wont address goaltending.

Hoffman is already on a 4 game point streak so he is producing. Sure he may produce more, but it doesnt address goaltending,

Reactions: I am not exposed

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
They're not though, and that's what's infuriating. I watched that entire game last night. They played great, dominated from start to finish. Analytically they would make Eric Joyce jealous. Overall they're in the top half in most offensive categories, completely respectable. People complaining about the forwards are wrong. People who want Boughner fired? Wrong. There is literally nothing that can be done when your goalie gives up 4 goals when only 1 should have been scored against him.

Better PK Better PP, mental more stable for 2nd Periode. When they get only 1 Goal against in the 2nd the complete go panic mode. Head comes in and says here it comes again.

But there is nothing this Team can do

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I also see another not good Foward group, get a Boost from the Panthers in the 2nd Periode.

But deep inside I still hope get out with a win. On the other Side, another 8 Goals against us, make the Situation really tough for Front office.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
It will work. Whoever is the 3rd guy will always work.

However, that wont address goaltending.

Hoffman is already on a 4 game point streak so he is producing. Sure he may produce more, but it doesnt address goaltending,
I'm not saying Bjugstad is THE problem. It's very clearly goaltending and some defensive lapses. I'm not freaking out yet, but I don't beleive Bjugstad is the answer for our top line, nor is Malgin.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I'm not saying Bjugstad is THE problem. It's very clearly goaltending and some defensive lapses. I'm not freaking out yet, but I don't beleive Bjugstad is the answer for our top line, nor is Malgin.
If Barkov and Dadonov are producing at a point per game, does the first line really need "an answer"?

Reactions: I am not exposed

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
They're not though, and that's what's infuriating. I watched that entire game last night. They played great, dominated from start to finish. Analytically they would make Eric Joyce jealous. Overall they're in the top half in most offensive categories, completely respectable. People complaining about the forwards are wrong. People who want Boughner fired? Wrong. There is literally nothing that can be done when your goalie gives up 4 goals when only 1 should have been scored against him.

i think we saw what can be done in the first period yesterday. the team played with a more conservative posture, limited chances, eliminated odd-man breaks and cashed in with some skill on the PP.

we've seen quite a bit of that. when the wheels start a comin' loose though man, it's 'katy bar the door'.

i think potvin and some of the players in post-gamers were right - turnovers are killing. transition defense isn't great but coverage in zone has been ok from what i've seen.

and that's what's frustrating as hell - they are just playing dumb hockey.

Reactions: pantherbot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad